Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Enjoyed tonight's more than last week's. Meena's line about chucking out her dildo was funny as was the scene with the undertaker on the landing. I think people need to get over the Methadone Mick hate, he's not going anywhere but if they use him in small doses like tonight then it's far better than the last series where it felt they were trying to ram him down our throats. He's still shite though.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

Nowhere near the classics. Not even comparable I’m afraid.

I'd agree about every other new episode since the return but that was fantastic tonight.

That's up there with the best for me. They could have made more of Eric's death, but the understated nature worked well. Winston staying loyal was very poignant. I'll miss Eric. Another good character down, and still Mick remains which is a blow. Also, I know Boaby is made out to be a cock, but the pub scene where he kicked the flowers seemed a little out of place as he's a wee softie at heart usually. It did raise a laugh though!

That was much better than last week and much better than the last series. That was Still Game.

That was an excellent episode, I just don't understand the hate, I think that it must be an age thing, in the way that people think that summers were longer and sunnier in their youth and that it always snowed at Christmas!!!

Tonight's episode, I think would stand up against any of the previous episodes!!!

I've got to say though that Winston stole the show IMO, the One Direction rant is going to go down as an all time classic scene and his class act at the end was a joy!!!

If you're not enjoying, stop watching it, but I'll guarantee that in the end you'll have missed out!!!

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Compare this episode to, say, the one with the spider and Isa baking a cake from the last series. It was just in a different league.

This episode wouldn't challenge the best ones, but wouldn't have looked out of place in the earlier series.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think if folk watched that without so much as laughing then it'd be best for you to stop watching and remember it for what it was. 

I'm going to take your advice and chuck it.

I thought that was only marginally better than last week's episode, which was awful. There were a few good lines (mostly from Boaby) but the pacing was way off and the last five minutes were dreadful. Can't understand how anyone says that was up there with the best episodes.

Also, wasn't the main storyline pretty much a rehash of Isa thinking she's going to die?

Edited by Gareth_Glasgow

Pretty sure the mention of The Phoenix in Dundee will be front page Courier news.

Depends when the Dunfermline Press comes out, they'll have photographers and reporters down taking statements and quotes from the local worthies of North Queensferry as we speak!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Depends when the Dunfermline Press comes out, they'll have photographers and reporters down taking statements and quotes from the local worthies of North Queensferry as we speak!!!

Comes out on a Thursday 

6 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I can see the headline.

I FILLED GINA'S OYSTER

Victor stayed true to his word. I’m sure in a previous episode, they were discussing the grim reaper and he said that if the reaper came to his door, he’d say Jack was in instead. Not sure if it was a coincidence like...

”and what is this shit” kicking the flowers from Boaby (as stated, out of character) but still gave me a laugh. 

Always be remembered Eric...

”...See when a take ma cock oot..”

edited to correct quote..:lol:

Edited by Wardy

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought Meena stole the show with her lines

She usually does. 

"Govan!"

And of course the Omar Sharif bit. I liked how the woman's coffee mug still hid her face, like they used to do with the neighbour in 'Home Improvement'.