The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Reid said:

Apparently got a Belgian striker called Jinty Caenepeel on trial.

I thought was a wind up! Been looking at that name trying to figure out where the joke was, until I googled it and it's actually a real player. 

Interesting that Barnsley (of Liam Lindsay fame) bid to buy him a year ago and were knocked back. I assume a fee would therefore be involved.

Or a loan of some sort? Keown was on trail, so to speak, for a period before we announced the signing so could be a similar situation.
He only has one year left on his contract, though, so could be a purchase.
Just curious, where's this information come from?

Looks like he has pace and is a pretty clever finisher, as far as this video shows. It's unclear from this video whether he'll offer much to the team in terms of off the ball play/defending from the front, but he may have that in his locker too. When watching this video I don't get the impression that he's too good for us, which may or may not be a bad thing. 

i was just looking at jinty's stats and some footage he seems to be decent enough in front of goal but at only 5'9" he's not a target man, has archie maybe decided against his favoured big physical striker to one more like dools and also keep a hold of ade in the meantime

Jinty seems to have played on the wing for FC Eindhoven over the last couple of seasons.
Scored his three goals last season from the Left Wing despite playing on the right more often.

This Belgian lad plays like a cross between Trigger and Dools. Seems to know where the net is and how to dispatch the ball into it, which is more than Ade knows presently.

Some of the footage in the video shows he has the physical game also as breaks tackles, some pace and his positioning looks good as a forward.

In Archie we trust! It'd be nice for once to have some more confidence, out with Dools, in our striking options.