The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Perhaps he would.

Think there would be bigger clubs than us, offering far bigger wages, if he was free to sign for anyone. Could be that if Al Ahly didnt pay his wages and bonuses,as he seems to be implying, he might have a case in walking out, but who knows. Looks like this is going to get tied up in legal wrangles!

All we have is speculation, bang on. There are clubs with far broader shoulders so another guess might be personal circumstances.

I just hope this is not a train wreck.

29 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Think there would be bigger clubs than us, offering far bigger wages, if he was free to sign for anyone. Could be that if Al Ahly didnt pay his wages and bonuses,as he seems to be implying, he might have a case in walking out, but who knows. Looks like this is going to get tied up in legal wrangles!

He doesn't gave a case, as he lost that case months ago. 

56 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out ffs....

Why do you think ourselves, Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen didn't persue his signature after FIFA ruled on his dispute with Al Alhy?..... they want his fine paid upfront before releasing his registration.

Are you implying that there is a cartel of SPFL clubs working together to determine which players are available to play in Scotland?

Or do you also have inside knowledge of the Kilmarnock, Hibs, Aberdeen and Hearts boardroom discussions?

As alluded to in here, it's probably more likely that our legal bods, assisted by our qualified law graduate of a Chief Executive, after enjoying a few unused 'man of the match' bottles of whisky from last season, were thinking international contract law doesn't apply to the province of Maryhill so let's just sign him for a laugh.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He doesn't gave a case, as he lost that case months ago. 

Interesting. Have you a link to a report of that please?

What, therefore, is the basis for his contention that he owes Al Ahly bugger all, I wonder. 

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

If your club paid £1m for a player then after a couple of months he decides to leave although he is still contracted you wouldn't be too happy.

If the player was genuinely being persecuted for his beliefs etc then he should have sought legal advice rather than just leaving.

I obviously don't know what happened in this case, but can see both sides 

Ah yes, that well known beacon of fairness the Egyptian justice system.

28 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Interesting. Have you a link to a report of that please?

What, therefore, is the basis for his contention that he owes Al Ahly bugger all, I wonder. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.kingfut.com/2018/04/26/coulibaly-fined-alahly-dispute/amp/

He seems to constantly change his reasons for leaving. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hi RandomGuy,

I see you are capable of providing links when asked. The link to the Derek McInnes quotes would be lovely if you don't mind. 

Thanks.

If your club paid £1m for a player then after a couple of months he decides to leave although he is still contracted you wouldn't be too happy.
If the player was genuinely being persecuted for his beliefs etc then he should have sought legal advice rather than just leaving.
I obviously don't know what happened in this case, but can see both sides 

In some countries that works. In Egypt maybe not so much