The Partick Thistle thread

I'd be happy to get Cowie on board. He'd be a kinda teuchter Hugh Murray. Would provide leadership on and off the pitch especially with such a young midfield. Vice captain at the Jambos last season. 

14 hours ago, Afro said:

Lawless, then. Talk to me, Thistle fans.

Sorry for interrupting your deep political debate, btw.

Happy for the interruption tbh. 

Seemed inconsistent for a long time, but usually works hard so will probably fit in well to the current Livi team. If you can get him playing the way he was a couple of seasons ago then decent player. If he has a season like last I don't think it's a great signing. 

2 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

Bannigan showing expertly how to do it the other way round.  Full pre season then miss the whole of the season.  

Yeah, thought it was a bit rich from him :lol:

On 09/07/2018 at 17:21, jagfox99 said:

Heard we could be interested in Ross Stewart big striker St Mirren signed from Alloa last season.

St Mirren have accepted a bid from County...

18 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

St Mirren have accepted a bid from County...

Bit of a commute for the lad. 

Glasgow Airport >>> Schipol

Schipol >>> Dingwall International

:green

My post wasn't addressed by John and he'll be the first to admit that.
The club already take a position on it since they do charitable work in the community with refugees. It's complete bollocks that the club should be open to all, the club should chase anyone who has a problem with their efforts to include minority groups whether that be their community work with refugees, the creation of the LGBT supporters group or whatever.
You claim your disdain for the OF is due 'that nonsense' yet your attitude that 'any view should be tolerated' is precisely the type of attitude that allows bigoted views to flourish.

Your view of bigots is your own opinion. It may differ from someone else. You and I will agree on some things and disagree on others. I’m just stating how do you define that? I’m completely tolerant and accepting within the bounds of views that aren’t preaching violence and hurting others. Any political stance, world view or belief I will respect. I support a club that allows all view points to be accepted. Yours included. I don’t like the idea of moving in one direction or stating an agenda. Celtic and Rangers have adopted that and it hurts them is my point. They are exclusive instead of inclusive. For example, should we not allow people who are Tories or heaven forbid voted for Brexit to attend Firhill? Israeli supporters? At Celtic they fly Palestinian flags and have made their stance clear. (I’ve opened the can of worms...here come the remarks [emoji57]) or what about Americans who voted Trump or agree with him? I may disagree with them but I wouldn’t want them not to be welcome to our club I think isn’t what Thistle stands for. We’re a club for all. But I draw the line at preaching violence and when people push hurting others.

So a bit harsh saying my view means bigots flourish. I believe in free expression and free will including speech. As we supposedly live in a democratic free nation. Tolerance to all cultures and views that don’t preach violent acts I believe should be allowed to come watch the Jags win, lose or draw. [emoji1303] #monthejags

I know many may disagree and once again I respect that.

I’d be happy to talk about this more off this thread with any fellow Jag. I get the feeling it’s making some uncomfortable and it’s understandable. Back to the football chat...

Our recruitment has been as pedestrian as ever and we're starting the season with an incomplete squad for the umpteenth time under Archie. We've yet to address a gaping hole in the middle of park that has been present for a year now and for the second consecutive season, appear to be relying on a seemingly irreparable Bannigan as a squad member.

Archie was quoted as saying he hoped to get "good quality loans in" and we've so far ended up with a guy in Shea Gordon who was a million miles away from a team who we've closely competed with for the last 5 years, and Max Melbourne who is a rather unknown quantity but plays in a position that is already filled. On the other hand, we still only have one recognised striker in the squad and one right back who we've known will be suspended for the first game for months. And did I mention about the midfield?

Don't worry though because "Ben Dover will be here for the Next Big Moment".  Think I know the name of every fucking season ticket holder in the stadium after this summer.

Edited by Armand 2