Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Thought the Tam storyline was decent enough and was better than the main pie story, and the scanner thing started well with Isa trying to have a gossip with it but it quickly went downhill.

Yet again, no reason for Mick to be on there and that's now two weeks in a row he's been buying pints. This homeless guy has more money to spend that I do, and I work 40 hours a week!!

It's getting to the point where i'm wishing they had never come back, they're just ripping the arse out of it a bit now.  I've seen every episode of the first 6 series a good 15 times but i'm struggling to think of a single episode from the newer ones i'd be bothered about seeing again

That episode was alright. It was just a general meh. Far from the worst episode but after a very strong, on form start, I'm beginning to think that the last series was better which is saying something as that was extremely overacted.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Good of Peggy to give an uncooked steak pie to a guy who lives under a bridge.

I bet Colin McCredie was glad he got such a big role too.

If the smackhead and funeral director's constant, pointless cameos are anything to go by, he's got a job for life. 

Up until last night, I was fairly indifferent about Mick. I don't know whether it's because the equally pointless Peggy was involved but last night made me understand why he is so disliked. He's such a smug looking c**t. It's a shame that yer man who played Eric wanted to leave. I'd happily sacrifice Mick and Peggy for him to return.

Cairds was the first episode of Still Game I ever saw. When that series was on I used to stay at Granny Sanchez' fairly regularly and she used to tape it for my uncle who lives in Australia. I'd watch it every time I went. "That was John Logie Baird, he says you're an arsehole."

I enjoyed it. I wish folk would just f**k off if they've decided they no longer liking it though, hearing the exact same shite on here every week gets boring 

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I enjoyed it. I wish folk would just f**k off if they've decided they no longer liking it though, hearing the exact same shite on here every week gets boring 

Imagine offering an opinion that differs from your own! 

For the record I love still game, but I will happily give an honest opinion of each episode and that one was shite, in my opinion. 

Cairds was the first episode of Still Game I ever saw. When that series was on I used to stay at Granny Sanchez' fairly regularly and she used to tape it for my uncle who lives in Australia. I'd watch it every time I went. "That was John Logie Baird, he says you're an arsehole."

Pretty sure that line is from Oot [emoji2]

That’s uncanny though, granny Par had Cairds and Big Yin on VHS in her house and we’d watch it every time we visited as well.

I was still pishing myself at every line in Cairds though, genuinely not even an average moment in that episode. Admittedly, this was caused by a mixture of knowing what was coming as well as it just being really fucking funny anyway.

“Hi, Tam. You’re no a Moslim are ye?”

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Is cairds the one they're spying across the block of flats playing for the motoscooter?

Yip. Tam is at his scheming best.

The whole set-up is magnificent, and Pete the Jakey is excellent as the doorman.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Shug... and two polis"

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Yip. Tam is at his scheming best.

The whole set-up is magnificent, and Pete the Jakey is excellent as the doorman.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Shug... and two polis"

Outstanding episode

Cairds is excellent - so well written, and the sort of episode you can watch time and again but still find highly amusing. You can say similar for episodes such as Courtin, Waddin and Hoaliday

This series, and most of the last, have, by comparison, been consistently terrible. It is still well received amongst simpletons, though. 

Edited by DrewDon