When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep exactly. For the record i support independence. I think it’s very unfair that those opposed to it have the power to block a vote on it . Both here and abroad. I was referring to catalonia in my example.
Nevertheless
If the snp tried the the same trick here they would just end up making fools of themselves.
It's pointless show boating for the converted really. I can understand the temptation but if you are trying to convert No voters it will just entrench positions. Much like UDI it's not a thing "grown ups" would consider.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Excuse the proxy begging:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/legal-costs-of-defending-a-defamation-action/backers#start

Andy Wightman is a champion of Scotland's wild land and a tireless campaigner for land reform, whichever way you think on independence I think you can appreciate the way things are now are not healthy with a huge proportion of Scotland's land owned by a few hundred families. He has attacked Wildcat Haven/Highland Titles in the past for essentially lying to Americans about buying a share in a bit of land in order to lay claim to some lairdship or other which is utterly without basis in law. They have now sued him for defamation with the aim of making him bankrupt so he cannot continue to be an MSP. They have not disclosed their funders.

Donate him a tenner to defend himself if you like, or don't. The appeal closes in an hour.

Missed the deadline but fairly sure I donated before. Let me know if he needs more dosh.

2 hours ago, btb said:

RD agreeing that calls for IndyRef2 would be legitimate if the SNP won a majority at Holyrood in May 2021 - first question that springs to mind is would she quibble over a situation where Green/SNP combined to vote for one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48607722

Sajid will say no anyway, so it doesn't matter.

16 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Excuse the proxy begging:

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/legal-costs-of-defending-a-defamation-action/backers#start

Andy Wightman is a champion of Scotland's wild land and a tireless campaigner for land reform, whichever way you think on independence I think you can appreciate the way things are now are not healthy with a huge proportion of Scotland's land owned by a few hundred families. He has attacked Wildcat Haven/Highland Titles in the past for essentially lying to Americans about buying a share in a bit of land in order to lay claim to some lairdship or other which is utterly without basis in law. They have now sued him for defamation with the aim of making him bankrupt so he cannot continue to be an MSP. They have not disclosed their funders.

Donate him a tenner to defend himself if you like, or don't. The appeal closes in an hour.

Put in £20 and good to see him get so close, he’s been doing important work for 25 years and his Who Owns Scotland website is a great resource for this event of us interested in the current system of land tenure.

Had to laugh at all the Indy gammons raging because AW congratulated Dugdale after the Wings case and tweeting petulant gtf comments to him when the AW crowdfunder was launched. Talk about missing the wood for the trees. Land ownership and historic vested power are huge hurdles towards a more equitable Scotland. 

3 hours ago, btb said:

RD agreeing that calls for IndyRef2 would be legitimate if the SNP won a majority at Holyrood in May 2021 - first question that springs to mind is would she quibble over a situation where Green/SNP combined to vote for one?

The Greens/SNP already have voted for one, Ruth Davidson previously said that was acceptable.

She's now demanding a majority for one party in a system designed to prevent it, as being acceptable to her.

Tomorrow she'll claiming actually it's all up to Sajid to decide.

Tl;dr? Don't listen to a word Ruth Davidson says.

Edited by Londonwell

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The Greens/SNP already have voted for one, Ruth Davidson previously said that was acceptable.

She's now demanding a majority for one party in a system designed to prevent it, as being acceptable to her.

Tomorrow she'll claiming actually it's all up to Sajid to decide.

Tl;dr? Don't listen to word Ruth Davidson says.

Must've missed that, all I remember her saying on the subject is "we were promised once in a generation" & "concentrate on with the day job".

11 minutes ago, btb said:

Must've missed that, all I remember her saying on the subject is "we were promised once in a generation" & "concentrate on with the day job".

She said the UK Gov should never block one.

Skip to 5 minutes on wards for easiness: 

Edited by Londonwell

somewhat scary but undertandable the amount of people thinking a non-London agreed vote should never be contemplated.

Essentially means no pressure for a vote ever to be negotiated.

Definitely not what you want but cannot be taken off the table.

On another note, i'm happy enough with the idea the SNP and Greens should have to commit equivocally to holding a referendum and getting a majority of seats.  It's a democratic path.  One had to be offered.

@Baxter Parp

@Londonwell

Fair enough - I see though that the RD interview is from just after the Euro Referendum in 2016 and interestingly she leaves a few other "hostages to fortune" within it. In between then and now however her message has been that we shouldn't have one and she is currently backing Sajid Javid (who has said he would block a second independence referendum) as leadership candidate. It is just a bit confusing...

[mention=31033]Baxter Parp[/mention]
[mention=42103]Londonwell[/mention]
Fair enough - I see though that the RD interview is from just after the Euro Referendum in 2016 and interestingly she leaves a few other "hostages to fortune" within it. In between then and now however her message has been that we shouldn't have one and she is currently backing Sajid Javid (who has said he would block a second independence referendum) as leadership candidate. It is just a bit confusing...
Standard issue for a Tory.

4 hours ago, Snobot said:

Put in £20 and good to see him get so close, he’s been doing important work for 25 years and his Who Owns Scotland website is a great resource for this event of us interested in the current system of land tenure.

Had to laugh at all the Indy gammons raging because AW congratulated Dugdale after the Wings case and tweeting petulant gtf comments to him when the AW crowdfunder was launched. Talk about missing the wood for the trees. Land ownership and historic vested power are huge hurdles towards a more equitable Scotland. 

So are twats like dugdale.  He was wrong. Will be getting fk all from me for that reason.  Might even donate to WOS again actually instead. £150k smahsed now.

7 hours ago, btb said:

who gives a fk we had an election and she lost.  She speaks for nobody.

Edited by Kuro

3 hours ago, tirso said:

somewhat scary but undertandable the amount of people thinking a non-London agreed vote should never be contemplated.

Essentially means no pressure for a vote ever to be negotiated.

Definitely not what you want but cannot be taken off the table.

On another note, i'm happy enough with the idea the SNP and Greens should have to commit equivocally to holding a referendum and getting a majority of seats.  It's a democratic path.  One had to be offered.

They already have that now.