The Partick Thistle thread

It's an absolute stonewall penalty by the book. It is clear and obvious as the referees original decision not to award it was wrong.

As @Rugster correctly pointed out yesterday at the Grealish incident. It's not a bad decision, it's a bad rule.

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't think there's really any way to spin being in the championship for another year rather than being in the premiership as good.

Even if we'd gone up and come straight down with a Gretnaeqsue points total we'd have made more cash and Doolan would probably (hopefully) have been given a bit of leeway if it did go tits up whereas now I doubt we'll see Tiffoney Turner or Holt again and we're still in a brutally tough league to get out of. 

Doolan has done really well though his lack of subs maybe hindered us a bit today, even though he scored his attempt, I didn't really see the logic in keeping Graham on for pens when he's got a terrible record at them and he was totally burst for all of extra time. 

Tiffoney won't go much further than Thistle. He can produce magic but you see him at a higher level and he will be found out even more unless he adapts his game. The amount of times he gives away possession is unbelievable. 

No point being negative regarding keeping players. They're a close knit group who can play brilliant football together. Even if we lose 1 or 2 it is not a disaster as long as a couple of new signings are made. We definitely need a big hatchet man in midfield and a centre half. 

2 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

No point being negative regarding keeping players. They're a close knit group who can play brilliant football together. Even if we lose 1 or 2 it is not a disaster as long as a couple of new signings are made. We definitely need a big hatchet man in midfield and a centre half. 

I think we’re in line for a big overhaul of players, not just losing 1 or 2.

On the other hand, providing we don’t lose anyone still under contract - we still have a number of quality players (Fitzpatrick, Milne, McMillan, Graham, Lawless etc.)

Hopefully we’ll get a clearer picture in the near future. 

Edited by JagsCG

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I think we’re in line for a big overhaul of players, not just losing 1 or 2.

On the other hand, providing we don’t lose anyone still under contract - we still have a number of quality players (Fitzpatrick, Milne, McMillan, Graham, Lawless etc.)

Hopefully we’ll get a clearer picture in the near future. 

I think we will struggle to keep Milne once he's fit.

9 hours ago, AyrExile said:

That was one and the other on Thursday changed the game massively. Dipo being out for the first match despite not missing a game all season. Savoury getting injured in the QP game were all good breaks to get. Today was the opposite and you got the rough end of the stick 

They were both right decisions though. The three VAR reviews yesterday were questionable. As far as the QP game at Firhill is concerned, QP only scored their first goal because Bannigan was down injured and out of position. And I don’t even know why we’re talking about injuries - it’s about VAR changing the outcome of yesterday’s game. 

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

it’s about VAR changing the outcome of yesterday’s game. 

Top flight sides have had to deal with this all season, so if you want to play there you better get used to accepting its randomness.

Its a lot of shite.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Top flight sides have had to deal with this all season, so if you want to play there you better get used to accepting its randomness.

Its a lot of shite.

One in a game, maybe - but 3 in a game that’s so important ? And what about the handball that wasn’t reviewed ?

I know you all know this but....OAFT, thats gotta be the sarest bottle job yet. 

Take some time off lads, you deserve it. 

Oh and we're all "perennial loser teams" and its better than being a fan of the sole team in Scotland that isn't. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

One in a game, maybe - but 3 in a game that’s so important ? And what about the handball that wasn’t reviewed ?

Ohh no, that is a regular occurrence. Pretty sure there was a game that had 4/5 VAR checks in it. The importance of the game doesn't matter to VAR, it' used the same irrespective of it. I agree with what others are saying, the decisions were correct under the laws, so VAR hasn't really changed the game, as a competent referee gets the decisions correct in the first place. I understand Thistle fans annoyance as they're not used to it, but this is common place as much as non of us like it.  

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

I think we will struggle to keep Milne once he's fit.

Don’t disagree but it depends how long before he’s fit. If he wasn’t injured he’d be away (for a fee) no question about it. 

Another "benefit" of getting to the playoff final is we're now about a month behind half the other teams in assembling our squad for 23/24 which kicks off in under 6 weeks.

As said Milne being injured probably tilts it in favour of him staying for now but if he proves his fitness in the League Cup then a team could still come in for him before end of August.

I think Tiffoney and Turner will get Premiership gigs even if they don't start every week. Holt I think would be fine at CB (but not LB) for a bottom 6 team and could go but everyone else out of contract I think will be available for us to keep, finances permitting (which is the biggest worry).

37 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ohh no, that is a regular occurrence. Pretty sure there was a game that had 4/5 VAR checks in it. The importance of the game doesn't matter to VAR, it' used the same irrespective of it. I agree with what others are saying, the decisions were correct under the laws, so VAR hasn't really changed the game, as a competent referee gets the decisions correct in the first place. I understand Thistle fans annoyance as they're not used to it, but this is common place as much as non of us like it.  

Except he overturned 2 of his original decisions. So not quite so competent. And the 1st one that he didn’t. It’s as clear as day a penalty. The County player is nowhere near the ball.

OH NO NO NO NO NO...

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

*breathes in*

Spoiler

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

45 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Another "benefit" of getting to the playoff final is we're now about a month behind half the other teams in assembling our squad for 23/24 which kicks off in under 6 weeks.

Was thinking exactly this earlier. A mountain of work to be done for Doolan in the next few weeks leading up to pre season. On the plus side we do have some youngsters that will been keen to impress, I’ve really liked the look of MacKenzie, and Stanway seemed to be rated by some Airdrie fans from his loan there. 

You'd like to think there's at least some work already done behind the scenes for either eventuality rather than starting fresh this morning.  Obviously you're not going to have approached anyone seriously, but you can still draw up plans.

Ha.  Planning.