The Partick Thistle thread

I remember when Forfar played us once in the League Cup he was giving it big licks to the home support when someone else scored. He was of course on the losing side anyway.

I don't believe he's kicked a ball since being released by Pollok in 2013. I'd laugh, but it's an utter embarrassment that someone like that was ever able to play for us.

Someone at my work informed me (cos I certainly don’t listen to it) that there was a question on Radio Clyde last night asking “who is Thistle’s 2nd most capped player?”

The answer given was

Stevie Craigen

, with Alan Rough being the most.

I think this is wrong, as if you’re going with total caps won whilst a Thistle player, then I think

Johnnie MacKenzie with 9, though Tuffey might be close

is 2nd behind Rough.

If you’re going with total caps won and also played with Thistle then surely this guy is top

Edited by Fuctifano

Someone at my work informed me (cos I certainly don’t listen to it) that there was a question on Radio Clyde last night asking “who is Thistle’s 2nd most capped player?”

The answer given was

Stevie Craigen

, with Alan Rough being the most.

I think this is wrong, as if you’re going with total caps won whilst a Thistle player, then I think

Johnnie MacKenzie with 9, though Tuffey might be close

is 2nd behind Rough.

If you’re going with total caps won and also played with Thistle then surely this guy is top

It depends on how the question is asked.

If we're going for caps won as a jag then Johnny MacKenzie is second with 9 caps behind Alan Rough's 51.

If we're going with caps won in total whilst winning at least one as a Thistle player, then Stephen Craigan is second with 54. Jakup Mikkelsen being the clear winner with 73.

Burton Albion. Brings it home to you level we're at if we lose good players to clubs in League One in England.

To be fair, a few of our good players were signed after being let go by / not getting a game at League One clubs in England- Osman, Seaborne, Higgy himself, Taylor on loan.

Been a quiet week and the pre-season dullness is kicking in- I get a wee buzz of excitement when I'm scrolling thru twitter and I see the Thistle badge- is it a new signing, A pre-season friendly in England, new strip launch date? Nope, it's another "please buy a season ticket" plea - I've already renewed.

Edited by Fuctifano

Burton Albion. Brings it home to you level we're at if we lose good players to clubs in League One in England.

Average attendance is about the same as ours (3,000 and something).

We should stop beating ourselves up by comparing ourselves to the English Leagues. They've got ten times the populace and about a zillion times the cash. I'm fine with that.

I remember when Forfar played us once in the League Cup he was giving it big licks to the home support when someone else scored. He was of course on the losing side anyway.

I don't believe he's kicked a ball since being released by Pollok in 2013. I'd laugh, but it's an utter embarrassment that someone like that was ever able to play for us.

We cuffed them 6-1 at Station Park a few seasons back with Jim Hamilton scoring an excellent solo goal (... yeah...) and my favourite memory from that game was when the Forfar players kept shouting "Daz" to get his attention. At a throw-in about to be taken by Mr Brady, a Thistle fan started shouting "Daz, Daz, Daz". There as a a long pause and then the immortal words "... you're shite". Cue palpable laughter both on and off the pitch.

We cuffed them 6-1 at Station Park a few seasons back with Jim Hamilton scoring an excellent solo goal (... yeah...) and my favourite memory from that game was when the Forfar players kept shouting "Daz" to get his attention. At a throw-in about to be taken by Mr Brady, a Thistle fan started shouting "Daz, Daz, Daz". There as a a long pause and then the immortal words "... you're shite". Cue palpable laughter both on and off the pitch.

Great story had a good laugh at that