When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Next you'll go full Daily Express on us and say the EU won't accept a normal Scotland unless we cut our deficit.   Go on princess....you know you're capable of such shite.  

Oh look.  a post from Oor Graham.  I hope your parents added the 'e' for Europe rather than 'e' for effort.

My response to the delightful @git-intae-thumwas very simple:  Scotland can't control any indyref timetable and Scotland can't control any EU accession.

Now I know you're not very bright but which of those points would you like to take issue with?

Just now, Grahame said:

Both because I don't believe my country should be oppressed.    

Stick to the point Graham(e).  As I said, Scotland can't control any indyref timetable and Scotland can't control any EU accession timetable.

Now which of those do you disagree with?  Please don't go off on a tangent.

Just now, Grahame said:

Princess I disagree with both things happening to Scotland.   

Good stuff.  Now talk me through Scotland''s ability to control the timing of IndyRef2 and Scotland controlling its post-independence access to the EU.

A few paragraphs on each would be interesting.

Good stuff.  Now talk me through Scotland''s ability to control the timing of IndyRef2 and Scotland controlling its post-independence access to the EU.
I've asked you before but you failed to answer, so I'll ask again. Would you rather have an independent Scotland in the EU or remain part of Britain outside of it?

10 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've asked you before but you failed to answer, so I'll ask again. Would you rather have an independent Scotland in the EU or remain part of Britain outside of it?

I don't think I really avoided the Q but it's tricky for me, especially as I am looking to move to The Weege once my youngest has started Uni n 2021.  On balance?  Probably Scotland within the EU but the hate-fuelled Natters do make the choice a very tricky one.

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 minutes ago, Grahame said:

There's no need because ( as you're celebrating ) Scotland is a entrenched colony of England.    If Scotland wants to do anything it can't because England controls Scotland.  

Whilst I accept you get the bone about this because of Team:Rangers  you have to understand the vast majority of Scots are not bigots.   

Scotland wants to stay in the union and rejects your vile blood and soil imperialism.   

More dross.  Now talk me through Scotland''s ability to control the timing of IndyRef2 and Scotland controlling its post-independence access to the EU.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

At least 5 years before the IndyRef2 and a further 10 years before IndyScot joins the EU?

Realistic timescale?

So here we have a committed unionist living in england who is completely out of touch of what is happening in Scotland predicting Independence.

His timescale though is way out of whack as what he predicts will happen sooner.

Alba an-asgaidth.

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

What is the evidence for this hate you speak of?

We laughed when Rangers died.

That's genuinely the root of this ongoing tantrum, to the point that we're about to form a provisional army, because that's what they did. You know, them.

Still waiting for my application form, by the way, lads. Chop chop.

10 hours ago, Grahame said:

Princess, are these hate filled natters anglophobic?   

Beyond Sean Clerkin it's a view that anyone who lives in Scotland couldn't possible arrive at.    There's some anti-asian sentiment.  Some Rangers/celtic religious stuff but absolutely no anti-welsh or anti-English stuff.   As the 2014 referendum showed.    

But princess, we all know the real reason you're determined to whip up a grievance that just doesn't exist.    

Hugh MacDiarmid maintained that Anglophobia was one of his key interests. But he was a bit odd, and even he didn't mean individual English people. Obviously "hate-filled natters" is a rhetorical flourish, or possible a tongue-in-cheek tease. Or perhaps Kincardine is exaggerating for comic effect.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Maybe I should have read the whole thread before posting a reply. Doh!

Good that we're agreed that, although drinkable, Bells isn't one of the better ones..

My father drank nothing else. To him, the words Bells and whisky meant the same thing!

I suspect if you're Scottish and not anglophobic (like most of us) then it might be hard to see anglophobia. I've chatted to some English work colleagues about this and there's loads of wee things that get said unthinkingly that wind them up.

Poshness being associated with Englishness for example. Worth keeping in mind if you're thinking of confidently saying there's no anglophobia in Scotland.
You're posh or they're posh?

36 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I suspect if you're Scottish and not anglophobic (like most of us) then it might be hard to see anglophobia. I've chatted to some English work colleagues about this and there's loads of wee things that get said unthinkingly that wind them up.

Poshness being associated with Englishness for example. Worth keeping in mind if you're thinking of confidently saying there's no anglophobia in Scotland.

I think there is undoubtedly anglophobia in Scotland.

However, I think it pales into insignificance compared to the rampant anti-Scottish racism in England, which you see in the MSM every day and even in parliament. 

You will never be able to find a single example of anglophobia in the Scottish media or Scottish parliament, not once.  But it happens all the time the other way round, and its so accepted and part of the culture that it isn't even considered or mentioned.