When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
11 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:
Anyone else getting pissed off at whoever runs All Under One Banner? Consistantly posting shite on Facebook and getting slated for it by their followers, then now organising demos and protests in the midst of a pandemic and again, their followers telling them not to. 
Their obsession with wanting a referendum right now at this present time is getting more ridiculous by the way. I genuinely feel now that the greatest risk to a Yes vote is our own kind... 

I stopped getting their feed because there were some individuals who were utter moon howlers.

My cousin is one of them , I don't follow them but I see all the shite he posts it's like a fucking tartan army sing song.

I wish they would stop going on about Brexit and catalonya, Brexit is actualy the only reason we will get in the EU, given the voting structure of the EU where each member has a veto over certain issues the last thing they want is for a current territory to go from having one veto to 2 or more

The SNP are unable to think of any policies beyond nanny state stuff so it's either bring back OBAF or ask the Greens for one of their policies again. 

Scotland is a country of curtain twitching clipes as proven during lockdown. It's not a surprise the original discriminatory bill was popular. It's the sort of thing that would get laughed out of WM but the paternal Church mindset runs deep up here. 

Considering Westminster tried put the cherry on the "cattle" approach by forcing football fans to carry ID cards, and runs campaigns encouraging curtain-twitchers to clipe on benefits claimants/immigrants/the latest tabloid enemy, I don't think we'll be taking lectures on the inferiority of Scottish society, thanks.

My hot take is that independence supporters have a generally negative view of their compatriots and the discussion when Jim Murphy wanted to bring booze back to the fitba was illuminating of this.
Jim Murphy is a fucking knob. Had to say it. Fucking knob.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
My hot take is that independence supporters have a generally negative view of their compatriots and the discussion when Jim Murphy wanted to bring booze back to the fitba was illuminating of this.

Jim Murphy is a fucking knob. Had to say it. Fucking knob.

I doubt even members of his own family would disagree with you tbf

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I doubt even members of his own family would disagree with you tbf

In his heart of hearts, I doubt even he'd disagree with the sentiment.

6 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Disliked by James Kelly and some Old Firm fans who saw their freedom to sing bigoted crap and stir up hatred threatened.

Kelly gets disproportionate access to the press to put forward his views.......see the BBC article by, surprise surprise, Sarah Smith as an example.

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

No, it had majority support in polling.

It got repealed because Labour was wanting it's Glasgow constituencies back and managed to persuade the greens it was a good idea.

Both the above may have an element of truth to them, but it really wasn’t helped by the fact is was an appallingly put together piece of legislation and really not fit for the job it was meant to do. This looks like it may have similar issues. When a judge in a court tells someone being charged that the legislation they are being charged under really wasn’t meant to be aimed at people like them, you know there’s an issue.

I had forgotten that Jim Murphy based an entire general election campaign around ending the alcohol ban in football grounds. Not difficult to see why he was rated so highly as a political operator by the Scottish commentariat. 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

The SNP are unable to think of any policies beyond nanny state stuff so it's either bring back OBAF or ask the Greens for one of their policies again. 

Scotland is a country of curtain twitching clipes as proven during lockdown. It's not a surprise the original discriminatory bill was popular. It's the sort of thing that would get laughed out of WM but the paternal Church mindset runs deep up here. 

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Considering Westminster tried put the cherry on the "cattle" approach by forcing football fans to carry ID cards, and runs campaigns encouraging curtain-twitchers to clipe on benefits claimants/immigrants/the latest tabloid enemy, I don't think we'll be taking lectures on the inferiority of Scottish society, thanks.

You'd think H_B would tire of being repeatedly rinsed on here, but no.

Tremendous stuff. 

This is one of the best threads on here. Generally dominated by good c***s that want an independent Scotland with the odd interlude of Kincy being off his nut (keep fighting the good fight brother) and H_B's latest sizzling hot take being slapped down.

Going to be some patter on here when we finally get independence. 

Edited by JMDP

This is one of the best threads on here. Generally dominated by good c***s that want an independent Scotland with the odd interlude of Kincy being off his nut (keep fighting the good fight brother) and H_B's latest sizzling hot take being slapped down.
Going to be some patter on here when we finally get independence. 
Some hilarious toy out of pram resignations me thinks....

Maybe it's because I was a teenager when I joined P&B but I remember HB being a pretty solid poster back in the day. Someone you'd often disagree with but tended to make persuasive, logical arguments. It's kind of sad to see what he's become.

30 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Maybe it's because I was a teenager when I joined P&B but I remember HB being a pretty solid poster back in the day. Someone you'd often disagree with but tended to make persuasive, logical arguments. It's kind of sad to see what he's become.

UK unionism is one hell of a drug.

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

HB/Detournement is far from the worst poster on P&B. As with everyone he'll come out with some wacky shit but that's fine and entertaining. He has interesting stuff to say more often than not imo.

Oh yeah, nowhere near the worst. I think I just still expect better from him than most of the other unionists on here. This site does skew so far towards pro-independence that it does seem to affect some of the unionist posters.