The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

43 minutes ago, srw said:

BBC website reporting Dundee scorer Jack Hendry as the son of Colin Hendry, which he isnt.

I know, he isn't that famous.  Not like Abdul Osman, son of Richard Osman off Pointless, and Chris Erskine, who built the Erskine Bridge.

Edited by forameus

12 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

They've got the badge right, if its 1922. 

No idea why they've put the Hibs badge there though..

Probably just ran out of room to print "Edinburgh Hibernian" IMO.

Was unfortunately enough to hear an interview with Michael Mols on the radio earlier in which he spewed out the usual shite and lies (Rangers should never have been 'demoted', it was a 'disaster' for Scottish football and pretty saying that they should never have been punished)

The Daily Record has carried an article looking at how a select group of former Rangers players punted by Pedro Caixinha got on with their new clubs this weekend.

It starts with this line:

They often say when you leave a club the size of Rangers the only way is down.

Anyone would think that they are trying to appease a large section of boycotting Rangers fans with a line that wouldn't look out of place in Seventy2 Magazine.

Then we get this, about Rob Kiernan.

The only ex-Ibrox star not to play this wekend*, far less hit the winner.

*Direct copy and paste

So we have a chunk of an article in a Scottish newspaper dedicated to a Southend player who was an unused substitute, and a fringe player at Rangers last season.

You can read the full thing here, but I honestly wouldn't bother. It seems like a desperate attempt to try and get the folk boycotting the paper back onside. 

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Was unfortunately enough to hear an interview with Michael Mols on the radio earlier in which he spewed out the usual shite and lies (Rangers should never have been 'demoted', it was a 'disaster' for Scottish football and pretty saying that they should never have been punished)

You mean this steamng pile of dug shite I saw

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40830521

Pandering, that's all it is, pure and simple

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The Daily Record has carried an article looking at how a select group of former Rangers players punted by Pedro Caixinha got on with their new clubs this weekend.

Anyone would think that they are trying to appease a large section of boycotting Rangers fans with a line that wouldn't look out of place in Seventy2 Magazine.

So we have a chunk of an article in a Scottish newspaper dedicated to a Southend player who was an unused substitute, and a fringe player at Rangers last season.

You can read the full thing here, but I honestly wouldn't bother. It seems like a desperate attempt to try and get the folk boycotting the paper back onside. 

Also incorrectly states that we were a goal down against Killie.

He's 750 miles away in Amsterdam, but there's no escaping certain things. The EBT chat? He's heard it - his was worth £260,000 - and here's his take on it. "I just wanted to play for Rangers, I would have played for petrol money. I didn't tell them that. They say, 'You can help the club by doing it this way'. I said, 'OK, as long as I don't get into trouble'. They put it on a letter and at the end of the day the responsibility is with the club. My agent agreed and also the guy who was doing the tax, because I don't have a clue about that. I assumed they had the knowledge about it. I agreed with it. I said, 'No problem, as long as I don't get into trouble.'

FFS.

I was also forced to listen to this on my drive up to the dons game today. A treat for the Motherwell fans wanting to hear build up to their season opener.

A nostalgic look back at his rangers career followed by rent-a-quote from the govan book of shite re EBT's.

Followed by Gordon smith repeating his nonsense about how many titles each team won during the EBT period as if it has any relevance whatsoever.

And then "here come the teams!".

13 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Even for a Rangers fanzine like the Daily Record, this is taking things a bit far.  Someone has literally been paid to find out if Rob Kiernan played for Southend United on Saturday.

Saturday afternoon 2pm driving to the game and BBC Radio Scotland spend 20 mins playing that interview Mols and then discussing the whole Rangers Died situation afterwards saying the same stuff they have been for years. Rangers weren't even playing that day FFS it's the opening round of fixtures for the other 36 teams about to play maybe you could talk about that!

Saturday afternoon 2pm driving to the game and BBC Radio Scotland spend 20 mins playing that interview Mols and then discussing the whole Rangers Died situation afterwards saying the same stuff they have been for years. Rangers weren't even playing that day FFS it's the opening round of fixtures for the other 36 teams about to play maybe you could talk about that!

Hold on, does that mean this was broadcast in full twice?