Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

When Shug told they women to shut up when him and Winston were at the computer, was that a cheeky wee cameo from Nicola Sturgeon??
Looked like her anyway, but I'm no sure.

Believe it or not I actually thought that myself. Would need to watch it back...

Thought it was very funny in places trouble being you could remove all the Methadone Mick stuff and the funny moments would remain intact. Weakest of the three for me yet still craps on anything else that goes under the guise of a comedy nowadays. Shrug's line "I was a bawhair away from giving my pension to a prostitute" was brilliant. :lol:

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Not as good as last week, but better than episode one.

Meth Mick is a good character, but was seriously overused in tonight's episode.

On the subject of minor characters, Peggy will feature in this series.

Awful character.

Haven't watched this week's one yet but looking at the comments on here, it seems to have been OK and nothing more.

Couldn't get into this episode. The first two were very good, but this one put too much of its time on Methadone Mick that it didn't really give enough time for the other characters to shine. Not really a fan of this character because his jokes got old very fast. This episode basically told the same joke (Mike likes drugs and has a trippy outlook on everything, so let's keep reminding people about it) for the majority of it. If it focused on another character like Navid or Isa instead then it would of been so much better. I give this one a 6/10.

14 hours ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I liked the first two episodes but that was a bit of a mess, Mick isn't really a strong enough character to carry an episode IMO. This is petty but chucking that fine in the bin at the office seemed too stupid and out of character for Winston, stuff like that comes across as lazy writing to me.

After Erics earlier "you've run out of bog roll Boaby" line I was expecting the final scene to be Winston wiping his arse with/showing it smeared in shite type scenario.

15 hours ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I liked the first two episodes but that was a bit of a mess, Mick isn't really a strong enough character to carry an episode IMO. This is petty but chucking that fine in the bin at the office seemed too stupid and out of character for Winston, stuff like that comes across as lazy writing to me.

Winston was the daft c**t that kicked his 30k winnings from the bookies out the window when capering with Jack and Victor.  I didn't think it was out of character for him to stick it in the bin, he is daft.

Again I thought the episode was okay, a few laughs, but nothing too great.  Not quite reached the highs of other seasons yet.

All set up for the brother to come back with that money. For me...

1st one - 6/10
2nd - 8/10
3rd - 5/10

By still game standards. Still enjoyed them all however. Someone said it here but I think I'll enjoy them more watching them again, always expect a lot on first viewing, especially with the comeback one.