Stirling Albion Thread

49 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

You just can't argue with 17 games unbeaten.

I'd argue back that because of Dumbarton's strength. we bloody well had to mate.  A pity the injuries damaged you so much,  but all power to you in the play offs.

Delighted for the team, fully deserved and as mentioned before, a really likeable squad to get behind.

Woke up at 3am yesterday to get the flight over from Spain and yesterday was one of those days that going to the football is all about. Pre match pints, decent game and my nephew on the pitch getting selfies with the players after. 

I've only made about 8/9 games this season but have only seen us lose once (the Aberdeen pumping) with some great moments chucked in - highlights for me being the shootout against Raith (first thought that day we might have a decent side capable of winning the league), last minute at Bonnyrigg and yesterday. 

Thanks to everyone at the club, there is a real good feeling there and all the work done by everyone behind the scenes is much appreciated. 

12 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I'd argue back that because of Dumbarton's strength. we bloody well had to mate.  A pity the injuries damaged you so much,  but all power to you in the play offs.

Possibly, but looking back at previous seasons, our points total just wouldn't be enough to challenge. You usually really need to be getting well into the 70s. We are very much where we deserve to be. As bad a run as we had, we're still MILES ahead of 3rd; just a shame it isn't the old two up two down for this season only!

Edited by FifeSons

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Possibly, but looking back at previous seasons, our points total just wouldn't be enough to challenge. You usually really need to be getting well into the 70s. We are very much where we deserve to be. As bad a run as we had, we're still MILES ahead of 3rd; just a shame it isn't the old two up two down for this season only!

Some previous seasons with teams chucking the fair play rules out of the window and spending money their revenue didn't support.  Don't judge yourselves against them.

7 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Some previous seasons with teams chucking the fair play rules out of the window and spending money their revenue didn't support.  Don't judge yourselves against them.

True, but if you look at when sides like Peterhead and Montrose won it you still needed a pretty healthy total!

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

True, but if you look at when sides like Peterhead and Montrose won it you still needed a pretty healthy total!

Jim McInally spent years building that team. Montrose found an exceptional rookie manager in Petrie.   You were stuck with a manager with a big question mark hanging over his ability and you were still the only serious challenger all season.  You've every right to feel flat right now though.  I would too.

I think the club has a big summer ahead of it in terms of recruitment. This season has been great and the team is very likeable, but really not sure there's enough quality to survive in L1. I'd be prioritising a replacement for Paul McLean (his lack of mobility will surely see him cooked in L1), a central midfielder who can get his foot on the ball and control and a goal-scoring winger. Get those three pieces in the door, I reckon we have a chance.

2 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I think the club has a big summer ahead of it in terms of recruitment. This season has been great and the team is very likeable, but really not sure there's enough quality to survive in L1. I'd be prioritising a replacement for Paul McLean (his lack of mobility will surely see him cooked in L1), a central midfielder who can get his foot on the ball and control and a goal-scoring winger. Get those three pieces in the door, I reckon we have a chance.

See I think Paul McLean is still our best centre back despite his advancing years. I don’t think McGregor has looked too clever this season. 

I think we need better options out wide for sure. I don’t think Denholm will be around next season as he’s getting on a bit as well. That leaves Moore and maybe Cooper who can play out wide. Think we need to strengthen there.  

23 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

See I think Paul McLean is still our best centre back despite his advancing years. I don’t think McGregor has looked too clever this season. 

I think we need better options out wide for sure. I don’t think Denholm will be around next season as he’s getting on a bit as well. That leaves Moore and maybe Cooper who can play out wide. Think we need to strengthen there.  

The annan no 9 looked decent out wide

Horrendous hairdo though 

So did the wee moaner left wing from east fife the other week 

Edited by Binos