Scotrail

ScottR96

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

It would only be a problem if your train didn't stop at Stirling and Perth. Don't know if any trains don't stop at both?

I'd already checked and they're the only stops between Glasgow and Dundee.

14 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

How doable is Stirling to Glasgow return on a saturday, Stirling to London for the Monday morning, London to Birmingham on the tuesday? Just asking for my mate. Do they have sleeper trains still?

You'll be fine Tony.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Scotrail have finally changed the date selection dialog back to a proper calendar in the app.  The app is still a bag of shite though.  The fact you still can't select between a departure or arrival time is ridiculous.

One of the worst things about the app, which is still not fixed, is that you no longer have an easy way to view your imminent booked train journey. On the old app they had an option for "Next Journey" which showed the time of the journey and the booking reference for pick up. This has gone in the new app and still hasn't been fixed.

Now you can only look at the tickets you've bought in the order you've purchased them so instead of having a nice easy way of seeing your ticket for your next journey you have to filter through multiple ticket purchases over weeks / months to find the one you are looking for.

It's absolutely insane that they thought that this was an improvement on the old app. It's just a wrap around of the website masquerading as an app.

• 1 month later...

Unfathomable pricing issues no 53678

Petershill were playing Kello Rovers today who are based in Kirkconnel, on the very northern edge of Dumfries and Galloway. My mate now lives in Stewarton in Ayshire so simple enough for him to get the train.

Return from Stewarton to Kirkconnel - £18.70

Return from Stewarton to Kilmarnock plus a return from Kilmarnock to Kirkconnel - total of £13.60. To sit on the same seat as the straight through ticket would gave got him.

Unfathomable pricing issues no 53678

Petershill were playing Kello Rovers today who are based in Kirkconnel, on the very northern edge of Dumfries and Galloway. My mate now lives in Stewarton in Ayshire so simple enough for him to get the train.

Return from Stewarton to Kirkconnel - £18.70

Return from Stewarton to Kilmarnock plus a return from Kilmarnock to Kirkconnel - total of £13.60. To sit on the same seat as the straight through ticket would gave got him.

Split ticketing is utterly ridiculous. Sanquhar to Dumfries then Dumfries to Carlisle works out far cheaper than a Sanquhar to Carlisle ticket. What's worse is we don't know it's cheaper unless we try every combination. That's not an issue on quiet services but a bit trickier when it's busy.

I had an old lady on the train once and she was going somewhere near London. It took ages (around 15 minutes) to try all the combinations to get her the cheapest ticket. At the end I discovered as we were approaching Carlisle an even cheaper ticket(s) than I had originally sold her. So I was standing at the final destination changing all her tickets for the cheaper ones [emoji38]

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Split ticketing is utterly ridiculous. Sanquhar to Dumfries then Dumfries to Carlisle works out far cheaper than a Sanquhar to Carlisle ticket. What's worse is we don't know it's cheaper unless we try every combination. That's not an issue on quiet services but a bit trickier when it's busy.

I had an old lady on the train once and she was going somewhere near London. It took ages (around 15 minutes) to try all the combinations to get her the cheapest ticket. At the end I discovered as we were approaching Carlisle an even cheaper ticket(s) than I had originally sold her. So I was standing at the final destination changing all her tickets for the cheaper ones emoji38.png

why dont you just use the same split ticket websites everyone else does?

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Made a loss of £3.5million last year - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41388672

1st nine months from April 2015 - A profit of £9.5M was made,

2016 (1st full year) - A loss of £3.5M  was made.

They're still £6M up and maybe if they shouldn't have been screwing a £1M profit a month at the beginning.

Bad day at the office for a driver today. Ran a red light near Waverley and buckled a set of points. More or less all trains cancelled from Waverley until 12, some getting in and out through a secret tunnel or a black hole.

My train to Inverness was eventually cancelled. Now waiting on a bloody Mega Bus instead.

Coinciding with engineering works and closures elsewhere I'd hate to be in their customer services team right now.

9 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Bad day at the office for a driver today. Ran a red light near Waverley and buckled a set of points. More or less all trains cancelled from Waverley until 12, some getting in and out through a secret tunnel or a black hole.

My train to Inverness was eventually cancelled. Now waiting on a bloody Mega Bus instead.

Coinciding with engineering works and closures elsewhere I'd hate to be in their customer services team right now.

Loco from the sleeper run through a set of points in Princes St Gardens meaning all train departing Waverley can only use platform 4 at Haymarket. Engineering works have shut the East Coast Main Line from Waverley all the way to Berwick 

The smartcard is utterly useless imo; was using it without any issues for 2 months and then suddenly, with no explanation, when I tried to renew my ST it kept giving me an error message when trying to load my season ticket onto it, claiming there wasn't enough time to collect my card... which was bollocks, because a) you just load it up the day after purchase at the station at one of the smart machines b) it says on the fucking site that it only takes 2 hours and c) I'd been renewing it without issue for 2 months beforehand, didn't do anything differently! Had to pay a full price peak fare the next day.

Emailed them, still no response. Asked at the customer services desk between platforms if there was any way someone could help me physically show them the error I was experiencing, nope, was told I had to do it all at home, over the phone or by email. Which I did, and never got a fucking response!

Worthless. Happily I've since found an alternate route that's cheaper via park and riding at the subway. A faint smell of foost/piss on every train, but at this point I'll gladly take that over having to ever use Scotrail again.

edit: this is probably the point where someone points out that the subway is owned/partially owned/operated by the same people that operate Scotrail or something, ha

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely