The Race For Top 6

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did some number crunching and I think 43 is the number that will get you in more often than not based on fixtures remaining and the current league table.

At the moment I'd go for County, Dundee, and ICT though if we can pick up something more than zero points from the next 3 of Hearts / Aberdeen / Celtic then I might just nudge us ahead of ICT.

I hope you take 6....starting after Tuesday :thumsup2

I've always used the 43 points mark as being the cut off point for the top half and it's never far wrong.

Ross County and Dundee look solid prospects for the top half; Partick Thistle, for me, have the best chance of snaring the final berth with the additional opportunities for points they have and that "special" surface at Fir Hill which nobody else seems capable of playing on!

St. Johnstone to slip out with their atrocious run continuing and ICT missing out by a whisker.

Thought Motherwell had a chance if February had included wins over Thistle and St. Johnstone away and Kilmarnock at home. Our remaining fixtures won't bring sufficient points to catch the others.

Hamilton and Kilmarnock won't be close.

Five games to go. 16 points adrift. Looking tricky for United.

I was obviously joking, but are we only 16 points behind?

Does that mean it was only last night that a team as shite as us could no longer mathematically make the top 6? :huh::wacko:

Firhill's hardly unique in the sense that it's a mess. I can't see for the life of me how we gain an advantage over other teams because of it.

Victoria Park, Tannadice, Tynecastle, Fir Park and even Celtic Park are all a state.

Only 16? i dont think you realise how big 16 points is in football :lol:

Incorrect - I am fully aware of how big a gap it is.

My point is that I am surprised it isn't bigger. We have been complete and utter toilet for the majority of the season - I would have thought the team in 6th would be at least 20-25 ahead of us by now.

Incorrect - I am fully aware of how big a gap it is.

My point is that I am surprised it isn't bigger. We have been complete and utter toilet for the majority of the season - I would have thought the team in 6th would be at least 20-25 ahead of us by now.

The team in 6th have won two games in three months

Funny how it always seems to be fans of clubs like Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and Dunfermline knocking the standard of the league. 'Worst ever', 'lowest standard in my lifetime'

Why would that be?

Because it is? Look, it's not just the top flight; the standard in our own division is utterly appalling. We have clear issues in defence yet we're knocking teams for six and seven.

Our side that played in the SPL in 2011/2012 was probably worse than any current top flight team as well. However, there is not once decent side in the Premiership this season, which is why it's so congested in the middle as everyone is distinctly average at best. That can still be exciting though and some games have been fun to watch due to the shocking defending on display. The general standard isn't good though.

If you look in the majority of post-match threads, there are plenty fans mentioning how poor the game was and how bad their own side played. They change their tune when someone else makes the same point though.

Surely not Hearts. We've just been promoted and the standard is now reminiscent of early '90s Serie A.

Isn't that what we were told in pre-season?

If McIntyre gets his side to finish 4th/5th along with getting to the latter stages of both cups then I can see him being manager of the year.

Unless McInnes wins the league obviously.

Also I don't get the St Johnstone fans saying if we finish top six it's an embarrassment etc. Ffs you won 7 out of 8 games and drew the other. We went through a similar run of results like they're on just now and that's us now just finally catching up.

Archived