When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Well, for reasons already outlined, I can't elect a politician of any colour who can influence all the parts of my life that I want. Our MEPs would have had full rights as any other and I view the great majority of the achievements of the EU to be beneficial to me. To the extent I can't think of a single time in my life where I've thought "I wish I could do X but the EU won't let me.". My rights and privileges as an EU citizen were valuable to me and I'm angry at losing them.

Scotland's got a developed and diverse economy much like any western European nation, which is an environment risk managers already take into account to assess corporate bonds issued here. I can see no reason why government bonds would not be issuable at sensible rates that could be paid back as we grew our economy with our own government more effectively than the UK government.

You and I just simply disagree. Your last statement is based on your opinion which may not be shared by those who buy bonds. 

Cheers

23 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I find it strange that you would be more comfortable with Belgians, Greeks and Italians influencing your life than others much more close to home - and I voted to stay in the EU as I can't see the logic of putting barriers up with others. 

And so remaining part of a state that’s behaving illogically is your solution?

And so remaining part of a state that’s behaving illogically is your solution?

Thankfully the sensible majority of the Scottish electorate see breaking away from Britain, with no evidence whatsoever that we’ll be better off, as illogical.

It’s only the gullible, minority Nats that swallow up whatever Salmond, Sturgeon, Swinney, Mackay & Co tell them.

26 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Thankfully the sensible majority of the Scottish electorate see breaking away from Britain, with no evidence whatsoever that we’ll be better off, as illogical.

It’s only the gullible, minority Nats that swallow up whatever Salmond, Sturgeon, Swinney, Mackay & Co tell them.

It doesn’t quite look like the majority agree with you any longer. In fact, it seems the majority now realise that remaining part of a far right, separatist rogue state, led by racists like Johnson and Cummings, that is pursuing Brexit in the teeth of all logic is actually a disastrous path for Scotland.

It’s only the craven forelock tuggers who would sell their own grannies into slavery if an Englishman with a public school accent demanded it who despise Scotland enough to want it to sink with the RMS Britannia.

6 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Sadly the 'pitiful poster' doesn't understand different grading of oppression can be applied, and it didn't take him long to oust himself as a Brit-nat.    

It's a South Lanarkshire problem that needs addressing through education.     

Folk like mintermind are so off the scale they're lost causes, to themselves, their family, and their country.  

By their country I hope you mean “the UK of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”. They’d die in the proverbial ditch before accepting that Scotlandshire is their country.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

I find it strange that you would be more comfortable with Belgians, Greeks and Italians influencing your life than others much more close to home

The EU has a tiny influence on our lives compared to Westminster, other than freedom of travel and trade which is about to be robbed from us despite the overwhelming wishes of the Scottish people.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The EU has a tiny influence on our lives compared to Westminster, other than freedom of travel and trade which is about to be robbed from us despite the overwhelming wishes of the Scottish people.

BritNats need to be called out more on expressing disbelief at how independence supporters can reject the UK but approve of EU membership, when they themselves condemn EU membership whilst approving UK membership.

I’ve seen quite a few posts on Facebook from Union Jack-bedecked profiles ranting about how the Scottish Government are hypocrites for supporting one union and not the other, utterly oblivious to the fact that they do the same.

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

BritNats need to be called out more on expressing disbelief at how independence supporters can reject the UK but approve of EU membership, when they themselves condemn EU membership whilst approving UK membership.

I’ve seen quite a few posts on Facebook from Union Jack-bedecked profiles ranting about how the Scottish Government are hypocrites for supporting one union and not the other, utterly oblivious to the fact that they do the same.

Are you suggesting that the Union jack wearers are morons and their political opinions are best ignored?

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

You and I just simply disagree. Your last statement is based on your opinion which may not be shared by those who buy bonds. 

Cheers

The people who buy bonds aren't stupid enough to consider Scotland too wee, too poor and too stupid.

https://newsnet.scot/archive/credit-agency-confirms-indy-scotland-set-for-triple-a-credit-rating/

Edited by Baxter Parp

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Are you suggesting that the Union jack wearers are morons and their political opinions are best ignored?

