The Partick Thistle thread

47 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Seen the usual chat about bringing Balatoni back in again on Twitter today.

c***s will just never learn.

Haha. Absolutely frightening, isn't it?

I've also read people pining for James Craigen and Sean Welsh during this close season. Next it will be 'we should re-sign John Baird, he'll give us something different up top'.

Honestly, if we were ever to become fan owned and have our transfers decided by a comittee made up of fans, we'd be in the Lowland League within five years.

Edited by Hammer Jag

We don't get anyone in today (will only train with us tomorrow) then likely we'll go in to Saturday with same 11 that started vs Livi. Known might be have to be rushed back which I hope doesn't set him back in his injury.

We"re being left behind despite the noises made about a top 6 finish & a new training ground being able to get business done early/attract players to club.

Azeez shouldn't have been let go until we had someone in. Can't do an awful lot when Keown injured but we knew we needed 2 centre halves if/when Liam left. 

Is it poor scouting?

Lack of contacts?

Frustrating.

Haha. Absolutely frightening, isn't it?
I've also read people pining for James Craigen and Sean Welsh during this close season. Next it will be 'we should re-sign John Baird, he'll give us something different up top'.
Honestly, if we were ever to become fan owned and have our transfers decided by a comittee made up of fans, we'd be in the Lowland League within five years.

We should have kept Steven Craig!!!1!!

I understand the frustrations but we've still got 6 weeks of open transfer window. I think 2-3 will come in and Keown will be fit for beginning of season. Archie never panics and brings in mediocrity. Last time he did that it failed miserably.

I do agree that us finishing top 6 should have been capitalized on more in regards getting a few bodies in door earlier. That's what Maxwell said would happen before we actually achieved it. Plus we had more prize money and sale of Liam.
But he should have just kept his mouth shut. Sure he'll learn from that. Finishing top 6 doesn't mean much is what I've recognized. Just staying up is what is needed.

Overall we're still in good condition. None of the injuries are long term other than Dumbaya and it was a betfred game versus Livi. Lose on pens. Not a 4-0 loss to Albion Rovers or Brora Rangers.

Let's judge once we get 6-8 games into the season. Then we can see where we are at. Look at results, performances etc.

2 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I understand the frustrations but we've still got 6 weeks of open transfer window. I think 2-3 will come in and Keown will be fit for beginning of season. Archie never panics and brings in mediocrity. Last time he did that it failed miserably.

I do agree that us finishing top 6 should have been capitalized on more in regards getting a few bodies in door earlier. That's what Maxwell said would happen before we actually achieved it. Plus we had more prize money and sale of Liam.
But he should have just kept his mouth shut. Sure he'll learn from that. Finishing top 6 doesn't mean much is what I've recognized. Just staying up is what is needed.

Overall we're still in good condition. None of the injuries are long term other than Dumbaya and it was a betfred game versus Livi. Lose on pens. Not a 4-0 loss to Albion Rovers or Brora Rangers.

Let's judge once we get 6-8 games into the season. Then we can see where we are at. Look at results, performances etc.

:lol:

Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo. Mediocrity would be fucking high praise indeed for him. 

1 hour ago, Klamgers said:

We don't get anyone in today (will only train with us tomorrow) then likely we'll go in to Saturday with same 11 that started vs Livi. Known might be have to be rushed back which I hope doesn't set him back in his injury.

We"re being left behind despite the noises made about a top 6 finish & a new training ground being able to get business done early/attract players to club.

Azeez shouldn't have been let go until we had someone in. Can't do an awful lot when Keown injured but we knew we needed 2 centre halves if/when Liam left. 

Is it poor scouting?

Lack of contacts?

Frustrating.

Fucking hell, calm down.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Same comments on the Saints forum tbf. People seem to forget that the teams who have signed players are generally signing free agent dross, whilst the bigger teams often have to wait for players under contract to become available. This time next month is when you should really panic if you're still looking short.

26 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Fucking hell, calm down.

What's wrong with what I said? 

We more then likely go in against St Mirren with same 11 that played against Livi in what is already likely to be a must win game if we're to progress in competition.

Injuries aside, despite our top 6 finish we're behind in our transfer dealings when we knew Lindsay going & Azeez wanting out.

