When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

On taxation, I would merge NI and income tax.

Corporation Tax - a nil rate band for income arising from manufacturing which physically takes place in Scotland.

I don't agree a nil corporation tax rate, reduced rate maybe which would encourage foreign companies to locate here. While we pay 20% the Irish have a base of 12.5% which has benefited the country. The US under Trump reduced their rate from 35% to 21% which has generated a boom.

I remember I was paying 17% some time back and I think it is being reduced back to that in the near future, however HMRC can be generous with tax breaks, even though my main income was from overseas depreciation on various items was welcome.

Edited by SandyCromarty

I genuinely couldn't imagine anything as minterific as leaving a forum, making a fucking massive deal about it, then coming back a couple of weeks later. 
200.gif&key=26c51cefb72f21c433e6d92205628b1f26af47667cfc3ff773708d965b254163
Not just leaving a forum, actually begging to be banned by a mod because he embarrassed himself on the GN forum with a headsgone on his own thread. Tremendous stuff [emoji23][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Not just leaving a forum, actually begging to be banned by a mod because he embarrassed himself on the GN forum with a headsgone on his own thread. Tremendous stuff emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Not only that, but he claims to have pre-planned it with a mod, despite repeatedly trying to delete the thread and the mods reinstating it when the popular vote was that it was utter shite. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I genuinely couldn't imagine anything as minterific as leaving a forum, making a fucking massive deal about it, then coming back a couple of weeks later. 

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Not just leaving a forum, actually begging to be banned by a mod because he embarrassed himself on the GN forum with a headsgone on his own thread. Tremendous stuff emoji23.pngemoji23.png

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not only that, but he claims to have pre-planned it with a mod, despite repeatedly trying to delete the thread and the mods reinstating it when the popular vote was that it was utter shite. :lol:

He's a complete arse who's sole raison detre is just to come on here and annoy as many as he possibly can.

Unfortunately he appears to enjoy some success with this. He really needs to get a life.

4 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

Yep, we are really seeing the ‘positive case’ for Scottish Independence here. Resorting to insults almost instantly once again emoji38.png

It's almost as if you get treated like a moron if you act like one.

Not strictly limited to the politics section of the site.

I’d expect the Better Together 2.0 to go down a route of “we are so much more similar to rUK than the Europeans” type line and bang on about a hard border at Carlisle and how much more trade we do with rUK than continental Europe.

It remains to be seen how successful said campaign will be.
It won't be

Can't see it mentioned, but at PMQs yesterday Boris came out with "there's only one party in this chamber with the word Nationalist in its name".

Well, obviously Ian Blackford was straight up on his feet looking like Christmas had come early, and got stuck right into Boris.  The fact the PM doesn't even know the name of Scotland's dominant party (and the 3rd largest in the Commons) shows just how much attention he really pays.

Great interview with Carlaw this morning by Adam Boulton on Sky News.

Question : Don't you think that Scotland should have the right to determine its own future rather than "English Bully Boys at Westminster?"

Answer : %X$$*@: waffle, waffle, bluster, waffle.

I like Adam Boulton.

I don't agree a nil corporation tax rate, reduced rate maybe which would encourage foreign companies to locate here. While we pay 20% the Irish have a base of 12.5% which has benefited the country. The US under Trump reduced their rate from 35% to 21% which has generated a boom.
I remember I was paying 17% some time back and I think it is being reduced back to that in the near future, however HMRC can be generous with tax breaks, even though my main income was from overseas depreciation on various items was welcome.

It’s a targeted rate on physical manufacturing. Tax gets paid via PAYE etc, and we provide jobs of a type that are becoming increasingly rare.

It’s all about the inward investment.

On 05/02/2020 at 18:07, welshbairn said:

I wonder who that could be? must be his only friend on here.

No doubt there will be a reincarnation of Sir Tarmo/Rosewell/AB de Villiers.

Aided and abetted by his friend the mod.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We are never going to see any meaningful recovery in manufacturing because the public want cheap and free stuff.

It would be much better to invest in the future through research and development and encouragment of entrepeneurialism.

Plus we are on the cusp of AI.