When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:33, sfha said:

1. SNP lost the 2014 referendum

2. Cons/pro EU lost the 2016 EU referendum

3. British public have spoken. For the life of me I cannot understand why the SNP would tear us away from "Westminster Rule" only to be dictated to from a Belgian city. ???????

Because that is not what would happen.  Cheers.

Indyref2 has to be before brexit.   Robs denial doesn't change that,  sturgeon has already been offered one after brexit and turned it down.   It has to and will be this parliament and at least 6 months before brexit.   So that's what will happen amazed anyone still doubts this tbh. 

And so you'll expect the Scottish electorate to vote again without knowing the full terms of Brexit or knowing exactly what our (Sco) future position will be in terms of EU membership. This blind approach is what led to a resounding No vote in Sept 2014. Your eager 'independence at any cost' stance will result in the same outcome.

15 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And so you'll expect the Scottish electorate to vote again without knowing the full terms of Brexit or knowing exactly what our (Sco) future position will be in terms of EU membership. This blind approach is what led to a resounding No vote in Sept 2014. Your eager 'independence at any cost' stance will result in the same outcome.

May's said she'll publish the Brexit plan in the New Year so we'll all be fully informed, I'm sure.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38383216

May's said she'll publish the Brexit plan in the New Year so we'll all be fully informed, I'm sure.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-38383216

The intended strategy may emerge, but don't expect any details of the tactical plan(s), that will need to be agreed within the Government/Cabinet and then ratified by Parliament (TM has promised this). This is before our proposals are then presented to and negotiated with, the remaining members of the EU? A bureaucratic dream!

Just being realistic dlf, I think the No vote would a comfortably take the majority again if the vote was tomorrow, but it just can't happen until the UK exit from the EU is signed and sealed, however unpalatable that is for many of us. It would be impossible to achieve IF the UK separated beforehand, think about it?

I think there'd be plenty of English remainers and turncoat leavers who'd be absolutely fucking delighted with this, and so would I. And as DLF says, that is a absolutely rUKs problem, not ours.

8 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Yet you ignore the fact that England and Wales voted for separation without any plan. Apparently voting for separation "blind" (far blinder than Scotland was in 2014) is actually a thing, and much more recently exampled than 2014. Once again the blessed UK makes you look a tad foolish.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Yet you ignore the fact that England and Wales voted for separation without any plan. Apparently voting for separation "blind" (far blinder than Scotland was in 2014) is actually a thing, and much more recently exampled than 2014. Once again the blessed UK makes you look a tad foolish.

You ignore the small point that most people weren't actually aware there wasn't a plan in place until after the brexit vote. Maybe thats where the Scottish govt went wrong by choosing to publish a white paper fit for a high school project and giving the game away. Having witnessed two different referendums and the economy of truth being told you wonder what appetite any sensible Scot would have for another one right now. 

I'm not ignoring that at all, it's a proper mess, and not time for a 2nd Scottish Ref, until it's sorted!

Luckily enough it's not up to you or rob.  The Scottish first minister has said regularly repeatedly and consistently it's highly likely there will be one in this parliament,  and it's her decision.   

She has but anyone with a brain knows its mere wind and pish to keep dafties happy.

10 hours ago, AyrExile said:

You ignore the small point that most people weren't actually aware there wasn't a plan in place until after the brexit vote. Maybe thats where the Scottish govt went wrong by choosing to publish a white paper fit for a high school project and giving the game away. Having witnessed two different referendums and the economy of truth being told you wonder what appetite any sensible Scot would have for another one right now. 

You have no idea what "most people" knew or didn't know when casting their vote for the UK's separation.

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

I'm not ignoring that at all, it's a proper mess, and not time for a 2nd Scottish Ref, until it's sorted!

To some extent, but "the mess" that Cameron as UK leader has caused is hardly the people of Scotland's fault. Quite why you want us to endure it (and not just until a second referendum, but forever) is anyone's guess.

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

At least part of the rationale for a 2nd Indy Ref is to avoid the aforementioned mess, why then would we wait? Also, the desire to bring forward the question of Scottish self determination is intrinsic to Scotland as a democracy, we have an equal claim to the time, and resource to run it when we so wish, we should not be subordinate in this, to Westminster's desires for a peaceful, simple life - particularly when they are neck deep in a shitstorm of their own making, that most Scots didn't want anyway.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:51, Colkitto said:

You say, "bring it on" I agree from a Unionist perspective that would be the logical thing to do.

But my point is NONE, absolutely NONE of the Unionist leaders either in Scotland or at Westminster share your view!

That's the strange part don't you agree? 

Saying one thing, thinking another, how sure are you that, Davidson, Dugdale or Rennie would not mind #indyref2, sooner than later, everybody knows that, Sturgeon will blink first, although, the correct thing to do would be to wait, but she won't, if you lose again, it really is over