Peterhead vs Airdrie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather be in with a chance of a crack at the 1st division at the end of the season than playing good football with a couple of nonentities using OUR club for a wee shot at being a football manager because they're pally with our new owner. Bollan has came good the second half of every season, we are in a decent position so far to kick on the 2nd half of the season and compete in the play offs.

If we play the football we've been playing the last three weeks there's not a chance we'll go up.

King or Wolecki-Black? Neither are particularly awe inspiring, but having one or both of them in charge will mean the team will get the ball on the deck rather than punting it up to a striker with no aerial ability.

So....you're actually advocating a journalist or a youth coach to take the reigns to improve on what we've got?

Heads gone.

Genuinely don't get the Bollan out thing. He's a decent enough manager and has done better than the two previous incumbents.

Lets look a little deeper into the issue....we've had an ever decreasing budget for the last few years.

We've now got a new chairman who's promising a lot but obviously is not backing the manager as he wants his own men in. Pressure will inevitably build on Bollan but it's clearly more political than the simplistic shit posted on here. By all means back the new regime if you want but don't blame the manager for the shite we're served up. His hands were pretty much tied.

Don’t tell me what games I have or haven’t been to.

We don’t play good football, we never have aside from a season with the Spaniards. Playing good football is not in the brief of an Airdrie manager. Making the play off is, and we are on course to do so. You don’t sack a manager because the team hasn’t played well for “6 weeks”.

I don’t care if he squared up to a fan either, I would highly doubt he picked on some random bystander- don’t dish it out if you don’t want to take it back.

Yep. Have you seen any team which plays scintillating football at this level? it's a poor standard.

He's had some shite signings and some good ones. Much better than Black or Boyle. Would love to hear some names mentioned as his replacement. I'll fucking laugh my arse off if the sack brigade get what they want only for a Daily Record journo to take over as our manager....I actually would not laugh. I'd just not go.

I'd rather be in with a chance of a crack at the 1st division at the end of the season than playing good football with a couple of nonentities using OUR club for a wee shot at being a football manager because they're pally with our new owner. Bollan has came good the second half of every season, we are in a decent position so far to kick on the 2nd half of the season and compete in the play offs.

All of this is correct.

There's a reason why Wolecki - Black hasn't been in charge of a first team in 10 years and why Iain King has never managed at a decent level.

Today was a disappointing result and you don't have to be Bollan's biggest fan but come on to f**k. Some of the stuff being said on here and elsewhere is outrageous.

So....you're actually advocating a journalist or a youth coach to take the reigns to improve on what we've got?

Heads gone.

Anything has to be better than what's been served up the last few weeks.

Fortunately I doubt it will come to King or EWB taking the reigns. I'd like to hope Wotherspoon has the sense not to take that decision. Just as long as it's not Failure Ferguson from up Broadwood way.

Problem is, the way we have been playing, we're only going in the one direction. We're only 6 points better off than Cowdenbeath in second bottom. Who would have predicted that at the start of the season. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Rovers beat us next week either.

It's pretty tough to get sacked in this league with the play-offs existing, as unless you have an abysmal run of form you are going to be within touching distance of the play-offs which for most clubs is the aim, and therefore be given the benefit of the doubt. Look at Roberts at Ayr last season who had to lose something like 10 games in a row to get sacked. Booth at Stenny didn't get punted until February despite them being rank all season. Even Jefferies at Dunfermline didn't 'resign' until around Christmas despite probably their worst season in living memory and expecting to win the league.

Based on that, even discussing whether Bollan might get sacked whilst sitting 4th in the league, in October, is crazy. We aren't going to win the league so 4th is the aim anyway. The difference a new manager would make would be negligible , money that would be used (and that we don't have) to pay up his contract would be better spent getting a few players in.

What is clear is that we will see much more of a 'f**k it' attitude this season from Bollan towards picking fights with players and fans as he knows that unless he makes and then wins the play-offs he's probably not going to be here next year. And as I've pointed out before, we'll barely see any youth players getting a game as there's no reason for him to care about developing them when he's not going to be here.

I think Bollan is a great manager and will produce the goods by the end of the season. What i can never understand however is his apparent 'blindness' when it comes to the strikers. Last season we started with Parker who everyone could see was never going to get the goals. This season we have Morgan who will be lucky to hit five for the season.

I am genuinely mystified by this as he is obviously a guy with real ambition. This is not al to do with money!

Crazy that Airdrie, who could surely have expected 2nd/3rd at best before a ball was kicked, can want Bollan out while sitting 4th in the table. A ridiculous reaction to a defeat and what's a new manager going to do better?

Exactly this! People need to calm the f*ck down, if anyone thinks we were ever gonna do better than 3rd or 4th this season then they need to gain a bit of perspective on where the club now is

Bollan won't be sacked but he won't be the manager once his contract runs out. Hes never been the new chairman's choice.

Finishing mid-table might not be the worst thing for Airdrie this year, its too early for them to get promoted in the new regime and you'll have an easier league next year, Dunfermline going up and probably Alloa coming down.

Wasn't much of a game yesterday, we just about edged it I think. Airdrie should have had a pen in the first half though, looked a stone waller to me.

Yes, could have been a pen and a red card but disagree "you just about edged it". Thought Peterhead were vastly superior, especially in midfield.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a source, has been unable to back any other claims up with facts this season

Absolutely in denial. If any of us get a word from a player we're not going to plaster it on here. I dont know the poster above but I do know 3 other current players and a few in near past who are saying the same things.

Archived