Scottish Cup

willie82

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thistle look like my bet of the round, they were 1.91 (10/11) and still available at 1.83 (5/6) with Willies.

Also putting a smaller stake on Thistle -1.5 AH with 888Sport at 3.4 (12/5).

Falkirk losing 7-0 at Ross County worries me about them although they do seem in better nick now than they were. Both teams to score probably has a good chance at 1.8 with a few and 1.86 with 888Sport although I was hoping for a little better.

Do we honestly trust Motherwell to cover a -2 handicap? The Albion Rovers result a few season back is hard to forget. Cost me a six-fold. I am thinking Inverness -1 at evens would be a better bet but I want to know what kind of state the pitch is in at Forthbank before I plump for that one.

Anyone got any thoughts on East Kilbride? LTHV havent played since before Xmas although EK only seem to have played once since then too, 19/20 with Skybet.

Obviously performed well in teo games v Stennie last round but the weather was pretty poor in both matches. Only 1 point behind Spartans in Lowland League while LHTV are 4 points behind Spartans II in EOS League? Is Spartans II a reserve side? Or at least a second string of some sort?

If that's the case 1.95 is beginning to look pretty good to me.

EDIT: LHTV have played 6 games less than Spartans II so points diff inconsequential I suppose :unsure::unsure::unsure::(:(:(

Anyone got any thoughts on East Kilbride? LTHV havent played since before Xmas although EK only seem to have played once since then too, 19/20 with Skybet.

Obviously performed well in teo games v Stennie last round but the weather was pretty poor in both matches. Only 1 point behind Spartans in Lowland League while LHTV are 4 points behind Spartans II in EOS League? Is Spartans II a reserve side? Or at least a second string of some sort?

If that's the case 1.95 is beginning to look pretty good to me.

EDIT: LHTV have played 6 games less than Spartans II so points diff inconsequential I suppose :unsure::unsure::unsure::(:(:(

It's an interesting tie for sure.

Edit 2014/15 Scottish cup round 1 LTHV 0-1 EK

East of Scotland cup round 1 EK 1-2

With the English FA Cup you always have to be wary of team news, especially this year with a full EPL and Championship card only a few days after and most clubs having played at least 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Expect most sides to rest at least 5/6 players and some to change the full XI.

That can make things difficult. You still have to fancy the likes of Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool to progress at the first time of asking. The one I liked most was Tottenham who were 10/11 at home to Leicester at the weekend. Leicester will make XI changes and Tottenham will treat this much more seriously and have a stronger squad. I have missed the boat though big time though here. Pellegrini also tends to field a very strong XI in the Cups and Norwich will likely prioritise the league. Again City have a stronger squad anyway and 4/6 is a very good price IMO.

At present though it is all about the Scottish Cup for me and 4 matches with the focus mainly on the handicaps.

Large 4 fold at a fraction short of evens on Motherwell, Inverness, Celtic and Rangers

Single on Motherwell -2 21/20

Single on Inverness -1 Evens

Large Double on Rangers -1 and Celtic -1 at 11/10

Re the mention of the Albion Rovers defeat of Motherwell 2 years back, I recall getting on board some great early handicap prices with PP so can fully appreciate being wary, especially as generally I am not a regular players of handicap markets.

I also like Dundee v Falkirk BTTS but was hoping for a better price given any Dundee league match BTTS is generally at least very close to Evens.

With the English FA Cup you always have to be wary of team news, especially this year with a full EPL and Championship card only a few days after and most clubs having played at least 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Expect most sides to rest at least 5/6 players and some to change the full XI.

That can make things difficult. You still have to fancy the likes of Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool to progress at the first time of asking. The one I liked most was Tottenham who were 10/11 at home to Leicester at the weekend. Leicester will make XI changes and Tottenham will treat this much more seriously and have a stronger squad. I have missed the boat though big time though here. Pellegrini also tends to field a very strong XI in the Cups and Norwich will likely prioritise the league. Again City have a stronger squad anyway and 4/6 is a very good price IMO.

At present though it is all about the Scottish Cup for me and 4 matches with the focus mainly on the handicaps.

Large 4 fold at a fraction short of evens on Motherwell, Inverness, Celtic and Rangers

Single on Motherwell -2 21/20

Single on Inverness -1 Evens

Large Double on Rangers -1 and Celtic -1 at 11/10

Re the mention of the Albion Rovers defeat of Motherwell 2 years back, I recall getting on board some great early handicap prices with PP so can fully appreciate being wary, especially as generally I am not a regular players of handicap markets.

I also like Dundee v Falkirk BTTS but was hoping for a better price given any Dundee league match BTTS is generally at least very close to Evens.

Very close to my thinking there Venga1 I'll leave the four fold and still hmming and hahhing about Motherwell. Will probably miss the boat.

I'll be delighted if just Celtic let me down on those bets this weekend! Cannot see it though in spite of their form, our up turn in performance the last 2 weeks combined with the confirmed return of last years POY Wullie Gibson last night.

St Mirren v PARTICK THISTLE

Dunfermline v ROSS COUNTY

Hearts v ABERDEEN

Dundee v Falkirk - Draw at HT.

£5 -> £82.

Dundee to win from behind £5 -> £55.

The Midden v Thistle is on Friday night. Dunno if you knew that but it shouldn't burst your coupon anyway.

Probably prefer Rangers -2 at evens to Celtic -2 at 13/10 too

wouldnt go near celtic given their recent struggles, this could be a game that they play a second string etc and while they win, it could be by 2 at most

you'd expect rangers to score a barrowload, but again all it takes is a misfiring day and we only win by 2, seen that before

New article posted

http://www.pieandbovril.com/betting/123-scottish-football-tips-best-bets-8th-9th-10th-january-2016

Don't think I am going to be too adventurous this week but you never know what the rest of the day brings :)

Cup football is one of those weekends to largely avoid betting wise. Even the sure things over little return so it's good to see some of the posts looking to eek out a little value on here.

Small stakes for me. Probably have a few nibbles on Friday's game at St Mirren and see if I've got anything left to play with.

Cup football is one of those weekends to largely avoid betting wise. Even the sure things over little return so it's good to see some of the posts looking to eek out a little value on here.

Small stakes for me. Probably have a few nibbles on Friday's game at St Mirren and see if I've got anything left to play with.

Surely you'll be on Doolan FGS, AGS, to score 2+, Doolan AGS & Thistle win, Doolan to score in Nicos on Sauchiehall St after bagging a hattrick? ;)

Surely you'll be on Doolan FGS, AGS, to score 2+, Doolan AGS & Thistle win, Doolan to score in Nicos on Sauchiehall St after bagging a hattrick? ;)

Just waiting for the goalscorer market to open up on McBookie ;)

Archived