The Partick Thistle thread

Anyone else hear on Radio Scotland this morning that Police Scotland are going to introduce sniffer dogs to stop flares and pyrotechnics being taken into football matches involving the OF?
Interesting concept. [emoji4]

You'd have to feel for the dogs.

Imagine having to sniff OF wankers.

Can't find a link to a single news story featuring Derek McInnes commenting on the Coulibaly situation, you'll be surprised to read. I'm not convinced this is a straightforward signing, regardless of whether or not RandomGuy. is spouting sh*te.

Just now, Nizzy said:

Can't find a link to a single news story featuring Derek McInnes commenting on the Coulibaly situation, you'll be surprised to read. I'm not convinced this is a straightforward signing, regardless of whether or not RandomGuy. is spouting sh*te.

Coulibaly responded to an Aberdeen fan on twitter saying "Announce Coulibaly".   That's probably it. 

Maybe the Sun should speak to Coulibaly to see if the documents he has are valid ?

Youda thunk the club would have done that, wouldn't you? And maybe a phone call, fax or email to the football thorties. You know, the much loved due diligence pish.

He says he has two (Fifa?) documents that, by implication, extract him from the Egyptian pickle. Presumably the Egyptian side has seen those.

We are not getting the straight scoop from someone.

3 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Youda thunk the club would have done that, wouldn't you? And maybe a phone call, fax or email to the football thorties. You know, the much loved due diligence pish.

He says he has two (Fifa?) documents that, by implication, extract him from the Egyptian pickle. Presumably the Egyptian side has seen those.

We are not getting the straight scoop from someone.

My thoughts on that are, if that is the case ,surely he wouldnt be willing to ply his trade in the Scottish Championship!

The Sun article is just a re-hash of the Kingfut artcile posted last night with added sensationalism. Though I'm disappointed they didn't used "Coulibaby Al-Alhy Ballyhoo" at some point.

It'd be good if those docs SC was waving around in his video were just ones he'd printed off himself. "This say you owe me...<squints>... a BILLION DOLLARS".  Hopefully someone from the media actually asks Thistle about this at some point soon.

23 minutes ago, the_paulo said:

Just quoting this bit for the residual banter fest and your inevitable disbarring.  

It's true. It'll only be if FIFA decide he's allowed to play but a percentage of his wage goes towards Al Ahly. 

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Is it just me or is fining a player on Coulibaly's wages over a million a bit much? If the guy can't even fucking work how is he meant to pay this back, I mean come on to f**k here. 

Would think the million will comprise of the fee they paid to Killie and his wages!

On 21/08/2018 at 17:22, Nightmare said:

Tell us more about your links to the Al Ahly boardroom.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out ffs....

Why do you think ourselves, Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen didn't persue his signature after FIFA ruled on his dispute with Al Alhy?..... they want his fine paid upfront before releasing his registration.

If your club paid £1m for a player then after a couple of months he decides to leave although he is still contracted you wouldn't be too happy.

If the player was genuinely being persecuted for his beliefs etc then he should have sought legal advice rather than just leaving.

I obviously don't know what happened in this case, but can see both sides 

On 8/21/2018 at 16:09, C4mmy31 said:

I see it's subject to international clearance, good luck with that as Al Alhy are adiment they want the £1.4m compensation fine paid before they release his registration.

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out ffs....

Why do you think ourselves, Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen didn't persue his signature after FIFA ruled on his dispute with Al Alhy?..... they want his fine paid upfront before releasing his registration.

^ ^ Illiterate.