P&B Relationship Advice Thread

I've been living (unmarried though) for 11 years with the OH. We have separate accounts and are both happy with that - makes things much easier and when we need to buy something we both just put in half the cash.

Don't get why you need a joint account really - what I earn I can choose to spend as I like and he does likewise.

This, although I don't think Throbber's idea of also having a joint account where you pay in money for bills is a terrible idea. But just having a single joint account is an atrocious way to operate.

Monster i love this sort of thing, loved shopping for stuff for my flat when i first moved in and these little things matter. Bevelled edges are probably safer.

You loved shopping for stuff for your flat, aye? Fridge, beer for fridge, big telly, armchair, that sort of thing? Or was it throw pillows to ease the thrush around your clunge?

Round edges increase your chances of survival when you pass out drunk and smash your head off the edge.

The downside to that is that round edges increase your chances of survival when you pass out drunk and smash your head off the edge.

We (she) chose beveled. This must mean that she is subliminally suggesting I am a beast or she's waiting for me to pass out drunk and collect the life insurance. :unsure2:

2 hours? I was an hour looking, but wait until it gets to the design and paperwork stage. 2 and a bit hours design, and an hour and half on fucking paperwork!!!!

It always cheers me up knowing there are others in a leakier boat. :lol:

I trust you'll be contacting your ol' pal for a quote...

I'd love it if clients were as quick as that making a choice on a kitchen. More often than not my clients take umpteen showroom visits, a hundred emails and half a dozen 3D designs and quote changes before finally deciding.

I had no idea kitchens were part of your business, I thought it was renovations.

Monster you clearly have no pride in the place you live if you don't want to go shopping for items for it.

Either that, or i'm happy enough to let the wife have her way. I have the basics I want: a quality armchair, a well stocked fridge and a shitload of trainers.

Primarily building contractors, but we also design, supply and install kitchens. Have a showroom in the west end.

I had no idea.

Get Kevin Hart in from the Wedding Ringer movie, he'll sort you right out

Rather than tell my girlfriend that my fear is actually of the wedding/pre wedding i just tell her its because I'm not sure i want to marry her to keep her on her toes.

Rather than tell my girlfriend that my fear is actually of the wedding/pre wedding i just tell her its because I'm not sure i want to marry her to keep her on her toes.

If only there was someone on the thread that was married who could counsel you.

I am too afraid to ask my Mrs to marry me because I don't know who I would have as a best man and am scared of being blackened.

Start a new thread; put it to the vote. P&B has you covered.

What do you mean by 'blackened', by the way? Judging by some of the videos I've seen online, you should be more worried about your missus being 'blackened' on her hen night.

(I think that's what they called it, anyway)