The Partick Thistle thread

Trying to renew my season ticket and the ptfctickets site keeps taking me to a CM chartered accountants website..

Is anyone else getting this?

I was getting this when at home but not at the University or when using 4G. I think Sky's DNS is scoobied or needs updated.

I was getting this when at home but not at the University or when using 4G. I think Sky's DNS is scoobied or needs updated.

Funnily enough I am on Sky for internet..

I tried doing it on my phone via data and was getting a little success (as in not redirected to that random site) but logos and pictures wouldn't resize or scale down so I couldn't click on boxes for changing seat..

Phoning the club tomorrow and will post anything useful from it here incase it helps someone with same problem

Total pain in the arse this..

Rumours that Paul Gallacher is to be our new goalkeeping coach.  Does he currently coach at all with Partick?  Only 36 so I'd assume he'll be a player/coach, in your opinion is he still capable enough to act as a back up keeper in an emergency? 

He hasn't played for more than a year but he was still handy when he did play.

He has said he wants to leave us to get more game time. I'd be surprised if he got that at Hearts.

Cheers.  Maybe he's tempted by the coaching role, but it could be nonsense I suppose.

Confirmed away pre season game against Raith Rovers. After bloody Falkirk last year I'm less than impressed with that pick. Be nice to offer somewhere good in the seaside leagues, even localish like Albion.

Confirmed away pre season game against Raith Rovers. After bloody Falkirk last year I'm less than impressed with that pick. Be nice to offer somewhere good in the seaside leagues, even localish like Albion.

Raith Rovers is up there with Falkirk and St Johnstone as the worst away day in Scotland.

At least it's a Tuesday, so there's still scope for a more exciting friendly on a Saturday. I won't be holding my breath though.

I don't mind Kirkcaldy as an away day, far enough away on the train, some decent enough pubs and can have a few in Edinburgh on the way back.

When we end up at St Mirren/Dumbarton/Clyde on the Saturday instead I'd rather have had Raith Rovers on the Saturday tbh. 

Rumours that Paul Gallacher is to be our new goalkeeping coach.  Does he currently coach at all with Partick?  Only 36 so I'd assume he'll be a player/coach, in your opinion is he still capable enough to act as a back up keeper in an emergency? 

He's been our goalkeeping coach for the last 2 (maybe 3?) seasons. He's definitely still capable enough as back up. Played against Dundee at Dens last season when Cerny was injured and Scully was suspended and had a very good game. As HJ has said, would rather him as back up than Scully.

Gallachers been player/coach for the last couple years, but we've only offered him a coaching role now. Says he's unsure as he doesn't want to hang up his boots yet. I'm sure he'd be tempted away to Hearts if they either gave him a player/coach role or simply offered him more. Honestly I don't see why we pissed around with this, just offer the guy a player/coach role and he'd be happy, plus having Scully as our only other senior Keeper is a scary thought.

Is it a wages thing with him wanting to be a player/coach rather than just a coach? I've no idea if player-coaches get a better wage for doing 2 jobs or not. 

Surely with a 3rd choice keeper (who if he's still at the level he was previously should be 2nd choice) there'd be no real difference to the club to just tell him he's a player coach if that's what he really wants? 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Is it a wages thing with him wanting to be a player/coach rather than just a coach? I've no idea if player-coaches get a better wage for doing 2 jobs or not. 

Surely with a 3rd choice keeper (who if he's still at the level he was previously should be 2nd choice) there'd be no real difference to the club to just tell him he's a player coach if that's what he really wants? 

Guess it has to be something along these lines in that it’s cheaper to pay Cullen to be our 3rd choice keeper and Gallacher to be a coach rather than Gallacher as player coach, or he must have looked really dire in training over the last few months.

He’d presumably get even less game time at Hearts than he would at us but I’m sure the extra wages will probably compensate.

Edited by Fuctifano

We are losing a good goalkeeper and I imagine a good coach...

Is he a good coach, though? Can't say I've seen many improvements in Scully.