The Partick Thistle thread

See if Stevenson and Pogba are worth £3.5 million between them, can we not just sell them to these guys?

Frédéric on Clyde SSB this evening after 7pm.

Apparently the mother in law has been staying at his recently.

Hopefully he'll get his mojo back for Saturday...

Just listened to that. His Scottish side, Celtic, his ambition "to move to a bigger club", and touting Archie to go to better things too. Ooft Freddy, if you weren't so handsome...

Edited by forameus

Good morning, looking for a bit of info if possible.

I'm interviewing your former player Stevie Pittman tomorrow who played in the mid nineties and was wondering if any of the older fans had any anecdotes, or memories of his time at the club. His wiki page mentions a few things about his time with you.

Cheers

Ask him of his memories of taxis in Shrewsbury

Just listened to that. His Scottish side, Celtic, his ambition "to move to a bigger club", and touting Archie to go to better things too. Ooft Freddy, if you weren't so handsome...

To be fair, for all his good looks, I don't think Freddie's the brightest tool in the box. He's been utter gash this season so far though so I'm sure his move to a "bigger club" won't be too far off.

To be fair, for all his good looks, I don't think Freddie's the brightest tool in the box. He's been utter gash this season so far though so I'm sure his move to a "bigger club" won't be too far off.

No doubt John Viola is lining up a 6 month move to Kilmarnock for him in the summer :rolleyes:

Behind all the banal questions I found the most revealing bit was when he mentioned that it was a really nice bunch of guys to train with and maybe too nice and we were lacking a couple of nasty/ tough characters. We certainly have a soft centre and we lack any gamesmanship altogether, Tomas's dithering at goal kicks aside.

Banzo can be reckless and Abzy can get stuck in at times but we lack a player or two who like to rile the opposition.

We've not really won many personal battles this term and got right in the oppositions faces.

Interesting that he said he followed Liverpool although to be fair he probably wasn't alive when Liverpool fans went on a murdering rampage at the home of his team, Anderlecht.

The Celtic thing was just a bit of bantz to noise up former Lierse team mate, Charlie Miller, imo.

He has been poor this season. One of the biggest disappointments so far. I hoped he'd kick on with a full preseason behind him. I guess the chopping and changing at the back hasn't helped along with a dodgy hamstring and no settled partner at the back so far.

He is pretty handsome too, tbf :wub:

Behind all the banal questions I found the most revealing bit was when he mentioned that it was a really nice bunch of guys to train with and maybe too nice and we were lacking a couple of nasty/ tough characters. We certainly have a soft centre and we lack any gamesmanship altogether

But we're 'Not so cuddly anymore', hadn't you heard? :rolleyes:

No doubt John Viola is lining up a 6 month move to Kilmarnock for him in the summer :rolleyes:

Behind all the banal questions I found the most revealing bit was when he mentioned that it was a really nice bunch of guys to train with and maybe too nice and we were lacking a couple of nasty/ tough characters. We certainly have a soft centre and we lack any gamesmanship altogether, Tomas's dithering at goal kicks aside.

Banzo can be reckless and Abzy can get stuck in at times but we lack a player or two who like to rile the opposition.

We've not really won many personal battles this term and got right in the oppositions faces.

Interesting that he said he followed Liverpool although to be fair he probably wasn't alive when Liverpool fans went on a murdering rampage at the home of his team, Anderlecht.

The Celtic thing was just a bit of bantz to noise up former Lierse team mate, Charlie Miller, imo.

He has been poor this season. One of the biggest disappointments so far. I hoped he'd kick on with a full preseason behind him. I guess the chopping and changing at the back hasn't helped along with a dodgy hamstring and no settled partner at the back so far.

He is pretty handsome too, tbf :wub:

Good point. I think it's a great thing that the group seems so settled and together, but every team does need a b*****d. St Mirren have Goodwin, Celtic have Brown, Rangers had Elbows, we've got...no-one really. Not that I'm advocating it, but is there anyone in our squad that you can think of that would get sent off for proper violent conduct? Osman could batter most, but he won't. I suppose Gary Fraser, if he can evoke the memories of the development squad and kicking seven shades out of a downed player.

We don't need a nasty player. But a few of them could do with developing some street smarts.

Spot on, we've had far more red cards and penalties awarded against us than for us. Said after the Celtic LC game that their players' reaction helped get Bannigan sent off, if Brown had made the tackle on one of our players would we have been charging up to the ref? Doubt it.

Lining up for County against Thistle later today then?

Balatoni in the record today saying we offered him a deal after we sold Hendry but he rejected it.

#newchallenge

it makes me wonder just how much less than everyone else around us we are offering money wise. looking at fan base and relative size i wouldnt have thought it would be much less than killie etc, but clearly with the amount of knock backs wev had it must be significantly less

it makes me wonder just how much less than everyone else around us we are offering money wise. looking at fan base and relative size i wouldnt have thought it would be much less than killie etc, but clearly with the amount of knock backs wev had it must be significantly less

I may be being naive here, but money wasn't the issue here. He'd already made his mind up not to comeback to Firhill

To be fair to Balatoni, Higgy and Fox they wanted to go onto bigger things, which they have done at Killie and Ross County.

As much as Killie are a mess under Locke they'll be at least 10 points ahead of us at the end of the season.