Dundee United v Motherwell

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few poor performances tonight - Dixon, Spittal and McKay.

One appalling one - Demel, again.

Donaldson, Murray and Rankin all played well.

The big issue, of course, was the team selection. It beggars belief that we started with Paton, Rankin and Demel. It's an insult to the people going along and paying their money. I defended Mixu when others were criticising him, but he's obviously clueless.

I'm not concerned by either the result or the impact of the result because I've not deluded myself that we have any chance of Premiership survival. I just hope this makes clear to Stephen Thompson that when we start the rebuilding process next season that someone other than Mixu must be in charge of the process.

The big issue, of course, was the team selection. It beggars belief that we started with Paton, Rankin and Demel. It's an insult to the people going along and paying their money. I defended Mixu when others were criticising him, but he's obviously clueless.

I'm not concerned by either the result or the impact of the result because I've not deluded myself that we have any chance of Premiership survival. I just hope this makes clear to Stephen Thompson that when we start the rebuilding process next season that someone other than Mixu must be in charge of the process.

Another jumping on the Dillon for manager bandwagon . Good man.

Another jumping on the Dillon for manager bandwagon . Good man.

If Dillon took his captaincy abilities into a managerial role we'd probably finish the season with less points than we have at the moment.

Murray was shite as well. Great effort but no discernible football ability. Agree about Donaldson though. Build the team around him for our assault on the Petrofac next season.

Well that was unexpected.

Feared the worse when I saw the team but fair play to McGhee, it wasn't pretty but he matched up with United and basically suffocated the game and ground out a much needed 3 points. A lot of the credit must also go to Mixu to be fair, who proceeded to oversee(and presumably encouraged?) the constant punting of high balls towards McKay and Murray who were up against Motherwell's three 6''2 plus centre backs. Tremendous stuff, made McManus look like fucking Franco Baresi tonight.

1st half was dire, one moment of quality came from the left boot of Faddy. Great ball, good header by McManus and it was vital we got the 1st goal tonight. Even better that it was right before half time. Second half United fluffed several good chances, McDonald buried both of his. That was the difference really.

Said after Saturday that a few of the senior pro's needed to step and to be fair to them they all did tonight, both McDonald and McManus in particular were superb. Wasn't convinced at the prospect of Cadden and Johnson as wing backs but both were very good tonight. Whole team was solid enough and were as good as we needed to be to beat a desperately poor United team.

Three goals, clean sheet a much needed three points and now up to 8th in the table. That'll do Mark, that'll do.

Murray was shite as well. Great effort but no discernible football ability. Agree about Donaldson though. Build the team around him for our assault on the Petrofac next season.

No he wasn't. He was making the best of a bad thing. Imagine playing two men up front then having a team that provides them with f**k all service.

No he wasn't. He was making the best of a bad thing. Imagine playing two men up front then having a team that provides them with f**k all service.

He's not good enough. That amateur fresh air effort in the second half being a case in point. I'd still have in the team because he runs about, which is about all we can ask for these days, but you're kidding yourself if you think he's anything other than a lower league player. Might do a job for us if we do a Dunfermline.

Well my prediction of an easy on the eye game of football came true. Both teams were pretty brutal tbh. We scored practically our only chance of the first half.

No idea how utd didn't equalise, 3 goalmouth stramashes and they just couldn't bundle it over the line. We took our other goals well.

Ref had a decent game imo. Not many niggly fouls, but generally called it right.

Thought McManus McDonald and cadden were our best players, with faddy providing the only quality on the pitch. Gomis got stuck into the midfield battle pretty well. Let's be honest tho, it wasn't pretty.

Props to the ginger lad Murray, never seen anyone play a forward/ball boy role with such enthusiasm.

Archived