The Apprentice 2015

The Minertaur

I would like to see next series with two teams that remain together throughout, one full of business c***s like usual and one team of total randoms whose prize if they win is like £25k or something. I reckon it would be close.

The Apprentice meets Eggheads.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standard this year has been shocking. At the start, I would have gone for Scott and Joseph as the final two, but Scott chucked it halfway through and the more I think about it, the less surprised I am that he left. Vana and Joseph as the last two for me I reckon. Sugar clearly has a hard-on for Joseph so I see him winning bar an absolutely dreadful business plan. I have absolutely no idea how Charleine has lasted this long, but she will surely be torn to shreds in the interviews next week. Been hoping Richard made it this far because him in the interviews promises to be absolutely cracking entertainment.

I can't remember what happened in previous years, does it go to the final two after the interviews or are there another couple of weeks after that?

Both concepts were OK but we're very poorly executed. To be fair to the teams developing a product like that in a day with no real knowledge of food production must be very, very difficult. Going into a presentation with a product that has claims scored out is a minter. The team that produced the superfood bar also had no idea about the actual benefit of what they produced.

In terms of the firing I think Sugar obviously thinks of the overall picture at this stage and looks to business plans as well, even if it's not mentioned. I don't think Gary has been very noticeable in the series and was surprised he didn't knock him out. I think they might've kept the Welsh lassie in because she's looked on the verge of a meltdown for a couple of episodes and it'll make good telly, I'm sad to say.

I thought both project managers brought the wrong person back in, and Charleine was the person who should have gone. Her team failed because she created a terrible product. Gary failed to sell any, but that wasn't because of the quality of his pitch. He seemed constructive throughout the task.

Brett's team failed because Vana went mad with the olive oil. Richard's branding needed some tweaking, but that was all. If the product had been good then I could've seen an order being placed, with the caveat that the branding needed to be changed. Sugar zoned in on Richard, unfairly IMO, so I can see why Brett brought him back. It was the obvious choice in the circumstances, albeit wrong. Fair play to Brett though that he refused to turn on Richard.

Brett's pitch to Virgin Active was comically bad, so I can see why he got fired. I'd have loved to see him bullshit his way through the interviews next week, but Charleine should still provide some good entertainment. I look forward to seeing what words she can invent and what creative sentence structure she employs this time.

Someone posted the odds earlier and I was surprised Joseph was the favourite. From what we've seen I'd have ranked the two frontrunners as Richard and Vana, with Gary behind them and Charleine and Joseph making up the numbers. I wonder if Joseph has a killer business plan and ends up winning, with those with insider knowledge causing the shortening of his odds?

I'd tend to agree that Brett brought the wrong one back in but he was only doing what Sugar effectively told him to do. Clearly he wanted a chance to have a right go at Richard. I disagree about Charleine. I'd have brought Gary in over Joseph.

Thought overall Charleine should definitely have gone and I'd have binned Gary before Brett too. I presume however that by now he's at least partly weighting the decision on the business plans.

The superfood bar thing was atrocious. It wasn't a bar and it didn't work. Charleine got everything wrong she possibly could have then burst into tears and ran away in the Boardroom. How on earth she survived is beyond me. No idea why Karen felt the need to influence Sugar with the "She works really hard" line. Have the others been sat on their hands for the last 10 weeks? They all work hard, that's not the point.

Like others I thought the dehydrated vegetable idea wasn't bad and Richard's packaging was quite good too. Whether it should have had the word "raw" in there is pretty moot. It could easily be added before production. The actual brand looked not that bad. The main problem was the amount of oil which was Vana's fault. That's why for me she'd have been the one in the Boardroom.

I've not seen anything particularly bright or clever from Gary despite his constant reminders that he spent a long time working for Tesco. He obviously did something right in the discount shop task but it must have been mostly off camera because he did little when on camera. I wouldn't disagree with odds that see he and Charleine as the long shots. Joseph, despite the ridiculous 'tache has been a consistently good performer. Rchard has won too often for it to be a fluke and generally gets things right even if he's an arse. Vana has grown on me a bit over the last few weeks after starting like a typical brash American. Clearly it comes down to the business plans but for me I'd say the odds are about right at the moment.

Always find these later shows a bit of a lottery because it's now clearly all about the business plans. Which is quite annoying. In previous years I'm sure a couple of folk I thought were really strong turned out to have pish ideas, so were never going to win despite doing well during the process. It's the downside to them entering a 50/50 partnership rather than getting a job. But anyone who did get a job quickly quit as they realised working under Al is fucking brutal.

The interviews themselves are always decent though.

Archived