The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/sir-alex-ferguson-condemns-rangers-30929727

Where to even start with this pish. f**k me.

"And the former Rangers striker is utterly convinced that was the wrong call as he believes both the product on the pitch and attendances in the stands suffered. "

We won the League Cup and our attendances barely changed during Sevco's ascent up the gingy bottle leagues. Can't say, as a St Mirren fan, that I gave a single f**k that Rangers were not in the top flight.

21 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

What a knicker-wetting fanny. Made even worse by the fact that England's fans boo literally everyone else's anthem at Wembley, as he'll be well aware of.

Presumably he had some trenchant criticism of the Craig Brown/Libya/Morocco fiasco too, rather than just knee-jerk forelock tugging.

Speaking to Rangers TV, he said: "I think it was a lesson to the ones who voted to put them out, because the crowds went down, they were missing the Rangers fans. I can't remember all the reasons why that happened but they could have found a better solution to it because at the end of the day the health of the game is derived around supporters and those supporters weren't there.

"But to get back, it was a long journey, it wasn't overnight. I was surprised about Rangers, after they got back in the Premier League, they [the fans] still travelled. They could easily have said 'well I'm not going there, you voted us out'. But they kept their dignity."

I dread to think what else he said in this interview if this is one of the highlights.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Has anyone ever said Rangers kept their dignity with a straight face before? That must be a first, surely?

They have a peculiar definition of dignity, considering it's all they bang on about during screaming meltdowns.