The Partick Thistle thread

27 minutes ago, dave.j said:

You know we're playing in a league full of Part Timers, right? 

Of the games we've played this season, I've yet to hear one mate, or read one poster claim after a game, bloody hell we were cracking today, we ran over the top of them, we played them off the park, XXX was unplayable today he tore them apart 

All phrases I would expect to hear, whilst playing in this godforsaken division 

Fair points well made but my opinion still stands. I completely agree we should be so much better and I'm as disappointed as your good self but I maintain progress was being made. Still solidly disappointing but progress nonetheless. Fast enough, probably not.

We're in the third tier, and it's fucking March.

Do people honestly expect us, or for that matter anyone in our league to be signing "prolific" goalscorers? McCall is hardly about to unveil Liam Boyce, Osman Sow and Keemar Roofe is he?

7 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Do people honestly expect us, or for that matter anyone in our league to be signing "prolific" goalscorers? McCall is hardly about to unveil Liam Boyce, Osman Sow and Keemar Roofe is he?

I don't think it matters much really. Harry Kane would struggle under our management team.

That would be the 6 loans used up then if all the rumours are true- Wright, Devine (divine right lol) , Geggan, Bell, Erskine, MacIver.

Would also finally confirm that Declan Glass isn't actually on the books any longer(!)

Buzzing for us to announce the three at once at 2pm then the league to be in the bin by 3pm.

Edited by Fuctifano

46 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That would be the 6 loans used up then if all the rumours are true- Wright, Devine (divine right lol) , Geggan, Bell, Erskine, MacIver.

Would also finally confirm that Declan Glass isn't actually on the books any longer(!)

Buzzing for us to announce the three at once at 2pm then the league to be in the bin by 3pm.

Considering we can only sign loans and free agents, they could have relaxed the rules on how many loans you can sign, like they did regarding how many clubs you can play for in a season (for example MacIver has already played for Motherwell and Morton, ordinarily it’d be against the rules for us to sign him).

Edited by JagsCG

12 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

You’re of course correct, but people love to moan at everything. 

On 08/03/2021 at 21:56, Hammer Jag said:

Operation slither through the playoffs with squad full of ageing, Lowland League jobbers at the expense of Greenock Morton will shortly commence.

and I’m absolutely fine with it.

Signing our discarded rejects like the bottom feeders you are. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Singing our discarded rejects like the bottom feeders you are. 

Not the greatest stone to throw when your rabble currently have Sean McGinty, Aidan Nesbitt and Robbie Muirhead on the books.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Not the greatest stone to throw when your rabble currently have Sean McGinty, Aidan Nesbitt and Robbie Muirhead on the books.

Don't think that you're in a position to throw any stones from your lowly position beneath Montrose and 'Airdrie' in the seaside leagues. Get back in your box. 

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

Don't think that you're in a position to throw any stones from your lowly position beneath Montrose and 'Airdrie' in the seaside leagues. Get back in your box. 

No position in the league system is too low to point and laugh at the Sean McGinty-led diddies from Inverclyde who haven’t sniffed the top flight in 40 years.

Enjoy your fan takeover and subsequent part-time football.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Morton fan cashes in on being a few league pyramid places above a basket-case Thistle for the first time this millenium.  Cute, I suppose (but also a bit weird).  Must be the giddy elation of Morton maxing out their stratospheric potential* this season (despite losing at home to Ayr, who are every bit Morton's equals in stature and history). 

Can't recall the last time I glanced at the Morton forum on here, although I still remember the pure comedy of the "Great Feeling at Cappielow" thread a few years back - with its poetic narrative arc which moved from excitement and joyful optimism back to an inevitable crushing anger and depression when reality hit.

* By "maxing out their stratospheric potential", I mean, of course, surviving another year without conceding ten goals in a single match or ending up in the bottom tier of the league system again.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You mocked us for signing Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine from the juniors. Between them, they achieved more than Greenock Morton have and probably ever will in your lifetime.

You stick to buying St Mirren’s cast-off roofs.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Enjoy your fan takeover and subsequent part-time football.

avatars-000002708435-duk574-t240x240.jpg.3dde99f53ff6d0e741165dd5a1fa32d4.jpg

Erm yes thanks; enjoy having Jacqui Low and a bunch of other ghouls calling the shots at your failed club instead! That zinger sure showed us!

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Can't recall the last time I glanced at the Morton forum on here, 

That's because we're in a different and higher forum than your abject rabble of a team M8.

Gutted for you.

IMG_3095.jpg.0dd704b3ee5aef443882fa6fbd0edf56.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, virginton said:

But it’s a Partick Thistle thread and he is a Partick Thistle supporter so why does he need to get in his box? Surely he has as much right to post on the thread as anyone giving the thread is about the club he supports