Dundee United v Motherwell

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I left after the second goal and will make no apologies for it. Though I'm far more angry at the manager than the players.

This raises the bigger issue that has been discussed on various threads before; how does a fan go about registering his/her displeasure with a situation? There are very few options in truth; I'd rather walk out than stand around booing.

I tend to blame the players just as much. The lack of leadership in the situation is shocking. The players need to be asking themselves serious questions. I mean how many of these guys would be up for a promotion fight next season?

I tend to blame the players just as much. The lack of leadership in the situation is shocking. The players need to be asking themselves serious questions. I mean how many of these guys would be up for a promotion fight next season?

I'm not saying the players are blameless, but the bulk of the problem is Mixu. I was through at Hamilton on Saturday and couldn't believe that Demel got 90 minutes. For him to start last night together with two further defensive midfielders in a home game that we should be going out to win against a team who hadn't been doing well was ridiculous.

Gunning and Dillon at the 3rd goal, utter and complete shitebags. Well taken by McD, though.

We've given away so many goals this season that were similar - long range efforts that look fantastic but where the player has about 10 minutes to pick their spot - just look at how much room McDonald got in the lead up to the goal...

I'm not saying the players are blameless, but the bulk of the problem is Mixu. I was through at Hamilton on Saturday and couldn't believe that Demel got 90 minutes. For him to start last night together with two further defensive midfielders in a home game that we should be going out to win against a team who hadn't been doing well was ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more.

The bringing back of Gunning by Mixu is another black mark on his card, as alluded to in the posts above.

For the the third goal, its just a shame that we didnt have any previous warnings of a strike from 20 yards un-opposed.

Oh yeah, apart from the one about 30 seconds fucking previous to it which Kawa tipped around the post!

Well that's your opinion but I disagree. The likes of Billy McKay, Blair Spittal, John Rankin, Gavin Gunning even, as well as Dow are all either every bit as good as our best players, or slightly better and all of them would improve our current team.

Let's not forget this, btw. It seems important we don't forget this.

At 1-0 Gunning was right up for it, second goes in and he gives up. That's why we should have never re-signed him. Potentially a decent defender but a self-absorbed twat most of the time.

Best bit of the highlights was him going tits mental at Spittal for hitting the bar with that open goal header.

Based on the BBC's highlights (which aren't always impartial), I thought United looked a bit unlucky at times last night and had some decent chances to get back into the game; however it doesn't look like Mixu is any more adept than his predecessor at addressing defensive inadequacies.

When you take into account the points deficit since Mixu took over, and the presumably considerable expense incurred by his questionable recruitment policy, he's been an unmitigated disaster for United so far. I presume Erskine has been frozen out completely after signing his PCA which I can understand but he was one of United's more prominent and likelier attacking threats in the first half of the season from what I could see.

Still time to turn it around but it's a big gap to overhaul. I suspect that if we can beat United at Firhill, it would take a huge collapse from us and a similarly sized upturn in form for United for Thistle to be in contention for bottom spot. Who finishes in the play-off is anybody's guess at this moment, can't recall a league as congested for a long time.

Best bit of the highlights was him going tits mental at Spittal for hitting the bar with that open goal header.

Aye. He was also barking out orders and trying the motivate the other players, up until his part in the second goal, at which point he lit a cigar and text Davie Mertin to stick a grand on Motherwell minus two.

Archived