Scotrail

ScottR96

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

No doubt Stonehaven will have produced some recommendations however tonight's shitshow  is more about the can't do attitude that sums up Scotrail right now

Or perhaps a sober risk assessment eliminated the risk of the substantial consequences of an incident 

FLvxLOrXMAA3WdU.jpeg

Or perhaps a sober risk assessment eliminated the risk of the substantial consequences of an incident 
FLvxLOrXMAA3WdU.jpeg.741d36407ca0b989749e2385c337526a.jpeg
Kilwinnig apparently. Won't be trains on the Ayr / Largs lines for a good while going by that. Could have been deadly so for that alone the preventative action was justified, probably saved lives.

10 hours ago, sophia said:

I wouldn't expect anything at all on this thread from the usual blowhards and if there is it may not be much more than bluster.

@virginton @Todd_is_God et al would you like to take an early opportunity to comment?

A tree being blown onto the line at Kilwinning is not actually the smoking gun justification for shutting down every single line in the country south of Aberdeen on a 'just in case' basis, that people somehow think it is. 

This wagon-circling desperation to defend Scotrail's non-existent honour is no doubt related to their imminent transfer to government ownership. Which will no doubt lead to more absolute roasters like yourself defending patently dung service in the name of independence. 

Looking at the forth bridges weather report the gusts didn't exceed 65mph last night, the wind was also from a normal direction unlike Arwen and Malik.

Seems over kill to me.

That said Network rail might be playing catch up after Covid with cutting trees at risk of falling down, but more than that since the Glasgow to Edinburgh line became the star line in Scotrails portfolio they seem to have shat it. Maybe coincidence.

Things will be better when we have hydrogen trains running about.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Looking at the forth bridges weather report the gusts didn't exceed 65mph last night, the wind was also from a normal direction unlike Arwen and Malik.

Seems over kill to me.

That said Network rail might be playing catch up after Covid with cutting trees at risk of falling down, but more than that since the Glasgow to Edinburgh line became the star line in Scotrails portfolio they seem to have shat it. Maybe coincidence.

Things will be better when we have hydrogen trains running about.

I'm sure I remember reading recently that the route via Falkirk High is their only profitable line :unsure:

51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Where do you get the funds for investment in new trains, upgrades, etc.?

You need profits for reinvestment

An efficient transport infrastructure benefits the whole economy, not just people who buy train tickets.