The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Such a weirdo - if you don’t like it just leave it and don’t comment. 

In the meantime the rest of us can be happy that a Thislte team played good football, pumped Hibs and got to a cup final. 

Front row centre no doubt

We got scudded 5-1 off Ayr in the Scottish Youth Cup QF. Two goals were penalties and one goalkeeping error but we were never really in it.  Our goal was directly from kick off though which was pretty cool.

29 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I see Brian was well enough to take the women's team today

Well there’s a difference between playing competitive football and standing at a dugout. Clearly looks rough as toast in the photo 

If we had to go to the end of the season with the current squad what would people's thoughts be? For me another wide attacker is a must and if I'm being greedy I'd like a proven defensive midfielder too just to help out in the engine room. Let Lyon and probably zander go out and play somewhere for the remainder of the season. Seems strange we've recalled Ji Stevenson as he's now played for ourselves and clyde so unless we're sending him lowland league or lower he's done in terms of teams he can play for

Yeah I would definitely say another winger is needed.

A few weeks ago I would have said we had no chance of promotion as I couldn't see us beating Raith / DU in the playoffs and a Premiership team after that so I would have said any signings this window should have been with next season in mind. 

However Raith creaking a bit opening up chance of second place, and the win vs County (albeit in very different circumstances from June) has upgraded this from no chance to a very small chance, so I don't think we should pass up anything short term. 

I suspect Clyde sent Stevenson back rather than the other way around as McCall will have wanted his own guys in. 

I'd still let Lyon go on loan if he can get a league one club where he'll play every week. 

13 minutes ago, colliedug said:

Guys is there no whispers of us getting anybody in last minute?

Random loan incoming for English winger from Swindon Town with 60 odd career appearances, 3 goals and a driving ban.

They'll play 3 times and be instantly punted down to a squad status of "only use if Lawless can no longer walk".

Hmm, could (still) really use a winger and a solid holding midfielder.

On the former, wouldn’t be surprised if Dom Thomas would be keen to join us - think our style of play would suit him - but (rightly) can’t see us paying a fee. 

On latter, can’t even think of anyone who fits the bill and is available / realistic. 

Would prefer no additions to wasting money on additions that never get a game. 

I have no imagination, so I had a wee look at a couple of former loanees (one got cancelled due to Covid though) - Declan Glass is still at Dundee Utd and just went out to Cove Rangers on loan, so thats a no go. Last loan with us was cut short due to injury iirc.

Declan McDaid is over in Ireland and played with Doolan, no clue if we'd be sniffing about him/if he'd be interested/what his current contract situation is, but we did try to get him on loan a few seasons back. Might've played against Wasiri Williams and all for another tenuous connection.

Thanks for reading my baseless speculation, feel free to add your own posts pining for big handsome Gabriel Piccolo.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I have no imagination, so I had a wee look at a couple of former loanees (one got cancelled due to Covid though) - Declan Glass is still at Dundee Utd and just went out to Cove Rangers on loan, so thats a no go. Last loan with us was cut short due to injury iirc.

Declan McDaid is over in Ireland and played with Doolan, no clue if we'd be sniffing about him/if he'd be interested/what his current contract situation is, but we did try to get him on loan a few seasons back. Might've played against Wasiri Williams and all for another tenuous connection.

Thanks for reading my baseless speculation, feel free to add your own posts pining for big handsome Gabriel Piccolo.

If we’re going down this line, bring back Ross Forbes. I don’t care how slow and shite he is.