The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Which of the VAR decisions was wrong, given the ridiculous handball rule?

Without VAR there was no way the home side were going to score.

That is the point I am trying to make not whether the decision was right or wrong according to the rules at this moment in time.

Love all these fans of perennial loser teams coming on to try and wind us up after we came up *just* short of promotion. We all knew our defence had mistakes in it. It’s painful how close we came, and that we really should have won with the chances we missed, but this team has given us many more great moments than bad ones. 

Gutted but proud. On to next season. 

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

VAR turned the game as County certainly  didn't look capable of scoring. Can't really complain though as you've had a lot of big referee calls go your way recently and today evens it up 

You still on about Akinyemi ? He brought that on himself.

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Love all these fans of perennial loser teams coming on to try and wind us up after we came up *just* short of promotion. We all knew our defence had mistakes in it. It’s painful how close we came, and that we really should have won with the chances we missed, but this team has given us many more great moments than bad ones. 

Should have could have but didn't.

Fair play to thistle for your run in the playoffs and for bringing a fantastic support up to dingwall today , yous play some excellent stuff to watch and over the two legs probably deserved it.

Gutted for yous but hoping you can win the champ next year over the crap highland version of thistle and also United keep them doon

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

well. that was shite. struggling to think of a worse game in the last 20 years.

Hopefully Doolan is good at the recruitment side of things, but im fairly sure we're in for much of the same next season.

Bannigan and his testimonial can get fucked tbh. Culpable at one of the County goals, skies a sitter, fucks his penalty against the post.

I can’t help but think his combover was his super power. It goes and with it any resemblance of a footballer

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

VAR robbed thistle.

1 hour ago, Number seven said:

Thistle we’re far better in both games.

Ross County should consider themselves very fortunate that VAR stepped in as they were hopeless.

19 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Without VAR there was no way the home side were going to score.

That is the point I am trying to make not whether the decision was right or wrong according to the rules at this moment in time.

Can somebody check on this guy tonight??

I’m worried about him………. 

On the other hand, GIRFUY SCROTEFACE!!  😁😁😁

10 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

You still on about Akinyemi ? He brought that on himself.

That was one and the other on Thursday changed the game massively. Dipo being out for the first match despite not missing a game all season. Savoury getting injured in the QP game were all good breaks to get. Today was the opposite and you got the rough end of the stick 

21 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Haha, absolutely furious. Wee shame.

39 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Which of the VAR decisions was wrong, given the ridiculous handball rule?

First of all it's about the use of VAR. It's to check for a clear and obvious error. The penalty was not a clear and obvious error yet it was given with VAR.  That was a stone wall a penalty as you are ever going to get and isn't given. The only time var was effective was the red card as the ref made a Roger Hunt of it in the first place. 

45 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Bannigan and his testimonial can get fucked tbh. Culpable at one of the County goals, skies a sitter, fucks his penalty against the post.

f**k sake and I thought the Falkirk fans were entitled c***s.

39 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

VAR is irrelevant. If we'd not been so wasteful it would never have come to this. We need to look at how we can improve as a team instead of blaming technology which is here to stay. We had so many chances to score particularly at Firhill. Effectively we blew it and I don't see the point in blaming anyone but ourselves. 

Lads you’ll not give a jot about my opinion given what’s just happened, but I have to say I have a lot of admiration for you club as a whole. You have a group of players willing to fight for the badge, a manager who absolutely loves the club and a large set of fans willing to follow that club anywhere. Your time might not have come today, but it will come in the near future - I’m absolutely sure of that much. And when it does come boy will it be good. 

Best of luck for next season boys - I’ll be rooting for yous (especially against the Tinks).

Sitting after the Raith game, I said we'd probably get to the final and lose to the Premiership team.  Unfortunately, I didn't imagine us doing it in this way.  Massive missed opportunity to have a near-perfect 340 minutes of playoff football, only to f**k up the final 20 minutes, and then not manage to turn it around in the extra 30 plus penalties.  

There's no excuses for today.  Certain things went against us seemingly, but we should have scored more on Thursday, we should have taken chances today, we shouldn't have turned into complete shitebags, and we certainly shouldn't have allowed certain ones of those shitebags take penalties.  We got what we deserved.

Very interesting summer ahead.  I think we've seen really good signs under Doolan that can give hope going forward.  If we'd gone up, we'd have a higher budget obviously, but would it have been too early?  But at the same time, a year in the Championship might be less challenging and give more opportunities, but what budget is out there, what players are sticking around, and - the old problem - what is our recruitment going to be like?  If Doolan can nail that, then for me there's just one more thing he needs to address, and that's how to stop us from absolutely falling apart when we come up against any kind of adversity.

I don't think there's really any way to spin being in the championship for another year rather than being in the premiership as good.

Even if we'd gone up and come straight down with a Gretnaeqsue points total we'd have made more cash and Doolan would probably (hopefully) have been given a bit of leeway if it did go tits up whereas now I doubt we'll see Tiffoney Turner or Holt again and we're still in a brutally tough league to get out of. 

Doolan has done really well though his lack of subs maybe hindered us a bit today, even though he scored his attempt, I didn't really see the logic in keeping Graham on for pens when he's got a terrible record at them and he was totally burst for all of extra time. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't think there's really any way to spin being in the championship for another year rather than being in the premiership as good.

Even if we'd gone up and come straight down with a Gretnaeqsue points total we'd have made more cash and Doolan would probably (hopefully) have been given a bit of leeay whereas now I doubt we'll see Tiffoney Turner or Holt again and we're still in a brutally tough league to get out of. 

Doolan has done really well though his lack of subs maybe hindered us a bit today, even though he scored I didn't really see the logic in keeping Graham on for pens when he's got a terrible record at them and he was totally burst for all of extra time. 

Still a season in the Prem would have been good and who knows?

You have got a good thing going under Doolan, the fans are right behind team. I can see United being pretty slow starters, start hot and skoosh the league. 

Good luck men.