When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Just to be clear - the regionalists want the White Paper to be disregarded nonsense, but any comments about "once in a generation opportunities" made by the people behind it to be written in stone.

Indeed. I assume therefore that promises made by the "No" side must be equally set in stone, let's say for example voting No to "save our place in the EU" for starters. 

19 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Just to be clear - the regionalists want the White Paper to be disregarded nonsense, but any comments about "once in a generation opportunities" made by the people behind it to be written in stone.

The white paper was instantly derided at the time. I took the generation comments at face value and now it appears they were ficitional also

18 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Indeed. I assume therefore that promises made by the "No" side must be equally set in stone, let's say for example voting No to "save our place in the EU" for starters. 

If yes had won we would have been out the EU so it was true at the time.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

He does have a point regards the White Paper - it was wish list politics of the worst kind.

I think over time,  much of the white paper was/is achievable in an iScotland. It will depend where successive iScotland govts prioritise growth policy and spending. 

Still looking for a similar detail from the Uk mob on Brexit. We did not get it pre vote, and we are still not getting it.

An amateurish cluster way to run a country. 

4 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

If yes had won we would have been out the EU so it was true at the time.

Same lie........again.

Bt bullshit disproved comprehensively time and again before and post 2014.

The 18th month timespan between vote and i day would have comfortably allowed the treaty amendments to allow  relatively seemless transition.

The  threat to Scotlands EU status was always a no vote. 

Fooled once shame on you. Fooled twice......u know the rest.

Anybody who believes the indyref1 vote was fair and above board must be super gullible. Proven vote rigging at the count in my local town hall posted on YouTube, better together going round care homes signing up pensioners to have proxies voting for them and some constituencies having postal votes of 97% for no, oh, and wee Ruthie announcing at 10 pm that no had won, suspicious perhaps? I read a post on a blog a few weeks ago when the writer was told by his friend, a high ranking Tory, two days before the vote that no had won. Do some investigating about the real facts about how things went, and don't just come on here shouting yaboo we won, you lost. Rant over....

Anybody who believes the indyref1 vote was fair and above board must be super gullible. Proven vote rigging at the count in my local town hall posted on YouTube, better together going round care homes signing up pensioners to have proxies voting for them and some constituencies having postal votes of 97% for no, oh, and wee Ruthie announcing at 10 pm that no had won, suspicious perhaps? I read a post on a blog a few weeks ago when the writer was told by his friend, a high ranking Tory, two days before the vote that no had won. Do some investigating about the real facts about how things went, and don't just come on here shouting yaboo we won, you lost. Rant over....

And yet the SNP did nothing about this not a squeek to the bobbies,nowt.Suggests its pish to me that does.

The "power cut" and subsequent evacuation at the Dundee count was also a bit suspicious.

31 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

I still find it incredible that the Scottish Govt/SNP gave no credence to any of this.Possibly because its utter tripe.

What could they gain from it, other than being accused of playing the sore loser?

Without iron-clad proof, the media would've had a field day, the police would make a token effort and the damage to the SNP would've been enduring.

10 hours ago, bob the tank said:

btw I predicted the 10% spread at about 7.30pm at my local polling station. You should have seen the sour faces on the snp tellers. It was a joy to behold. In fact it was peaceful and joyous.:lol::wub:luvedit

What could they gain from it, other than being accused of playing the sore loser?
Without iron-clad proof, the media would've had a field day, the police would make a token effort and the damage to the SNP would've been enduring.

But its on Youtube so it must be true is that not proof enough these days..

10 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Has the chap from Bath been busy on his typewriter again spreading paranoia across the hive? 

Has the chap from Bath been busy on his typewriter again spreading paranoia across the hive? 

Why ask that question? And the only hive mentality I ever come across is the yoon wallopers on here who can never put forward a reason to remain in the mighty UK but do plenty of saying you lost suck it up and no second referendum. Independent thought means finding things out for yourself from a wide variety of sources, maybe try it some time

18 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Voting no or not turning up effectively meant carry on as normal so a little bit different from yes side. This was their big moment and despite all the free buses laid on only 30% odd percent were keen enough. Yeah let's just disregard Sturgeons and Salmonds comments when appropriate. The generation thing was used as a scare tactic by the yes side to get people voting for them as it might be their only chance in a long while. 

What free buses were these?

1 hour ago, bob the tank said:

Why ask that question? And the only hive mentality I ever come across is the yoon wallopers on here who can never put forward a reason to remain in the mighty UK but do plenty of saying you lost suck it up and no second referendum. Independent thought means finding things out for yourself from a wide variety of sources, maybe try it some time

Might be an idea to step away from the keyboard for a while there champ, just a bit of free advice