When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Within error it's not really a majority at all but I agree with you that it's not enough to go for a referendum.

I'd suggest 60% was a better target to hit in polling first but the time certainly isn't now.

It's really up to whenever the Scottish citizens clearly show they want one.  In terms of how that's demonstrated; If it's not a majority then it has to be something.

One person in downing street deciding it doesn't matter whether it's nearly half, more than half, loads more than half or whatever isn't right.  To say people coming on the electoral register (mostly pro-Yes if polls are believed) for 30 years until Sturgeon passes away can't make any changes is just wrong, in my view.  It's not winning an argument for the union.  I think it's disrespectful as well of what the UK is supposed to be.  I can get on board with an idea of a strong Scotland in Britain.  But I can't abide the idea it's out of Scottish citizens hands whether we want to make that choice again.  Noone's asking to foist a vote on the country people don't want.  It's about having the right to a vote if we want one.  No more, no less.

I cannot stand this idea we've to be grateful that a Labour leader might give Scotland a vote if it's expedient for them.  Why should their individual view count more than the people of Scotland's?

I personally don't want another vote this year or next.  I'd rather wait until a healthy majority just see it as the normal course of play.  There's got to be a democratic trigger allowed of some kind.

It's  my belief that the independence movement needs time to come up with credible answers on post brexit anyway.   I actually sincerely believe the blocking makes independence far, far more likely in the medium term.  It's not like it's going away anytime soon.

Edited by tirso

Wasnt there a thread about "a positive case for the union". Interesting* that these incels take turns at swarming round here when all they actually need to do is pop over there and tell us all why we should get behind the union.....

*well it would be, if not for the sort of patter levels you are always going to get from someone who takes instruction to spam the political bit of a football forum....

8 minutes ago, Blinky said:

You are claiming another vote has to happen. Why? We voted already.

Please provide evidence to back up this claim. Be very specific and show where I claim “Another vote has to happen”. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have you ever had your hole?

25 minutes ago, Blinky said:

More personal insults from the delusional Nats. And they wonder why nobody wants to back their failing indy campaign.

That'll be a No*, then.

*©2014 Better Together

Damn. I had kinda hoped Glenanover had topped himself. Ah well.
This must be one of those horrifying CyberNatzi calls for bloodshed that I keep reading about.

As a po-faced w**k, I am suitably appalled and hereby renounce my Scottishnessship.

32 minutes ago, Blinky said:

More personal insults from the delusional Nats. And they wonder why nobody wants to back their failing indy campaign.

It's all they've got Blinky, and it's not really their fault. The politicians they are relying on to develop their arguments are failing them badly. The SNP still don't know what currency Scotland would use long term - although it seems to have decided that if there was to be Scottish Independence we'd let the Bank of England dictate economic policy. Then there is the prospect of the fiscal deficit. When asked Nicola Sturgeon promises to cut the deficit by "increasing spending, but by less than the rate of growth". That would be absolutely fine if the SNP hadn't spent the last 10 years calling that same fiscal policy from Westminster "austerity" - and of course there is no guarantee of growth in the Scottish economy after independence anyway particularly as the IMF keeps downgrading forecasts for the EU - which Nicola Sturgeon so desperately wants an "independent Scotland" to be ruled from. 

No, these poor nationalists have little to back up their case. On this site we saw the sad case of one of their dafties publishing a report published by the SNP, under a different pseudonym, the results of an EY "attractiveness survey" that showed that Scotland - as part of the UK, as we currently are - is an attractive prospect for foreign investment.

Meanwhile the IMF, whilst downgrading EU growth prospects,  has upgraded it's forecasts for the UK AFTER Brexit, now predicting we will be the fastest growing economy in Europe. The SNP have also failed to meet their pre General Election pledges of stopping Boris and stopping Brexit. Indeed so bad is their performance that they can't even find any sort of leverage beyond screaming names at the UK Prime Minster to have an expensive re-run of their 2014 failure. 

To make matters worse for the SNP their record at Holyrood is coming under increased scrutiny. The disastrous build projects at Edinburgh Kids Hospital, and the clear safety failings at the QEUH are front and centre these days - as is their complete miss-handling of the CalMac ferry contracts at the now tax payer subsidised Nationalised company at Fergusons. There is also the damaging prospect of the Alex Salmond trial in March, and no matter which way the court finds on these 2 counts of attempted rape, and 9 counts of sexual assault, there is going to be increased focus on the SNP's internal system for complaint handling and on Nicola Sturgeons personal handling of the Alex Salmond's arrest.  I wonder too how the Scottish public will react when it realises that the extra 1% Scottish Tax that is being levied on employees that have the misfortune to be from Scotland isn't going into public services and welfare improvements, it's actually going to cover the cost of all those expensive SNP f**k ups. 

No wonder Nationalists have resorted to name calling, abuse, and to threats of "taking up arms" - as we've seen being tolerated on this website by moderators who seem happy enough to see Pie and Bovril being used as a recruitment tool for terrorists. What else have they got but to accept their dream has ended, that REAL Scots want to be part of the most successful political union of all time.....the United Kingdom, where indeed we will always be Better Together. 

Edited by Malky3

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Wasnt there a thread about "a positive case for the union". Interesting* that these incels take turns at swarming round here when all they actually need to do is pop over there and tell us all why we should get behind the union.....

*well it would be, if not for the sort of patter levels you are always going to get from someone who takes instruction to spam the political bit of a football forum....

I made the positive case for the Union ages ago. It was rubbished by Nationalists, and yet I've been proved absolutely correct. Scotland is economically better within the UK even after Brexit. 

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

470787639_giphy(5).gif.aa45d482810f710fe859e14c67f4bf6d.gif

I was going to ask if that was your girlfriend doing an impression of your pathetic attempts to pleasure her. Then I realised how stupid that sounded.......you........with a girlfriend 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I was going to ask if that was your girlfriend doing an impression of your pathetic attempts to pleasure her. Then I realised how stupid that sounded.......you........with a girlfriend 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

It's all they've got Blinky, and it's not really their fault. The politicians they are relying on to develop their arguments are failing them badly. No wonder British Nationalists have resorted to name calling and abuse. What else have they got?