The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, jaggyness said:

Hmm maybe although last year it was the piping that was pink on the training wear. We surely can't have a black away kit this time? I'm trying to think, have we ever had a purple away kit? I vaguely remember the checkered away kit having purple in it? 

I've got a purple away top from goodness knows when. Possibly Matchwinner?

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

I've got a purple away top from goodness knows when. Possibly Matchwinner?

That's the one I'm maybe thinking of, certainly around that time period

17 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

1997/98, apparently.

The 12/13 away kit had that purple Thistle on it too (and was gorgeous) 

Wow, I didn't realise it was from one of our original banter seasons.

We tended to get beat in our home strip for most of that season as far as I can recall.

RE: Byrne I genuinely didn't know he was 31 years old. 

I'm sure he could have done a good job for a year not so sure I'd be handing out a 2 year contract though.

I'm also not sure why Rovers seem so obsessed with Thistle at the moment? Most players probably have various clubs interested in them at this time of year?

14 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I'm also not sure why Rovers seem so obsessed with Thistle at the moment? Most players probably have various clubs interested in them at this time of year?

I think Rovers social media admin is just trying to bam up anyone they can. Fair enough, really. It came back to bite them last season, and I’m sure it will again. 

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think Rovers social media admin is just trying to bam up anyone they can. Fair enough, really. It came back to bite them last season, and I’m sure it will again. 

Did it though? Don't think we lost the league due to social media. We lost it due to not holding onto leads or keep enough clean sheets. I don't think twitter can help with that.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Did it though? Don't think we lost the league due to social media. We lost it due to not holding onto leads or keep enough clean sheets. I don't think twitter can help with that.

Well, no obviously not, but it did give everyone else the opportunity to go back previous posts and get it right up you. Which is basically all I was meaning. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well, no obviously not, but it did give everyone else the opportunity to go back previous posts and get it right up you. Which is basically all I was meaning. 

Of course, which in turn increases the engagement numbers and can lead to more brand awareness and sponsorship. There isn't a downside to it I suppose as long as its not malicious. A wee bit of catharsis for the opposition fans in the end 

44 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Exactly this

What Twitter, Instagram, tik tok etc does help with though is increasing our brand awareness and attracting new and younger supporters. The link between our social media output and the more than 100% increase in home attendances can't be ignored.

As long as its not malicious, the banter between teams  is one of the main attractions of supporting a football club.

Noticed quite a few teams are showing the Euros on TV at their stadia (or at least the Scotland games) but we're not. 

Is it just the case that the Aitken suite isn't that a good a place to watch football or not enough demand / too many other options in Glasgow? 

12 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Noticed quite a few teams are showing the Euros on TV at their stadia (or at least the Scotland games) but we're not. 

Is it just the case that the Aitken suite isn't that a good a place to watch football or not enough demand / too many other options in Glasgow? 

The Aitken is long due a serious makeover .Nothing much going for it apart from proximity to ground on match day.Can't stand those big clunky,uncomfortable seats that look like electric chairs without the wiring,ancient and worn tables,slow moving cashless bar and bogs that look like something out of Just a Boys' game ....nah ,not for me .

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It's just a bit of fun and if you can't see the funny side then you must live a boring life. I'm sure if the rumours were he was signing for someone else then Partick wouldn't have been mentioned. The fact I find Still Game funny and Raith have adapted the sketch is light hearted fun. It generates thousands of views which is great for a small club trying to build a bigger support.

8 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Do you really know how social media works?! It's all about hits, clicks comments etc.. what Raith Rovers have and still do is untouchable right now and everyone that comments just adds to our popularity. So we say thank you 🙏🤗

8 hours ago, baba douche said:

f**k sake, social media wanking 😴

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

Do you really know how social media works?! It's all about hits, clicks comments etc.. what Raith Rovers have and still do is untouchable right now and everyone that comments just adds to our popularity. So we say thank you 🙏🤗

😴

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s Ballantyne officially signed for Morton. Which is a bit of a blow, tbh.

Big Waz at right back it is.

Either these wee diddy teams, Ayr and Morton are offering more money or they don't want to play for a team pushing for promotion. Not really a blow. I am sure Kris knows what he is doing.

Edited by Highlandmagar