The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Falkirk now thistle take no action really something must be happening in the Coming days. 14 12 12 12

Someone knows something!!!! 

Again, who do you have in mind for the eight extra clubs being added, as part of your solution to restructuring? 42 teams in the current set-up, 50 in yours. 

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

It would 100% be a judicial review. No idea where you're getting the breach of contract idea from, and tbh I don't really care. 

A league is basically a contract between the clubs.  There's an arbitration clause in there, which is why club disciplinary matters go to a panel of arbitrators.

14c7ad9b52bc78755cc7186b4aa602d989c3884a196c45eb9ebf258b7d720c3e_1.jpg.76af33841c907a5692882ac7c826a264.jpg

Its a long way off but i dont know what the club are going to do about season tickets now; im not going to look for any sort of refund, thankfully i can afford to eat shit on the 5 home matches left going by the OS, but im not sure everyone will do that either out of (wholly reasonable it has to be said) principle of not getting what you've paid for, or maybe out of necessity given cash might be really tight for some personal finances and a few quid back could make a big impact to some people. Dont know how far the club can stretch with discounts realistically, think maybe they will add all cup matches to the ST to make up for this season if they cant drop the prices all that much.

Cards on the table I just cant see myself justifying >£300 or thereabouts to watch Thistle contrive to set records for set piece goals conceded to cloggers in the seaside leagues, tbh. Choice at my end is putting it towards a new motor for next year and picking and choosing for PATG (meaning if the team serve up a pile of shite match after match ive no sunk cost either) or renewing, only one winner there...

Edit; had a quick look, full price renewal is £290. I think if they dropped it to £240 - £250 - considering theres 5 home games left this season that arent going to be played and, well, we're fucking doon - itd be enough to tempt me, will wait and see...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

9 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

A league is basically a contract between the clubs.  There's an arbitration clause in there, which is why club disciplinary matters go to a panel of arbitrators.

1. "basically a contract" does not entitle you to raise an action for breach of contract.

2. Arbitration is not an action for breach of contract. 

3. Where is the arbitration clause please? 

4. Why would you want to raise an action for breach of contract when the whole point of this whole fucking accursed scenario is that the "basically a contract" doesn't provide for this type of situation. 

I don't want to play the "I am a lawyer, if that helps" card, but I am a lawyer, if that helps. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We’ve got a 100% record against Caley this season (somehow) so I’d disagree that it’s a “pretty massive if” that we’d beat them again.

We’re also the only team to have played Dundee United four times, and had that shambolic officiating decision against Queens which would have given us the three point swing required to be ahead of them right now. I do agree in principle that we’ve been the poorest team this season, though, and have said for months that we deserve to go down (I think if this season were played to a finish both us and QotS would have), but at the same time we’ve been very unlucky with how it’s all played out.

By that same token, QotS were about to come up against the last 3 teams that they'd beaten. There are a whole load of unknowns and variables about the missing part of the season. 

What we do know is that Thistle were the worst team in the league this season at winning points at the time that the season ended. The relegation is both by merit and unfair at the same time, but it's not a massive injustice. It's just massively unfortunate. 

3 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Every penny of my “football money” will be spent at my club from today onwards unless a favourable reconstruction comes through. Joined Centenary Draw last week, will get a season ticket tomorrow (haven’t had one since the 80s)  No more away games for me. Might be detrimental to the support of the players at away games but afraid I cannot give my money to certain teams. Exceptions are ICT, East Fife and all other NO voters. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

That is all.

4 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Every penny of my “football money” will be spent at my club from today onwards unless a favourable reconstruction comes through. Joined Centenary Draw last week, will get a season ticket tomorrow (haven’t had one since the 80s)  No more away games for me. Might be detrimental to the support of the players at away games but afraid I cannot give my money to certain teams. Exceptions are ICT, East Fife and all other NO voters. 

At least you're taking it well.

Forfar aren’t struggling their chairman was on sportsound and said the £3500 prize money won’t make any difference but having Falkirk and Partick would be worth 75000.
Either way they spend what they have.
Forfar are still waiting for the Alan morgan cash. Buy a player n cupla week later say we need help. Sevcos alternative

Is there such a thing as the yellow, red and black pound as that rant is straight out the Sevconian handbook !

8 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Any chance of super Joe returning home now you're going to be playing in the seaside leagues? emoji469.png

Wouldn't have got a new deal with us if we were playing in the second tier next year. Fire in.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:
3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Forfar aren’t struggling their chairman was on sportsound and said the £3500 prize money won’t make any difference but having Falkirk and Partick would be worth 75000.
Either way they spend what they have.

Forfar are still waiting for the Alan morgan cash. Buy a player n cupla week later say we need help. Sevcos alternative

No they are not we paid for Morgan but they very kindly let us pay in instalments at the time 

I'm a St.Mirren fan and I think you guys, along with Falkirk are the hardest hit of all. Dont give up on your team though over £50. You will bounce back

14c7ad9b52bc78755cc7186b4aa602d989c3884a196c45eb9ebf258b7d720c3e_1.jpg.76af33841c907a5692882ac7c826a264.jpg
Its a long way off but i dont know what the club are going to do about season tickets now; im not going to look for any sort of refund, thankfully i can afford to eat shit on the 5 home matches left going by the OS, but im not sure everyone will do that either out of (wholly reasonable it has to be said) principle of not getting what you've paid for, or maybe out of necessity given cash might be really tight for some personal finances and a few quid back could make a big impact to some people. Dont know how far the club can stretch with discounts realistically, think maybe they will add all cup matches to the ST to make up for this season if they cant drop the prices all that much.
Cards on the table I just cant see myself justifying >£300 or thereabouts to watch Thistle contrive to set records for set piece goals conceded to cloggers in the seaside leagues, tbh. Choice at my end is putting it towards a new motor for next year and picking and choosing for PATG (meaning if the team serve up a pile of shite match after match ive no sunk cost either) or renewing, only one winner there...
Edit; had a quick look, full price renewal is £290. I think if they dropped it to £240 - £250 - considering theres 5 home games left this season that arent going to be played and, well, we're fucking doon - itd be enough to tempt me, will wait and see...