When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the actual subject of independence, its pleasing to see folk like Mintermind continue in the ongoing failure to make a case for the union and instead make the shift to the need for cast iron guarantees of things that are utterly impossible for anyone to make.

As mentioned continually, the greatest case for the Union will always be that the Nats can’t provide any guarantees that things will not be worse under their pie in the skys plans. It’s why the majority of the Scottish electorate don’t want it.

No amount of ranting by Nicola, Janey Godley and Wings changes that.

14 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

As mentioned continually, the greatest case for the Union will always be that the Nats can’t provide any guarantees that things will not be worse under their pie in the skys plans. Is why the majority of the Scottish electorate don’t want it.

That's an idiotic argument, you can't provide any guarantees that staying in the Union wouldn't be an utter disaster for us.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's an idiotic argument, you can't provide an guarantees that staying in the Union wouldn't be an utter disaster for us.

They couldn’t even guarantee staying in the Union would keep us in the EU.

8 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

As mentioned continually, the greatest case for the Union will always be that the Nats can’t provide any guarantees that things will not be worse under their pie in the skys plans. It’s why the majority of the Scottish electorate don’t want it.

Their plans?

The SNP plans for post Indy governance of Scotland are irrelevant. Whoever is to govern Scotland will be responsible for the future and whatever it entails. You are either deliberately continuing a narrative you know to be false, or you are too stupid to realise that independence is not a ticket for the SNP to rule us. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Their plans?

The SNP plans for post Indy governance of Scotland are irrelevant. Whoever is to govern Scotland will be responsible for the future and whatever it entails. You are either deliberately continuing a narrative you know to be false, or you are too stupid to realise that independence is not a ticket for the SNP to rule us. 

Stating the bleedin' obvious there, mate.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

That's an idiotic argument, you can't provide any guarantees that staying in the Union wouldn't be an utter disaster for us.

If someone says to me you can hang on until the end of the year and you could be better off or worse off, or you can take a monumental and irreversible gamble now with the risk of being even more worse off for ever more, then I’m happy to see how it rolls. That’s a personal view (and one not blinded by an anglophobic view).

If someone says to me you can hang on until the end of the year and you could be better off or worse off, or you can take a monumental and irreversible gamble now with the risk of being even more worse off for ever more, then I’m happy to see how it rolls. That’s a personal view (and one not blinded by an anglophobic view).
No one is being anglophobic so that's another stupid diversion you can drop.

No need to consider how to address the increasing political divide between Scotland and England? If you are politically aware at all, and regardless of whether you are pro Indy or against, to dismiss it on the basis of "things are absolutely fine" is totally dishonest. 
Things are not absolutely fine. Things are fucked. They are going to get more fucked, and the only people who do not think so are rich Tories and stupid people. If Indy isnt the answer, something else has to be, but things are not fine in the UK politically. 

You’ve really not travelled very far and wide if you think we are ‘fucked’.

You’ve really not travelled very far and wide if you think we are ‘fucked’.
Yeah, you have a heavy "spends a lot of time in Benidorm" vibe tbf. Maybe I should do that too and see if it changes my outlook on whether or not it's best for my country to be governed remotely by people it comprehensively rejected at the ballot box, enacting policies it comprehensively rejected at the ballot box.

Plenty to think about.

6 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

As has been said, in the last referendum campaign Better Together promised that a No vote was the only guarantee to stay in the EU. And we ended up being dragged on a monumental and irreversible gamble with the only way out being to jump off the UK bus.

If Mintermind was on the Titanic and offered a place in one of those dangerous and potentially leaky lifeboats, he’d stay aboard the great ship because there’d be a 50:50 chance that he’d not die of shock or exposure in -2 degree water.

Edited by Antlion

18 minutes ago, Grahame said:

If mintermind was a MP he'd abstain on every vote.   

Come now - on the important votes he’d run of poll on which way his betters were voting and then do what they think best. It eliminates all that pesky thinking and ensures that he’d never knowingly even appear like he’s going against the master. 

If Mintermind was on the Titanic and offered a place in one of those dangerous and potentially leaky lifeboats, he’d stay aboard the great ship because there’d be a 50:50 chance that he’d not die of shock or exposure in -2 degree water.

You beat me to that analogy. Though I was going with ‘No let’s stay onboard as she is unsinkable!’

7 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

You beat me to that analogy. Though I was going with ‘No let’s stay onboard as she is unsinkable!’

To be fair, there was a 50:50 chance that she was unsinkable. After all, it was stated that she was “practically unsinkable” in that good British publication, The Belfast Morning News. Those lifeboats had no “cast iron guarantee” that they wouldn’t tip over, though. And they were filthy European clinker-types, lowered by Swedish Welin davits. Can’t expect an ardent, Anglophile loyalist to want anything to do with them.