St. Mirren vs Dumbarton

Must admit I didn't think the Hibs fans on here were all that condescending with their comments. Twitter was awash with them however.

Nae offence intended here Buddies... but are St Mirren a bigger club that the likes of Falkirk? I've always seen them as similar in terms of fanbase etc. How do season tickets sales compare to Falkirk? Obviously if you are basing it on recent league positions St Mirren would be considered bigger but I'd tend to judge the size of a club based on it's fanbase. Quite often see this 'big 3' chat being peddled when I'd say Falkirk and St Mirren are similar sized clubs.

You know we're back in the Championship/first division when there's a debate on who out of Saints and Falkirk is the bigger club.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly need to be optimistic supporting all of those teams ;):lol:

Seriously though.. Rangers AND Dumbarton? Surely Dumbarton should be your big team.

Dumbarton are most definitely my big team, no other comes close, I've supported them for best part of 45 years

Murray will be getting pelters tomorrow me thinks, I reckon a good away support tomorrow, aggy will probably be cheered

Why would Murray get pelters? We wouldn't be in the position we're in if he didn't take up the challenge. Lesser men would have baulked at taking charge of a club who were more or less relegated before Christmas.

Murray will be getting pelters tomorrow me thinks, I reckon a good away support tomorrow, aggy will probably be cheered

I think no reaction would be the best. We are grateful for what he done here, but he's chose to move on. Also with the rumours flying about him not being open with the board or whatever, it suggests he didn't really care about us in my opinion.

All for a chant of "one ian Murray" as gibson smashes home the winner in injury time....

Had a wee laugh when I saw the programme cover :lol: Fully expect Aggy to be on it for the next game as well, if not then you've let us down!

Match-Day-Magazine-02-2015-2016-213x300.

He is a hunk :wub: . It just happens to be Dumbarton are our first opponents at home this season. Don't think its a pop at your club, he would have been on the front cover against any team.

StMirren TV kicks off tomorrow. Showing the games live for people abroad. I think its £6 a day or £69 for the season. Might be useful for Dumbarton fans who are in foreign countries.

Why would Murray get pelters? We wouldn't be in the position we're in if he didn't take up the challenge. Lesser men would have baulked at taking charge of a club who were more or less relegated before Christmas.

Whilst I don't think Murray should get pelters and I'm happy to admit he done a great job lets not pretend he was some sort of great guy for taking the little old Dumbarton job on.

He applied and we took a big gamble by appointing someone with ZERO managerial experience who was also younger than a number of our players. Thankfully the gamble paid off for both of us but we owe him no more than he owes us.

Erm, I have a friend, who lives in London. Would st mirren TV be accessible in anyway if you could skew the IP address similar to the way you can watch American Netflix, so that it looks like I'm out of the UK.

My friend would be over the moon if he could watch saints home games live!

Murray done a great job for us, and was rightly adored by us,and thankfully the gamble did work, but according to the rumour mill, he was less than complimentary about the board that took that same gamble on him, and that he wouldn't be raiding Dumbarton for players, yet did so in aggy, and in trying to get Fleming, I just think we should give him a bit of stick, considering he's our ex manager, shows wee stee our support

Full squad to choose from for Aitken, Barr back after his knock that kept him out last week. will be interesting to see who he goes with. I think it's incredibly harsh to drop anyone after last week but I wonder again if pace could be our undoing at the back. Taggart was the only one with any pace in our back 4 last week and St Mirren look to have plenty of it. I wonder if Waters might be the better option at left back? I have a feeling Barr may come straight back in too, Graham had a good game last week but arguably played a part in the goal we lost. As I said, it would be harsh on him though.

We know Murray likes to play with a narrow midfield so I think our midfield 5, especially the centre 3 of Gallagher, Routledge and Fleming, could work well in stopping creative players like Agnew having too much time on the ball. Good few Buddies in my work feeling pretty optimistic and Murray will be very determined to get his first win against his old club.

As a side note, I see bet365 have us at 7/1 to win here. The same price we were last week...

Arguably?

Archived