The Partick Thistle thread

Essentially just looking at a re-run of 2004-05, a popular former player (now chief executive) in charge of the team then...soft, insipid, ultimately disinterested players...

The fans should be putting pressure on Archibald after every game now, Christmas and lurking near bottom is too late.

Edited by milhouse

This is one of those rare times in living memory that we'll have one of the biggest budgets in the league, helped by the fact that we haven't had to shell out for a new management team. Despite this the squad is in a pitifully weak state after the season has started, which is unacceptable. 

We are ultimately only one game into the season, but the outrage from the fans is completely justified and should be actively encouraged - the board, management team and playing staff are far too cosied up to properly hold each other to account, which leaves the fans as the last standing pillar of the club fit to hound every decision made here-on in. It was fun riding the Archibald bandwagon while it lasted, and it would be great to jump on it again, but until his team are fit to credibly challenge for this league the remaining fanboys should be fired into the sea.

29 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

And the "quality" of Sean McGinty.

I’m pissed kinda decided to drown my sorrows after the first goal. Being stupid is the least of my concern ATM. The thought of going to work in the morning is .. like watching us the now.

I was one of the ones that wanted Archie to stay but it’s looking like the wrong decision already.

Will an Alan Archibald team win the league? No

Will an Alan Archibald team have the balls to win a minimum of two ties in the play-offs? No

Was a great manager for us but it’s so much harder to win promotion from this league than it is to avoid relegation from the Scottish Premiership. I don’t think he’s up to the challenge and unless he makes four or five amazing signings, we look like we’ll finish 5th-7th at best.

He won't make amazing signings - his history of signings is shocking - Azeez, Amoo, Woods, McGinty, Devine to name a few. This is the worry - if he stays for the rest of the month, any new manager will be stuck with the players he signs before the window shuts. That's why he should go now and give the new manager a chance to sign players.

1 hour ago, The Arch said:

I was one of the ones that wanted Archie to stay but it’s looking like the wrong decision already.

Will an Alan Archibald team win the league? No

Will an Alan Archibald team have the balls to win a minimum of two ties in the play-offs? No

Was a great manager for us but it’s so much harder to win promotion from this league than it is to avoid relegation from the Scottish Premiership. I don’t think he’s up to the challenge and unless he makes four or five amazing signings, we look like we’ll finish 5th-7th at best.

I think anyone that has witnessed the last few games would bite your hand off to finish in any of those positions! Somebody on WAT has posted that we have won 8 of our last 48 league games, which is atrocious. Don't think any other manager in football nowadays would be able to survive facts like that

Edited by Sting777

10 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I think anyone that has witnessed the last few games would bite your hand off to finish in any of those positions! Somebody on WAT has posted that we have won 8 of our last 48 league games, which is atrocious. Don't think any other manager in football nowadays would be able to survive facts like that

It’s alright though, because he’s “learning lessons” from it.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s alright though, because he’s “learning lessons” from it.

Think it's the board that are needing to learn lessons. Have always been an Archie defender, but enough is enough. The wheels have come off,  same mistakes being made, the team is an unorganised shambles and we are still waiting for Banzo to come to the rescue. The board have big decisions to be made this week. Do we get rid of or do we trust Archie with the remaining budget to get things right. My feeling is that the board want Archie in charge when the new training ground opens. The worry is that we might be in Div 1 when that happens!

He won't make amazing signings - his history of signings is shocking - Azeez, Amoo, Woods, McGinty, Devine to name a few. This is the worry - if he stays for the rest of the month, any new manager will be stuck with the players he signs before the window shuts. That's why he should go now and give the new manager a chance to sign players.

In fairness, Martin Woods has the ability, but his chronic lack of application and failure to take responsibility was the last thing Partick needed at the time.

Devine really is a shambles though. It’s almost as if the fans can be perfectly reasonable judges of players.

As a fan of an opposing team, you look at Partick’s squad and think to yourself that there’s no real inclination to push for promotion. Which is odd, because next season will be every bit as competitive as this year.

6 minutes ago, John Lambie said:

It's horrible to bet against Thistle but ... 

I have a new laptop after the Livi games and the two Ayr games have paid for my season ticket. If we're going to be this dismal the least you can do is cash in. 

And no, I don't want us to lose. I'd rather have lost the stake money. 

18 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I heard this morning that we're giving Celtic the Jackie Husband and the John Lambie Stand for the cup game.

Seems like the ideal time for the board to try and piss off a few more fans if it's true. :lol:

Just fucking liquidate us.

24 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I heard this morning that we're giving Celtic the Jackie Husband and the John Lambie Stand for the cup game.

Seems like the ideal time for the board to try and piss off a few more fans if it's true. :lol:

Chapeau to any Jags fans who are going along to that particular encounter. Knowing Thistle, the boys will conspire to win it. :angel

17 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I have a new laptop after the Livi games and the two Ayr games have paid for my season ticket. If we're going to be this dismal the least you can do is cash in. 

And no, I don't want us to lose. I'd rather have lost the stake money. 

Totally agree.    I made a good bit betting against us last season and had £50 on Ayr on Saturday @2/1.

No one knows the strengths of our team better than us.     It doesn't make sense not to take advantage.