When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You say, "bring it on" I agree from a Unionist perspective that would be the logical thing to do.
But my point is NONE, absolutely NONE of the Unionist leaders either in Scotland or at Westminster share your view!
That's the strange part don't you agree? 

Last week orangerab was saying leave it til after brexit

You say, "bring it on" I agree from a Unionist perspective that would be the logical thing to do.
But my point is NONE, absolutely NONE of the Unionist leaders either in Scotland or at Westminster share your view!

I think they're a little preoccupied at present, it's only 2 years since the decisive referendum on Scottish Independence, it's on the back burner for at least another 3 years until this Brexit mess is sorted out, That's a less than generous timescale the way things seem to be shaping up.

I think they're a little preoccupied at present, it's only 2 years since the decisive referendum on Scottish Independence, it's on the back burner for at least another 3 years until this Brexit mess is sorted out, That's a less than generous timescale the way things seem to be shaping up.

Bit early to tell how the time frame could treat either side.

Suits me Rob. 2021 or 2022 that's the timeframe which is very much winnable.

Hope you had a good Christmas

On 25 December 2016 at 12:33, Highlandmagyar said:

That just shows what a narrow mind you have. You don't think of or respect anyone else's views.

I might if you didn't change them like the weather. I seem to recall the morning of the Brexit result you were demanding Scotland's sovereignty be acknowledged; days later you were demanding it not be. How you expect your views to be "respected" when you don't seem to have faith in them yourself, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Ironically, the regionalist leaders at WM care about the likes of Rob the least. They know that his ilk will reject Scotland's statehood no matter how they're treated. It's the softer voters they're interested in wooing, not the Orange Order types (who are a fait accompli).

14 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I might if you didn't change them like the weather. I seem to recall the morning of the Brexit result you were demanding Scotland's sovereignty be acknowledged; days later you were demanding it not be. How you expect your views to be "respected" when you don't seem to have faith in them yourself, I don't know.

In your quoting that you were' staggered' Intimates that you don't listen to or respect anyone who's view doesn't meet your agenda. I changed my mind, yes, the reasons given in an earlier post given on this thread, but your closed eyes to other opinions show how bitter you still are at your routing in 2014 and you don't accept how people came to vote for it.

Last week orangerab was saying leave it til after brexit

Just being realistic dlf, I think the No vote would a comfortably take the majority again if the vote was tomorrow, but it just can't happen until the UK exit from the EU is signed and sealed, however unpalatable that is for many of us. It would be impossible to achieve IF the UK separated beforehand, think about it?

Just being realistic dlf, I think the No vote would a comfortably take the majority again if the vote was tomorrow, but it just can't happen until the UK exit from the EU is signed and sealed, however unpalatable that is for many of us. It would be impossible to achieve IF the UK separated beforehand, think about it?

I have and i really couldnt give a f**k about the ruk,they wanted brexit let them have it

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar said:

In your quoting that you were' staggered' Intimates that you don't listen to or respect anyone who's view doesn't meet your agenda. I changed my mind, yes, the reasons given in an earlier post given on this thread, but your closed eyes to other opinions show how bitter you still are at your routing in 2014 and you don't accept how people came to vote for it.

On the contrary, I accept 2014 and the elections which followed it. It appears you haven't come to terms with you terms with your regionalist parties being repeatedly routed. As it happens I've seen no post explaining your acceptance that ScOtland should achieve statehood and your immediate reversion to thinking it shouldn't. Perhaps you link to it.. 

The no vote would prevail if the indy ref was tomorrow because nobody knows what brexit is going to look like yet. Once that becomes apparent near the end of 2018 there will probably be a 2nd indy ref unless the UK government agree to scotgovs demands (which they won't). Indy ref 2 beginning of 2019 and IF it's a yes vote scotland will take the place of the UK in the EU. Seems pretty simple and straight forward to me.

The no vote would prevail if the indy ref was tomorrow because nobody knows what brexit is going to look like yet. Once that becomes apparent near the end of 2018 there will probably be a 2nd indy ref unless the UK government agree to scotgovs demands (which they won't). Indy ref 2 beginning of 2019 and IF it's a yes vote scotland will take the place of the UK in the EU. Seems pretty simple and straight forward to me.

Terms of Brexit agreed by the end of 2018? Can't see it at all. The remaining term of the present U.K. Gov would be stretching it.

Terms of Brexit agreed by the end of 2018? Can't see it at all. The remaining term of the present U.K. Gov would be stretching it.

I should have maybe worded it better. When it becomes apparent we won't be getting a good deal and that deal may even take a decade to be put in place, there will likely be a shift in support of an indyref.
That's not to say it's a foregone conclusion however.
I know a fair few folk who voted yes but have said they will vote no in a 2nd indyref. Mostly in the fishing industry, they are expecting more powers to Scotland and their waters back.

They may well be disappointed....