The Partick Thistle thread

Keep forgetting that Doolan is above criticism. How would your figures for last season look if he hadn't scored four against a demoralised Hamilton team?. I'd also add that if we're going to make a big thing about his scoring average some mention should be made that only two of those seasons were in the top league. My entire point is that he doesn't have the physique or speed for the premiership to play lone striker.

No, Doolan isn't above criticism. What he is above is blatantly inaccurate criticisms in the face of statistical evidence.

Your entire point is null and void because he's proven that he does have the ability to play as a lone striker in the Premiership.

Thought it's fairly obvious what the word was supposed to be. Mobile keyboards have so little space for my big adult fingers. Take it by your response and reasoned argument your a paid up member of the Doolan fan club who can't tolerate criticism of the 'great one'

Aye, really proving you're an adult there with your mature and informed debating style.

I've still not worked out which word it was supposed to be, however. And I fail to see how 'my response' is in any way indicitive of my opinion of Doolan, seeing as how I never mentioned him.

Do feel free to try again.

Ross County through Roy MacGregor and his Global Energy group have also what looks like handsome financial backing that Thistle just don't have. Global Energy is one of the fastest growing companies in the oil and gas industry and I heard on BBC Scotland Stuart McCall and Alex Miller talking about how much money is being pumped into Ross County. They mentioned us losing Scott Fox and talked about another example is last years Bradford City captain joining them this summer and McCall knew roughly how much he was on down at Bradford due to his links at the club and being an ex-manager there. He was surprised the Staggies had that kind of pull. But fair play to them ;-)

I agree with Archie that 8th or better is a good place to be aiming as it looks like we do have the lowest budget in the division so it puts last years achievements into perspective.

Yeah, there's only a diddy outfit like Asco providing backroom nous at Thistle. Apparently.

Thought it's fairly obvious what the word was supposed to be. Mobile keyboards have so little space for my big adult fingers. Take it by your response and reasoned argument your a paid up member of the Doolan fan club who can't tolerate criticism of the 'great one'

*toys oot the pram*

I'll have to admit, Kris Doolan bought me a bottle of Budweiser at the POTY a few years ago after praising his goal against QOTS, so my opinion of him is severely biased. If he never bought me that, I'd be calling for his head, but as such I'm firmly in the Doolan Fan Club.

Yeah, there's only a diddy outfit like Asco providing backroom nous at Thistle. Apparently.

Not any more, as far as I am aware, (https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/70575/search-underway-new-asco-chairman/) as Billy Allan stepped down from Asco late last year and was only an employee albeit Chief Exec., whereas Roy McGregor is the founder/owner and Chairman of Global Energy so can do what he wants with his cash as it's his company (i.e. pumping it into Ross County). Just interesting to see Ross County throwing the dough around in January and this summer. Some investment up in Ross-shire for sure.

I'm sure the Invisible Man did very well out of that deal. Probably unfair on Billy as they're all invisible on the Jags board these days.

I suppose County's an example of why chucking money around isn't such a great ideal.

Wanna sign a few strikers so we can have Doolan, cheers.

Zero chance Falkirk or anyone else will have Doolan this season.

He's out of contract at the end of 15/16 (I think) so beyond that is anyone's guess, but I'd like to think he'll sign on with us again.