charity shops

philpy

My mums family are all from Dumfries, as a kid one of my favourite shops was the wee second hand book shop at the bottom of the steeple in the middle of the high street - used to love a rummage around there for books. Do you know the one I mean?

Fraid not. There used to be a second hand book shop across from the RBS but it, along with the bank, are now shut. There might still be a shop in the Midsteeple but if there is it's hardly ever open.

Amazes me the number of charity shops that still try to sell videos.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sold at discogs/eBay market value so depends if people think it's worth going along for when they could sit on their and get it delivered.

Thing is you can at least see it first hand rather than have the hassle of buying something which doesn't match the description.

I've noticed that too. Does anyone still actually own a VCR? *

* That's not up in the loft or in the garage.

My parents still have one (the last one I had) but I dunno when they last used it. It's still hooked up to a TV but it's a set that's rarely on.

Me and someone at work wondered if hipsters still use videos and VCRs just like they prefer vinyl.

I've been lucky enough to replace some of the books I lost, thanks to the British Heart Foundation shop.

Will be looking for other books when I get back to our proper house rather than this holiday home.

Grimbo

I got resident evil 5 soon after it came out for a fiver while it was still over 40 quid in shops. There were another bunch of good games there but i didnt have much ccash with me.

Went back a couple of days later and the cases were still there but discs were gone.

Classy boys stealing from Charity shop

Charity shops smell of damp and death, I go into them a lot as the guys I work with enjoy looking in them and its torture, The ones I go into are shit.

Do you work for the council or are you private?

Grimbo

• 4 weeks later...

Was wondering recently what happened to my copy of this..

Picked up this copy today in Gorgie for 50p:

A30288C5-1752-4F0B-873F-19DA5E40ADB7_zps

You should have pushed the boat out and spent another 50p on a jumper like Alan Rough's there to listen to it in! #

Willie Miller looks stoned btw. Probably explains why he took out his own player against the USSR.

You should have pushed the boat out and spent another 50p on a jumper like Alan Rough's there to listen to it in! #

Willie Miller looks stoned btw. Probably explains why he took out his own player against the USSR.

I don't think anyone in Gorgie has finished with those jumpers yet - be a few years before they turn up in the charity shops.

Archived