The Partick Thistle thread

38 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Going by an above post he had a year to run on his Hibs contract 

Ah I missed that. Don't recall him signing any extension at Hibs so I was pretty sure his contract had wound down. Anyway, will be interesting to see how he does at Partick. Hopefully he kicks on as there's definitely a decent player in there he possibly just hasn't had a chance to show it on a regular basis.

I like the sound of these signings and I am getting a sort of Moneyball vibe, picking up players who Doolan feels he can develop.  As well as contributing to next season, if you get it right then the resale of just one player can give you a lot of options.  I would love to see Wasiri nail down a regular spot.

We're being linked with Scotland u21 gk Cieran Slicker on loan in the S*n today along with Kilmarnock and Ross County. Don't know a huge amount about him but the type of signing on loan I'd like to see us be making. Someone who could genuinely challenge for a starting spot and not a huge issue if it doesn't turn out that way

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

We're being linked with Scotland u21 gk Cieran Slicker on loan in the S*n today along with Kilmarnock and Ross County. Don't know a huge amount about him but the type of signing on loan I'd like to see us be making. Someone who could genuinely challenge for a starting spot and not a huge issue if it doesn't turn out that way

No idea why those wee clubs are trying to get in the way of the Thistle money train tbqhwy.

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Also agree that everything seems to be going too smoothly, almost get the feeling someone has misplaced a decimal point in the Excel sheet about the budget.

I don’t know about that. I feel like we’re making the exact sort of signings that a team hoping to win this division and that has a top 2/3 budget should be making.

None of these signings feel too extravagant to me; like the type you would see United or County make when they fall to this level where nobody else could get near the wage demands. The players we’ve signed would have probably ended up at one of the other top Championship clubs if they hadn’t signed for us.

It’s quite clear that us and Raith have more spending power than the rest, and have both made some very decent signings. Ayr as well appear to be trusting Brown with a larger budget than they did the previous pair of managers. I’m not sure what Livi are doing as the parachute payments should see them competitive, but they’ve been very quiet so far. Either way, I do agree it’ll still be a tight division, but I’m very pleased with the summer business so far.

A related point - I notice that we’ve just announced passing the 1500 ST marker. I would expect there to be a decent bump in sales in the next week or so as people get paid and Germany is out of the way, which many will have quite right prioritised. So fingers crossed this will allow us to get a couple more decent names in the door soon.

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don’t know about that. I feel like we’re making the exact sort of signings that a team hoping to win this division and that has a top 2/3 budget should be making.

None of these signings feel too extravagant to me; like the type you would see United or County make when they fall to this level where nobody else could get near the wage demands. The players we’ve signed would have probably ended up at one of the other top Championship clubs if they hadn’t signed for us.

It’s quite clear that us and Raith have more spending power than the rest, and have both made some very decent signings. Ayr as well appear to be trusting Brown with a larger budget than they did the previous pair of managers. I’m not sure what Livi are doing as the parachute payments should see them competitive, but they’ve been very quiet so far. Either way, I do agree it’ll still be a tight division, but I’m very pleased with the summer business so far.

A related point - I notice that we’ve just announced passing the 1500 ST marker. I would expect there to be a decent bump in sales in the next week or so as people get paid and Germany is out of the way, which many will have quite right prioritised. So fingers crossed this will allow us to get a couple more decent names in the door soon.

Agree with this and would say it's the same at the Rovers. Feel like both clubs are doing there best to raise revenue and ensure the first team budget has as much as possible in it. There are no players in either squad on silly money but there are likely a good few on top end championship wages.... because they are at top-end championship clubs.

Given how close the play off games were and the signings of both since, there is literally nothing between the squads. Hopefully going to be some ding dong this season.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Ah I missed that. Don't recall him signing any extension at Hibs so I was pretty sure his contract had wound down. Anyway, will be interesting to see how he does at Partick. Hopefully he kicks on as there's definitely a decent player in there he possibly just hasn't had a chance to show it on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I was certain he signed a 3 year deal at Hibs too.  Either way, he definitely went a year too early IMO.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/a-massive-club-in-a-massive-city-daniel-mackay-eager-to-repay-hibs-after-signing-four-year-deal-3235073?itm_source=parsely-api

Four year deal, lads. 

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:

My mate is an Ipswich Town srason ticket holder. Slicker is very highly regarded.

28 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

You'd imagine Ipswich would rather he was getting a heavier workload at Killie or County rather than swinging on the bar as we stroll to the title. 

Just laughed out loud at that while sitting alone in a busy Spanish café. Felt like a right tit. 😄

20 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Very boring I know but wonder what squad number Kyle is going to take if McKay is going to be wearing 7 as per the training wear in his interview? 

Turner 6

McKay 7

Ashcroft 23

Not sure about Chalmers but 10 was available so he'll possibly have taken that.

29 minutes ago, SilverWolfe said:

Any idea what the deal is with the below seats in yellow? JH6, FF 144-146. Any idea if that’s an empty seat between 146 and 1? 

I have really bad knees so like an end of row seat but nothing available above a certain height and noticed these seats might be handy. 

IMG_1741.jpeg

Not 100% sure so might be best to call office to ask on 0141 579 1971 between 10am and 4 pm .