The word moron is clearly overused in this debate since there are clearly people of considerable intellect both for and against independence. Personally I find the 'for' case more compelling.  The 'against' case is almost entirely propped up on the bases that Scotland is part of a family of nations with a lengthy shared political, social and cultural history; and, bizarrely, that the relationship between Scotland  and England is that of benefactor/supplicant. The former case has been seriously undermined by the contemptuous behavour of a certain family member in recent years and the latter by what ought to be a sense of self-worth.  Is it not utterly humiliating for a mature society to reject independence on the ground that we have an English sugar daddy who takes care of us? I also fail to understand what's in it for our benefactor. If I were suffering the attentions of a parasite I would do all in my power to rid myself of it. Throughout history England has been selfish and pragmatic in its actions (as,in fairness, have all nations} so I must assume that the English view on Scotland is not driven by their philanthropic nature,

Went on a bit there rather than answering the question. But, to the second part I would say of course not, to the first part I would answer more likely than not.

By their country I hope you mean “the UK of Great Britain and Northern Ireland”. They’d die in the proverbial ditch before accepting that Scotlandshire is their country.

Quite the contrary. Only Salmond, Sturgeon, Mackay, Sheridan etc and their ‘forelock tugging’ gullible followers want to throw sensible economic logic and rational thinking out the window purely to get away from big, nasty England. It’s classic wee man syndrome.

The sensible majority, who actually care for Scotland’s interests, luckily think a lot more rationally.

3 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Quite the contrary. Only Salmond, Sturgeon, Mackay, Sheridan etc and their ‘forelock tugging’ gullible followers want to throw sensible economic logic and rational thinking out the window purely to get away from big, nasty England. It’s classic wee man syndrome.

Then the failing UK state led by Mother England has just manifested a bigger case of it than Scotland ever has. And you’re content to be dragged along, because the Motherland must never, ever be questioned. 

Thankfully the majority are of Scots do not appear to be Shakespeare’s “weasel Scots” in the way that you do.

Then the failing UK state led by Mother England has just manifested a bigger case of it than Scotland ever has. And you’re content to be dragged along, because the Motherland must never, ever be questioned. 
Thankfully the majority are of Scots do not appear to be Shakespeare’s “weasel Scots” in the way that you do.

The Motherland, who the majority of Scots voted to stay with, should of course be questioned. There’s a 50/50 chance Brexit will be better or worse for us all, so let’s see how it all works out.

If our esteemed Scottish Govt can provide cast iron guarantees that we’ll all be better of as an independent country, then I’m all ears. Unfortunately all I’m seeing so far is some wee dugs dressed up in tartan at pointless marches and six years of bluster. Over to the minority to persuade us all.

The Motherland, who the majority of Scots voted to stay with, should of course be questioned. There’s a 50/50 chance Brexit will be better or worse for us all, so let’s see how it all works out.

If our esteemed Scottish Govt can provide cast iron guarantees that we’ll all be better of as an independent country, then I’m all ears. Unfortunately all I’m seeing so far is some wee dugs dressed up in tartan at pointless marches and six years of bluster. Over to the minority to persuade us all.
Why arent you asking for cast iron guarantees from the No side, given that promises made last time have not been fulfilled?

Why arent you asking for cast iron guarantees from the No side, given that promises made last time have not been fulfilled?

As things are absolutely fine as they are just now, and have been for decades. There’s no need to change as far as I can see.

2 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

As things are absolutely fine as they are just now, and have been for decades. There’s no need to change as far as I can see.

No need to consider how to address the increasing political divide between Scotland and England? If you are politically aware at all, and regardless of whether you are pro Indy or against, to dismiss it on the basis of "things are absolutely fine" is totally dishonest. 

Things are not absolutely fine. Things are fucked. They are going to get more fucked, and the only people who do not think so are rich Tories and stupid people. If Indy isnt the answer, something else has to be, but things are not fine in the UK politically. 

On the actual subject of independence, its pleasing to see folk like Mintermind continue in the ongoing failure to make a case for the union and instead make the shift to the need for cast iron guarantees of things that are utterly impossible for anyone to make.

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

So just to be clear, when the Motherland makes a decision that Scotland disagrees with, you will meekly accept it on the basis of a 50:50 chance of it working, and will happily await the destination that a bunch of far-right thugs draped in Union Jacks march us. When the Scottish Government proposes something, you suddenly become demanding of “cast iron guarantees”. It seems you hold the Scottish government to a different standard than you do your glorious masters down south (you hold them, apparently, to nothing - because you know your place is not to question the wisdom of your betters).  Thankfully it’s recently become clear that you and your “union at any cost” brethren are in the minority.