Rangers vs Morton, 12th December

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point he's making was when the bottle incident came up, no Rangers fan came out and said "Really? That's stupidly dangerous if so and hopefully they find the culprit and have them face consequences". Instead we got oh well is there proof or what about some Morton fans standing on seats and ho hum.

No outright condemnation. It takes only a bit of lateral thinking to jump straight to equating that with condoning chucking a bottle with intent to injure but none of you have focused on the matter of someone that needs banned from football grounds, potentially jailed and a large fine going their way.

I think the point he's making was when the bottle incident came up, no Rangers fan came out and said "Really? That's stupidly dangerous if so and hopefully they find the culprit and have them face consequences". Instead we got oh well is there proof or what about some Morton fans standing on seats and ho hum.

No outright condemnation. It takes only a bit of lateral thinking to jump straight to equating that with condoning chucking a bottle with intent to injure but none of you have focused on the matter of someone that needs banned from football grounds, potentially jailed and a large fine going their way.

They never do though. They never apologise for anything, normally its deflect mode, oh the other mob across the city arse worse ect.

I actually said that throwing a bottle at a child would be considered scumbaggery

If you'd said that in your first reply to the incident then it would have saved a lot of bother, rather than waiting until I'd exposed your whataboutery. I still say you only brought up the Morton fan getting lifted because someone was having a go at whichever Rangers fan threw the bottle, otherwise you would never have mentioned it.

In any case I don't think anyone tried to hit a child with the bottle, it was more just being aimed at the Morton fans in general. Still a reprehensible act nevertheless.

Where to start, you really should have just let it pass.
You claimed I 'equated someone jumping up and down on a seat with someone throwing a bottle' total shite 1
I did not equate anything, I said the bottle incident may well have happened, I did point out another separate incident where one of your fans acted the arsehole and pushed a steward who was just doing his job and was ejected by plod.
You claimed I 'seemed more than happy to brush off as incidental an incident that could've led to a serious injury.' total shite 2
I actually said that throwing a bottle at a child would be considered scumbaggery, if this is what you describe as 'brushing it off' then you 'should go take a long hard look at yourself'

You mentioned the bottle-throwing incident and then went straight on to mention the fan jumping on the seat and pushing a steward. You made no comment on either incident. Like it or not, therefore, you quite clearly implied that one was pretty much equivalent to the other. There's no getting away from that and it's surprising that you are even trying to do so.

As for, ahem, "total shite 2", see above.

And yes, you did condemn bottle-throwing.

Eventually.

When you basically little other option.

As I said, go take a long hard look at yourself.

And by the way, like it or not Monkey Tennis hits the nail on the head.

But not with a bottle.

True, but it's not even that.

Tedi didn't throw a bottle and never would. I therefore see no need for him to leap to the condemnation of he who did.

He could just say nothing.

He doesn't though. Instead he pipes up to cast doubt on it even happening, before highlighting an instance of poor, but not remotely comparable behaviour from a Morton fan.

A poor show, that as I said, is actually pretty depressing.

If I wanted to imply something maybe did not happen then I would simply say 'maybe that didn't happen' paranoid much?

Oh great troller of every Rangers thread, if that had been the other way around and a Rangers fan had been taken away by plod for pushing a steward about then you would be one of the first on here pointing it out.

The rest of your post is utter waffle, but never mind it is a Rangers thread and no Rangers thread would ever be complete without monkey looking for an opening to troll the f**k out of it, you really are a tedious and very predictable bumpkin.

That's fine Ted.

I know that you're in trouble and know it, when you resort to the 'bumpkin' rubbish.

What a fool you've made of yourself here.

The bottle , amongst other things hurtled by just in front of me. Utter scum , mindless act which could have had very serious consequences. The majority, yes majority of The Rangers "fans" spent most of the game preoccupied with us real fans, knuckledraggers indeed.

Did I say that? nope looks like I did not.

Raising your hand at a guy who is just trying to do his job is arsehole behavior, try to read the whole post in future.

A steward at ibrox trying to do his job :lol: .Wake up son.

Well done Morton every other teams supporters in Scotland salute you.

Well maybe no St.mirren.

The only team that dropped points yesterday was Morton. If not for a lack of concentration after scoring, we would have won, since Rangers created next to f**k all of any real note.

If you have lots of possession and don't create much, it doesn't make you very good. Just means you were allowed to have a lot of possession.

As for supporters, Rangers supporters have been bombarding opposition supports with objects for years. The so called decent ones would rather just see this continue than address it. None of this is news.

The only team that dropped points yesterday was Morton. If not for a lack of concentration after scoring, we would have won, since Rangers created next to f**k all of any real note.

If you have lots of possession and don't create much, it doesn't make you very good. Just means you were allowed to have a lot of possession.

As for supporters, Rangers supporters have been bombarding opposition supports with objects for years. The so called decent ones would rather just see this continue than address it. None of this is news.

No, it's nonsense (to put it politely).

I did not see the bottle thing, although I guess these things are over in the blink of an eye, so it may well have happened.

I did see a middle aged Morton fan jumping up and down on 1 of the seats after the Tav OG, he pushed a steward who I guess was telling him to get down and was then swiftly removed by plod, there are arseholes in every support.

My general impression was that Morton brought a very large noisy support, which is always good.

This happened directly in front of me, did you also see the steward push the Morton fan first?

Did I say that? nope looks like I did not.

Raising your hand at a guy who is just trying to do his job is arsehole behavior, try to read the whole post in future.

again you are simply reading what you want to, not what is actually there. jumping up and down on a seat is one thing, raising your hands to someone who is just trying to do their job is quite another, this is where plod correctly intervened.

If the guy was "Just trying to do his job" why did the female steward who was there at the time take some information from another Morton fan standing in front of me as she had made a formal complaint to the police regarding the way the guy that was just trying to do his job had behaved?

I do not condone the reaction of the Morton fan and think that he was quite rightly ejected.

What part is nonsense? What makes you describe it as such?

All of it is nonsense. Its falseness makes me describe it as such.

I've discussed the game above. As for the suggestion that Rangers fans in general want to see opposition fans "bombarded with objects", it is either trolling or just idiocy.

All of it is nonsense. Its falseness makes me describe it as such.

I've discussed the game above. As for the suggestion that Rangers fans in general want to see opposition fans "bombarded with objects", it is either trolling or just idiocy.

And yet, that wasn't actually said.

The comment was that fans would rather see it continue, than have it addressed.

Contentious perhaps, but the evidence on this thread would suggest that it's not wildly wide of the mark.

Archived