The Partick Thistle thread

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It would be very strange if we hadn't made sure everything checked out first. We've been getting outbid on players all summer by the likes of County and United - to suddenly pay off a huge debt to sign a guy on a one year deal just surely can't have happened.

It would also be very embarrassing if we'd made a big f**k-up with it all, which I'm sure the majority on P&B would enjoy.

Coulibaly posted a video showing documents (apparently) from FIFA stating that he's eligible to play and that Al Ahly owe him bonuses. I can't see why they would, when the guy walked out on them, but it's all a big mess so who knows really.

It’s called the McNamara Clause.

Coulibaly was training with Hurlford Juniors before us which by the sounds of it would have violated the agreement with Al Ahly.

Maybe we have signed him as an amateur in order to side step the fee.
The tears that would cause would be delicious, absolutely delicious.

6 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Britton’s a bloody lawyer surely to f**k there’s no chance we signed him and just thought f**k it we will get away with it. Really hoping That’s not the case.. Other wise he’s going to look like an absolute Clown. 

Well Al Ahly dont appear to be letting it go and why would they if the are owed a million!! Its a strange one right enough but agreed, Britton is going to look a proer idiot if this falls through and it wont show well on the clubs main sponsor, Just Employment Law either!!

Edited by Sting777

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Coulibaly was training with Hurlford Juniors before us which by the sounds of it would have violated the agreement with Al Ahly.

Maybe we have signed him as an amateur in order to side step the fee.
The tears that would cause would be delicious, absolutely delicious.

The fine is only payable if he's registered as a player, he can train with anyone. 

Even if you sign him as an amateur he'll need to be registered to play, so the fine will need paid, there is no workaround. 

Fwiw a Saints fan on our forum went through this exact thought process for about a month despite being told he simply can't sign anywhere without the £1m being paid. 

I'm fairly sure Derek McInnes was in the news a few days before he joined you lot saying he wasn't willing to sign him due to fifa sanctions. 

You'll end up having him contracted for a year, he won't get registered so will never play, and he'll refuse to terminate his deal because its literally his only income. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fwiw a Saints fan on our forum went through this exact thought process for about a month despite being told he simply can't sign anywhere without the £1m being paid. 

How good's your fan? If he can get 15 goals this season we'll have him, despite the risks involved.

9 hours ago, partick_twinny said:

All new staff on my site are announced in weekly newsletters and anyone joining global expert groups within the company are announced in monthly updates. They don't bother telling everyone about my relocation arrangements though.

I don't get why you care so much about Coulibaly's financial situation. It's obvious we haven't paid it and won't. He wasn't even allowed to train with professional clubs last season, so obviously the situation changed before he signed.

Yes your company newsletter is exactly the same as a football club announcing a player who previously wasn't allowed to play football with zero explanation of how it's going to work to their supporters and the media.

That's twice now you've just made something up and not actually replied to the post quoted. First time the last poster said it would be appreciated if the club clarified the situation which led you off to talk about the club not having any obligation to tell us anything when no one said they did and now I 'care so much' because I said it would be nice of the club to explain the situation. Very odd behaviour. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month