The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

Why wasn’t Jack Storer in yesterday’s squad? I haven’t seen any mention of him being injured or anything.

Sicky. Last minute call-off.

15 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Clocked that from over on the other side and looked like the same character who got into a similar situation at County in the Top 6 shootout in 2016 after Sean Welsh shanked another pass out the pitch. Someone made a fairly innocuous (and warranted) comment and this guy turned round, absolutely enraged, telling him to support the team.

An absolute whopper.

Was this late on? I was behind the goals and seem to have missed all of this... I think, I was quite pished, might have even left early to go back to the pub. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I have a new laptop after the Livi games and the two Ayr games have paid for my season ticket. If we're going to be this dismal the least you can do is cash in. 

And no, I don't want us to lose. I'd rather have lost the stake money. 

Livi games paid for my season ticket. My betting account is also looking particularly healthy already thanks to the last two games. I don't even feel bad just makes good sense, we're favourites against Falkirk as well. 

Haven't encountered a single fan in person that wants Archibald to stay anymore. I really doubt we could get Hopkin or Neilson, but fucking hell we need a change. 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I heard this morning that we're giving Celtic the Jackie Husband and the John Lambie Stand for the cup game.

Seems like the ideal time for the board to try and piss off a few more fans if it's true. :lol:

and the club have confirmed this isn't the case, good stuff.

Think it's the board that are needing to learn lessons. Have always been an Archie defender, but enough is enough. The wheels have come off,  same mistakes being made, the team is an unorganised shambles and we are still waiting for Banzo to come to the rescue. The board have big decisions to be made this week. Do we get rid of or do we trust Archie with the remaining budget to get things right. My feeling is that the board want Archie in charge when the new training ground opens. The worry is that we might be in Div 1 when that happens!

Waiting for Banzo to cure all ills after this length of time is akin to expecting Andy Murray to come back again and help GB to another Davis Cup.

It’s no’ happening.

image.thumb.png.a7b02061993714d79b79fd1e8c60ff65.png

image.png.2a32ac6027355c4e58fb385bcdbd55a8.png

I know it's been talked about, but seeing it in writing... 

Struggle to believe our budget is “competitive” if we haven’t been able to beat United or County to signings. We’ll see what happens with the final 4 signings but they’ll need to be bloody good to improve our absolute heap of a team.

3 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Struggle to believe our budget is “competitive” if we haven’t been able to beat United or County to signings. We’ll see what happens with the final 4 signings but they’ll need to be bloody good to improve our absolute heap of a team.

Given our injury record, the run of five games (including a reserve league game) in fourteen days and the apparent fitness levels of the squad I can't see four signings being enough to help us.

14 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Gary Irvine, Willo Flood, 6'3 striker who can bench press a horse but can't run the length of himself, header, or trap a ball signed from the conference north and an 18 year old on loan from an EPL club that his parent club "have high hopes for" but if you asked the first team manager to pick him out of a line up he wouldn't have a clue.

Edited by Fuctifano

16 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

United are spending just slightly less than what they were in the top flight in a desperate attempt to get up and whilst County's basic may well be much the same as yours, but they are able to add many add-ons to sweeten the deal that even some Prem clubs can't do.

We Need an experienced midfielder who can tackle and organise.

A striker who can hold the ball up and win a header when we inevitability punt it up the park. 

A right back because if Christie’s out we have no1 to fill in.

A winger who can put a ball over that doesn’t hit the first defender.

And I hope Keown leaves so we can get a half decent centre half in to partner O’Ware. If he thinks we can go a season with McGinty as first choice he’s fucking mental.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

United are spending just slightly less than what they were in the top flight in a desperate attempt to get up and whilst County's basic may well be much the same as yours, but they are able to add many add-ons to sweeten the deal that even some Prem clubs can't do.

We know that. The board, however, released a statement when we went down stating their aim was to get promotion this year and as such the budget would be competitive.

Therefore since we're utter shite we reserve the right to throw that statement back in the their faces repeatedly until we spend some money on someone who isn't shite.

As PoTM has said, I’m just quoting the club themselves. Fair enough if other teams can spend more but I don’t want the club coming out with big talk about competitive budgets and backing the manager when it’s utter bollocks. Plenty of our signings look like bottom of the barrel cheap/free shit. Of course Ayr have shown the past couple weeks it’s not all about budget but I don’t think we have any team spirit or managerial ability at the club either.

Christie Elliott is not a full back, right or left. Never has been. Never will be.

It is scandalous that Archibald tries to take us in with the nonsense that Christie Elliott is a full back.

For the avoidance of doubt,  I like Christie Elliott. A cracking guy who will do you a serviceable job in many positions when necessary, but can never be seen as an owner of any position in the current Thistle team.

2 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

We Need an experienced midfielder who can tackle and organise.

A striker who can hold the ball up and win a header when we inevitability punt it up the park. 

A right back because if Christie’s out we have no1 to fill in.

A winger who can put a ball over that doesn’t hit the first defender.

And I hope Keown leaves so we can get a half decent centre half in to partner O’Ware. If he thinks we can go a season with McGinty as first choice he’s fucking mental.

I'm going with he's fucking mental.      He has to have seen this clown before he signed him.

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Christie Elliott is not a full back, right or left. Never has been. Never will be.

It is scandalous that Archibald tries to take us in with the nonsense that Christie Elliott is a full back.

For the avoidance of doubt,  I like Christie Elliott. A cracking guy who will do you a serviceable job in many positions when necessary, but can never be seen as an owner of any position in the current Thistle team.

When we play a 3-5-2 he fits in well at Rwb because he’s very fit but if we play a 4 at the back I just don’t like him at Rb at all !