Like I said, frustrating.

I'd quite happily bin the league cup to make a stronger start to the season than the previous couple of seasons.
Our squad is a bit thin at the moment to make much progression on two fronts at the moment.
Then again we're still in with a good chance of progression but we could be found out if we get a decent team in the knock out stages like we did last season when we had Syme at right back and Ziggy in central defence up at Tannadice.

7 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd quite happily bin the league cup to make a stronger start to the season than the previous couple of seasons.
Our squad is a bit thin at the moment to make much progression on two fronts at the moment.
Then again we're still in with a good chance of progression but we could be found out if we get a decent team in the knock out stages like we did last season when we had Syme at right back and Ziggy in central defence up at Tannadice.

I'd agree with this. Not really interested in the League Cup. Would love to see a decent Forward / Attacking mid signed as well as a decent Centre back more than getting to the next stage of this shitey Cup. 

I wish we had some form of scout in <random country like Croatia or a Ghana> and cherry pick players from down their leagues with the selling point that Thistle is a stepping stone to the English league (or UK passport 8).)  We are competing with 1/2 the league for the same players in Scotland and England so probably investing far more time that should be required to sell the club to players.

On 7/16/2017 at 09:03, Klamgers said:

No doubts we'll get players in but...

We were told that top 6 finish would enable to get contracts sorted/players in earlier. Disappointed hasn't happened. & don't point out Cerny extension (good) or Edwards (wtf?).

injuries again during pre season. I know it's a legacy, for some, of end of last season. Again, these guys should've been in after Hearts game as 6th was going to be our finish position & eyes should've been on 17/18.

Fitness? Why is it that Livi looked fitter than us as game went on? Erskine still blowing & hooked after 70? Not good. Livi at sane stage as is pre season as well. Doesn't bode well for not losing so many goals in last 5 mins again.

Finally, Barton in a back 4? Could see vs Dumbarton wasn't going to work. Why not start with a 3? Portsmouth fans told us when he signed he couldn't play as out & out CH. Spare man in a 3, yes but in a 4 beside bombscare Devine, no.

3 hours ago, Klamgers said:

Is it poor scouting?

Lack of contacts?

Frustrating.

1 hour ago, Klamgers said:

What's wrong with what I said? 

We more then likely go in against St Mirren with same 11 that played against Livi in what is already likely to be a must win game if we're to progress in competition.

Injuries aside, despite our top 6 finish we're behind in our transfer dealings when we knew Lindsay going & Azeez wanting out.

Like I said, frustrating.

You've made 3 posts on the forum, 2 of them are knicker-wetting hysteria which is essentially based on losing a penalty shootout to Livingston and the other is replying to me. WAT and the Thistle facebook groups already accommodate that kind of thing if it's what you like. 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

:lol:

Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo. Mediocrity would be fucking high praise indeed for him. 

I'm still staggered by the number of folk who legitimately tried to claim this boy was anything other than absolute pony. Still feel sorry for Balatoni and Muirhead who had to play alongside that duffer and cover his innumerous mistakes. Not to the extent that I'd suggest resigning either of them though like some odious twats.

53 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

You've made 3 posts on the forum, 2 of them are knicker-wetting hysteria which is essentially based on losing a penalty shootout to Livingston and the other is replying to me. WAT and the Thistle facebook groups already accommodate that kind of thing if it's what you like. 

Sorry for expressing an opinion. I assume by you calling me a knicker-wetter then you're a happy clapper?

Sorry for wanting my club to attempt to win a trophy this season instead of gauging progress by how many points we finish behind or ahead another team.

League will always be where the money is for the club but why shouldn't the fans dream of being like St Mirren, ICT or Ross Co & win a domestic trophy this generation?

Sure we could lose to Livi with 4 new signings in but to lose in the manner we did on Saturday?

Club like to bum up fans with their #WeAreCommitted slogan. Fans pay their money. Surely then they should expect club to match the commitment.

Go look at the top 6 quotes (last couple of seasons where we made one & not other) & tell me I'm wrong to question what was said.

& just for the record, think in my previous account there was over 300 posts. Just unfortunate I lost my phone/passwords & email account no longer exists to retrieve it.  

But hey, you're obviously a better fan than me.