P&B Relationship Advice Thread

So did the op go through with it?

Yes, she lost her scarf the morning before I presented her with her new, better one so I got some bonus serendipitous brownie points for that. She bought me a Scrabble set which was a bit weird but I liked it.

I don't know about Dundee life expectancy, but in Glasgow it reportedly varies from 53 to 82 depending on the area you live in. Which would mean I'm not far off middle-aged at 31.

Doesn't matter in Glasgow. When you die you get to come back and carry on as before.

My own girlfriend has been putting a bit of weight on too.

The weight doesn't really annoy me as I'm only 99% perfect myself but what does annoy me is her constant moaning about it and "gym starts tomorrow" type posts on Facebook only for me to go in from work to find her lying in bed with an empty 6 pack of Cream Eggs next to the bed.

Luckily we've been together long enough that's it's just a case of mentioning this to her or laughing at her woe-is-me comments. Doesn't change anything but let's me feel I've got my point across.

Well Throbber you know what they say...

A single girl sees what's in the fridge and heads to bed - an attached girl sees what's in the bed and heads to the fridge!

Being serious tho, is it just a wee bit or a lot? might be a whole load of reasons causing it - stress etc. Even the fact it's been dark nights due to winter, some folk tend to eat "stodgier" stuff during the winter and less likely to go out walking and running if it's dark and cold. Why not cook some healthy meals for you both and suggest doing some exercise together - a swim or gym session something like that?!

Edited by Redhead81

She is a thin framed person and all the weight has gone in her belly and it looks pretty disgusting if I'm honest, the weight is disproportional as she doesn't have a fat face, legs, arms etc like some ladies so it looks pretty weird.

I like to drink but i eat pretty healthy and don't put on much weight either way and can keep on top of it, she doesn't drink as much but will go through about 5 packs of crisps no bother at all and its starting to annoy me now. I never snack after my dinner apart from drinking, she will have a fairly large dinner then eat crisps and chocolate etc. Its best just to be harsh and say she is fat and i am thinking of upgrading to a younger girlfriend with a bit more intelligence.

I answered some of this above redhead - we eat healthy dinners all the time and go running 4 times a week (occasionally less as the weather can be a factor but we do stick quite well to it) plus she walks to and from work which is a fair effort so I'm not sure what contributes to the fat. Its not a lot no, if she cut out the crisps and everything unhealthy for about a month it would be all gone. Its not so much the weight its just the flabbiness at the belly, i doubt the weight will have gone up that much.

throbber I think you should tell your girlfriend that you are sharing this on a football forum. It might solve the issue.

I have been cruel enough to her for one day! People are quick to tease me when I put on weight but there seems to be some unwritten rule that you can't have a joke with a woman about it.

This lassie must be dirty as anything, Throbs. You don't seem to like her too much.

If so, I'm sure there are plenty of P&Bers you could introduce her to, if you want shot without too much drama :P

Guest The Phoenix

Throbber is the worlds worst poster on any forum ever.

TBF you are only 15 posts in, so it's a bit early to judge what heights you can reach.