The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Assuming he makes an appearance for them next season, Gary Fraser will do too having just signed for Glenafton in the WOSFL Premier League. So it’ll be us in the top flight, Hamilton/Morton in Championship, Peterhead in League One, Cowdenbeath in League Two and BSC Glasgow in the Lowland League.

Edit: obviously he’s doing it in a different order to Milne - a real shame the injuries absolutely ruined him because he was really talented. 

Good shout.

Harry's order I would be amazed if it's not a first for Thistle and there can't be many others in Scottish football who have done this. Not just going from tier 6 to tier 1 sequentially but for tier 1 to be the last tier to be complete the set

Edited by CoveRangers1922

24 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Is there any player in Thistle's history that has ever played in tier 6 to tier 1 inclusive? I can imagine it would be rare across any club in Scottish football especially when tier 1 is the last one to be chalked off.

I'm thinking Harry, 27 in October, could be your first.

Tier 6 - 14/15 Culter on loan from Cove

Tier 5 - 15/16 to 18/19 Cove

Tier 4 - 19/20 Cove

Tier 3 - 20/21 to 21/22 Cove

Tier 2 - 22/23 Thistle

Tier 1 - 23/24 Thistle*

That is clearly some rise and the optimity of progression. He will excel in the SPL too if Thistle finish the job on Sunday. Would be 4 promotions in 5 years for him.

Bound to be many over the years as others have pointed out, but no way of running an easy data query.

Been superb watching Plastic Whistle play free-flowing attacking football over the course of these play-offs. Not even just beating teams but blowing them away. Got a lot of time for Doolans approach. 

Hope you give County 5 up there and sail on up to the Premiership with us. 

23 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Been superb watching Plastic Whistle play free-flowing attacking football over the course of these play-offs. Not even just beating teams but blowing them away. Got a lot of time for Doolans approach. 

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Ah, thought it might be something along those lines. 15% would be kinda spot on. Not nearly as impressive a boast as it first seemed, but still a great turnout.

To be fair, when I finally got through the queues and into section 7 the vomitoreum was mobbed and it was hard to find a seat - people were being helped to seats by stewards 10 mins into the game. So the capacity was probably broadly appropriate for no designated seating. 

clearly designated seating would have been useful. 

2 hours ago, K77 said:

I believe they had a ~10% reduction in capacity as the tickets were sold as unallocated seats. Trying to stop people wandering around long after kick off trying to find a seat or some areas becoming overcrowded.

That’s a fair load of money the club has lost out on then. 

why not allocated seating?

I think you have to look at the running of the club over the last couple of years by the previous board.

Our stadium capacity isn’t dictated by the number of seats in a stand. It’s the number of seats that are safely useable and in the jhs alone that could be up to 300 (allegedly) broken seats that can’t be sold. Couple that with a bumper crowd and a ticketing system that said the jls stand was sold out when it was half full. 

understandable that this needs to be managed. 

Edit to add the mismanagement of the stadium is down to the previous board failing to invest any money in the upkeep of the stadium. 

Edited by K77

I see we have a new, front of shirt, sponsor. Good to have a two year deal in place but I'm not sure it will look particularly great on our new strip(s).

4 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I see we have a new, front of shirt, sponsor. Good to have a two year deal in place but I'm not sure it will look particularly great on our new strip(s).

Clydebuilt? Always meant prestige brand for Glasgow when building ships. Under Doolan, we can build a prestige team.

ETA. Maybe part of the deal is to tart up our dilapidated stadium.

Edited by Highlandmagar

19 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Ditto

Great club Thistle, do it!

Is Lee Hodson still at the club? He wasn’t on the bench on Thursday and I saw today he’s been released by Kilmarnock. I just don’t want us to field an ineligible player

Edited by Smurph

1 hour ago, Smurph said:

Is Lee Hodson still at the club? He wasn’t on the bench on Thursday and I saw today he’s been released by Kilmarnock. I just don’t want us to field an ineligible player

That would be a pretty mean thing for Killie to do if it makes him ineligible. Although, I suppose, giving them the benefit of the doubt, they just didn’t think if there were any consequences.

On 02/06/2023 at 16:09, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

That’s a fair load of money the club has lost out on then. 

why not allocated seating?

A few reasons. The ticketing system doesn't allocate a seat and if that was to be changed by IT people it would be costly. The other option would be to have sold printed tickets with seats on those tickets, but again there is needless costs involved.

It might also be the fact that, apart from the point of broken seats already made, Thistle and County only get to share 45% of the gate, after costs are deducted so perhaps the club weren't that "bovvered"?

It was fairly chaotic in section 7 of the JHS but it sorted itself out eventually. All added to a cracking atmosphere.

I see on my Dingwall ticket there are allocated seats but I doubt anyone will pay any attention to that. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

For most matches played at Firhill, unallocated seating is fine. It allows people to sit (mostly) wherever they like and with whoever they want. There’s plenty of people that have an allocated ST seat that they never actually sit in. 

3 hours ago, K.T said:

Looking forward to you joining us in the top flight! You definitely deserve to get out of this league.

On our playoff form, probably. The Thistle Archive people posted a list of all the records that Thistle have broken during this playoff run - it’s well over a dozen. Considering we just scraped into the playoffs by goal difference, I don’t think any of us saw this coming. As for today, I still think we need to score twice to be sure of going up.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

On our playoff form, probably. The Thistle Archive people posted a list of all the records that Thistle have broken during this playoff run - it’s well over a dozen. Considering we just scraped into the playoffs by goal difference, I don’t think any of us saw this coming. As for today, I still think we need to score twice to be sure of going up.

Ross County need to score 3 as it stands.