P&B Relationship Advice Thread

On Sunday I had to spend TWO HOURS shopping for a new kitchen, including a fifteen minute discussion* about whether the new worktops should have round or beveled edges.

Where did it all go wrong? :bairn

*if you can call me repeatedly stating 'I don't give a f**k' in a monotone basis for a discussion

Round edges increase your chances of survival when you pass out drunk and smash your head off the edge.

The downside to that is that round edges increase your chances of survival when you pass out drunk and smash your head off the edge.

On Sunday I had to spend TWO HOURS shopping for a new kitchen, including a fifteen minute discussion* about whether the new worktops should have round or beveled edges.

*if you can call me repeatedly stating 'I don't give a f**k' in a monotone basis for a discussion

2 hours? I was an hour looking, but wait until it gets to the design and paperwork stage. 2 and a bit hours design, and an hour and half on fucking paperwork!!!!

Round, no discussion necessary.

We were both pretty healthy all along but too often drank and she had crisps and we skipped a few exercises so its easy to fall out of shape. The past month has been much better diet and exercise wise but we have still gone a bit wild at weekends. No upgrade as of yet, its too much hassle tbh.

I couldn't handle going out with a religious girl at all, Sundays are for drinking.

And on the seventh day, God went to Wotherspoon, got rat-arsed and had a kebab on the way home to heaven.

When it's stuff for the home you can't let the woman run wild otherwise you will get shite you don't want. Clothes shopping is another matter though.

Better shite you don't want than constant whinging about "I wanted such and such but he didn't" style remarks for the next 20 years.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Better shite you don't want than constant whinging about "I wanted such and such but he didn't" style remarks for the next 20 years.

I'm actually the worse for that - we were in home base buying a plant and I wanted one and she wanted the other and we ended up flipping a coin to decide. I won but yet she moaned about it so got her one instead. It never blossomed at all and we are about to bin it two years later but I constantly mentioned how disappointed I was in the plant, pretty much the same way my father would tell me how much of a failure I was when growing up.

I trust you'll be contacting your ol' pal for a quote...

2 hours? I was an hour looking, but wait until it gets to the design and paperwork stage. 2 and a bit hours design, and an hour and half on fucking paperwork!!!!

I'd love it if clients were as quick as that making a choice on a kitchen. More often than not my clients take umpteen showroom visits, a hundred emails and half a dozen 3D designs and quote changes before finally deciding.

I trust you'll be contacting your ol' pal for a quote...

I'd love it if clients were as quick as that making a choice on a kitchen. More often than not my clients take umpteen showroom visits, a hundred emails and half a dozen 3D designs and quote changes before finally deciding.

That's my experience. We'd probably dick you about for a while, then buy the cabinets from you but just get the appliances online. We (I say we, but really I mean the wife) also messed a couple of other companies about and had them do designs and quotes for no sale.

When it's stuff for the home you can't let the woman run wild otherwise you will get shite you don't want. Clothes shopping is another matter though.

The worst thing you can do when you get hitched is have a joint bank account. Then you end up having to be involved in joint decisions and joint shopping expeditions, or be in danger of all your hard earned cash being spent on crap you don't want.

I resisted that temptation to have a joint account.

I am no longer married.

Possibly a moral to the tale there.

I am, however, happy with the outcome.

I've been living (unmarried though) for 11 years with the OH. We have separate accounts and are both happy with that - makes things much easier and when we need to buy something we both just put in half the cash.

Don't get why you need a joint account really - what I earn I can choose to spend as I like and he does likewise.

We were talking about getting a joint account for the bills that we would pay half each into and then keep our current accounts separate. My Mrs is quite good with money, she wouldn't buy something without telling me i don't think so this somewhat makes up for her being fat but not entirely.

We were talking about getting a joint account for the bills that we would pay half each into and then keep our current accounts separate. My Mrs is quite good with money, she wouldn't buy something without telling me i don't think so this somewhat makes up for her being fat but not entirely.

But why not just have one joint account instead of one joint account and two separate current accounts? Surely easier to manage?

Bit like having 3 beds, one for sex and 2 others for sleeping!

Edited by hk blues

I might be way off base here but when we talk about our future financing we say we will open a joint account where we each pay a half of the bills plus a little bit more for savings etc and perhaps money for our food shopping and the money we keep in our current accounts will be for ourselves. Right now she pays the bills whilst i lay about, post on here, play playstation and occasionally go to uni.